Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Siege Windows - Official discussion thread

Pann

5 hours ago, mandalore said:

That rarely worked in SB, I suspect the same for here.  Without owning something you won't be able to build top end gear and we all know how quickly gear decays.  If you're a mercenary who's going to protect you from the enemies of your employers? 

I will, if now is any indication of the future im able to hold my own pretty well against more geared opponents and against the unwashed masses of chaos, all it takes is just 1 extreme reactional genocide of some stupid guild to make others think twice

hoayaga2.jpg

1 minute ago, Grivyn said:

You keep saying this offpeak hours thing, very few give a crap about the forts DURING peak hours this backcapping problem you keep spouting isn't due to offpeak players it's due to the apathy around maintaining a hold on forts.

Some of the reasons why people don't bother to capture forts and don't bother to defend forts are being directly addressed by this change. There are undoubtedly additional ways to make forts worth holding, but this change will help.

Ultimately, what we really want is to have good fights while attacking and defending forts. This change helps to make that happen.

IhhQKY6.gif

14 minutes ago, Bazgul said:

I also think timers are a very bad idea. What we need is better and faster notification that a fort is being attacked. I think ACE is knee jerk reacting to things. You want pvp at forts have them produce items if held for 24 hours or defended or captured.

How would you ever make it to them in time?  People can wall hop and get a fort in 5 min with a full group. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

So players that cant be bothered about forts now are just going to magically decide "hey this forts timer is open, I think i'm going to stop farming for non-existant necro googles and go attack/defend it". The only ones that give a damn about this are the ones that DO care about being the "Campaign winners, my badge has a better colour" types. The change wont help at all, in fact it will cost the game players period.

1 minute ago, Grivyn said:

So players that cant be bothered about forts now are just going to magically decide "hey this forts timer is open, I think i'm going to stop farming for non-existant necro googles and go attack/defend it". The only ones that give a damn about this are the ones that DO care about being the "Campaign winners, my badge has a better colour" types. The change wont help at all, in fact it will cost the game players period.

For players that "can't be bothered", and think "forts are useless", explain to me how this impacts them in any way shape or form.

4 minutes ago, mandalore said:

How would you ever make it to them in time?  People can wall hop and get a fort in 5 min with a full group. 

Exactly why players don't care about forts, to fast to capture, don't care about winning campaign or getting a different colour on the badge. Player base is so small atm is not even enough concurrent players in maps to react if it took 10-15min to cap a fort...

4 minutes ago, Grivyn said:

Knowing that you can actually get a real fight by showing up to defend a fort will "magically" make people decide to do it where right now they don't bother. Yes.

Which players will this change cost? The ones that want to run around the map and capture 12 forts without seeing an opponent?

IhhQKY6.gif

Because rather than timers I would prefer that they give players a reason to care about forts over just slapping on a artificial window so that the 10-30 players that give a poorly made socks know when and where to go to cap a fort that may but most likely wont have defenders.

3 minutes ago, Grivyn said:

Player base is so small atm is not even enough concurrent players in maps to react if it took 10-15min to cap a fort...

That is an excellent reason to make it so we fight over a smaller number of forts at any given time, rather than spreading out across the map to claim uncontested forts.

IhhQKY6.gif

3 minutes ago, Grivyn said:

Exactly why players don't care about forts, to fast to capture, don't care about winning campaign or getting a different colour on the badge. Player base is so small atm is not even enough concurrent players in maps to react if it took 10-15min to cap a fort...

Yes but if we know the fort is live for a whole hour this means there will be fights to control the fort at the end of the window.  An entrenched enemy can be hard to get out of a fort so it's not like you will rush it in the last 5 min of the window.  You do understand the point of the campaigns is to win the rewards from the right?  If you're just looking for instant access pvp (and all that matters is just that pvp) CF might not be the game for you.  Skirmishes (outposts too) are the moment to moment aspect of the game.  Forts would be a less frequent but more group vs group (or faction or guild) content.  Keeps are the big fights that could be every few days and you need to hold or take them to be able to craft the best gear (or farm the mats for the best gear since nodes are often around the keeps). 

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

DoAC had a fort/keep system without timers and a multi-timezone playerbase that functioned just fine and the ownership status on the forts/keeps had a much bigger bearing on the game state than it does in CF.

Something to keep in mind is that we are currently testing the 3-faction ruleset. There are different considerations for how a 3-faction ruleset should work than a free-for-all ruleset.

For those looking for less restrictions, more player agency on when sieges happen, and more of an open free-for-all, the Dregs will be available. The Dregs/FFA ruleset will be a very different game than the factions rulesets.

IhhQKY6.gif

4 minutes ago, Jah said:

For those looking for less restrictions, more player agency on when sieges happen, and more of an open free-for-all, the Dregs will be available. The Dregs/FFA ruleset will be a very different game than the factions rulesets.

For those just tuning in that is supposed to be soon-ish.  We as the players don’t know when that will actually be but AKAIK they plan to release with both game types. 

wiDfyPp.png