Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Siege Windows - Official discussion thread


Pann
 Share

Recommended Posts

On 4/19/2019 at 6:34 PM, Grivyn said:

Game was touted as a sandbox pvp mmo during kickstater in much the same vein as Shadowbane which had timers for major sieges NOT every little thing in the game.

You must have quit Shadowbane before mines were a thing. Those had timers on them and went off daily iirc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 4/19/2019 at 6:34 PM, Grivyn said:

They started with Faction due to it being the hardest to get right. They are building systems and making changes based on a limited subset of players opinions/wishes in a small pre-alpha playerbase that have stated they wont even play Faction campaigns anyways. Game was touted as a sandbox pvp mmo during kickstater in much the same vein as Shadowbane which had timers for major sieges NOT every little thing in the game.

Mines had timers, banes had timers, disc drops had timers.  Besides ganking groups what PvP in SB wasn't on a structured timer?

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Thromdeir said:

You must have quit Shadowbane before mines were a thing. Those had timers on them and went off daily iirc.

Yes indeed the sb.exe errors got to me before mines were a thing, when I was playing SB it was in its original form.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, Grivyn said:

Yes indeed the sb.exe errors got to me before mines were a thing, when I was playing SB it was in its original form.

The only error I ever had was melee sync and that was at the end of the game's life. You can't quit early and complain about features or QoL changes that came after you left and were well received being incorporated into is essentially the closest thing we will ever get as a spiritual successor to the game.  As far as I'm concerned mines, disc, resources, and sieges are all Shadowbane's original form. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Grivyn said:

Yes indeed the sb.exe errors got to me before mines were a thing, when I was playing SB it was in its original form.

Even when you were in Sb there still the majority of fights on siege or spawn timers.  Unless you mean to say random world ganking to which i counter, there's just as much of that in CF as there was in SB. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, mandalore said:

Even when you were in Sb there still the majority of fights on siege or spawn timers.  Unless you mean to say random world ganking to which i counter, there's just as much of that in CF as there was in SB. 

Random world ganking is my favorite thing to do 😁

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Tyrannicall said:

Random world ganking is my favorite thing to do 😁

O it's an excellent way to play the game but its a tangent of the game and is entirely supported by the main aspect of the game: winning.  Ganking feels like joining the coast guard and then telling your friends you served. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/16/2019 at 6:31 PM, srathor said:

Let us all go balance then we can all be "winners"

 

As long as there is no reason not to, everyone will just go the path of least resistance.  There needs to be some incentive for people to not just pile in with the winning faction.

Relying on gamers' altruism and expecting them to make decisions against their interests to help preserve the game is a losing battle.

Maybe fixed winnings could be divided among the entire faction's population, so there's less loot for you if you join a high population faction.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, Tiberius_Invictus said:

As long as there is no reason not to, everyone will just go the path of least resistance.  There needs to be some incentive for people to not just pile in with the winning faction.

Relying on gamers' altruism and expecting them to make decisions against their interests to help preserve the game is a losing battle.

Maybe fixed winnings could be divided among the entire faction's population, so there's less loot for you if you join a high population faction.

This is a pre alpha test reward.  There are cosmetic differences in the reward for the winner (or really the top performing people of any faction) and then everybody gets the same reward for testing.

Edited by mandalore
40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Link to comment
Share on other sites

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...