Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Ble

Campaign Scoring has changed or broke?

Recommended Posts

The only thing we know for sure is that outposts and forts that have changed hands after the "bug fix" patch are scoring correctly and that keeps are not.  Outposts and forts that were held before the "bug fix" and are still held now are not able to be confirmed to be giving the right points.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, vkromas said:

We've got a hotfix in the works and in the process of being deployed now. Thanks again for all the reports and help.

Any word on how the discrepancy happened?  


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/20/2019 at 12:05 AM, mandalore said:

Any word on how the discrepancy happened?  

I'm not entirely sure how it happened, to be honest, since the fix wasn't a data fix. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, vkromas said:

I'm not entirely sure how it happened, to be honest, since the fix wasn't a data fix. 

Is there any chance at restitution of points lost due to this bug?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, vkromas said:

I'm not entirely sure how it happened, to be honest, since the fix wasn't a data fix. 

Will the team be fixing the score to make up for the lost points? 


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We don't have any reasonable way to restore the points (the data may be logged but it would take a significant effort to determine what points weren't counted and it still might not be fully accurate).  We feel that resources are better spent trying to get the new 5.90 version out as soon as possible.

Given that all three factions were relatively close in score when the fix went in, and given this is still pre-alpha, we made the call to allow the campaign to continue to completion rather than reset it completely (which was our other choice).  We felt like this approach was the "lesser of the evils".

It's not a lot of comfort right this minute, but every bug that we find now is another one we are much less likely face after the game launches, and for that we are grateful to all the backers who participate the tests.  We couldn't make this game to the quality level we all want without you!

 


Gordon Walton, ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.  [Rules of Conduct]

Follow us on Twitter @CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Tyrant said:

We don't have any reasonable way to restore the points (the data may be logged but it would take a significant effort to determine what points weren't counted and it still might not be fully accurate).  We feel that resources are better spent trying to get the new 5.90 version out as soon as possible.

Given that all three factions were relatively close in score when the fix went in, and given this is still pre-alpha, we made the call to allow the campaign to continue to completion rather than reset it completely (which was our other choice).  We felt like this approach was the "lesser of the evils".

It's not a lot of comfort right this minute, but every bug that we find now is another one we are much less likely face after the game launches, and for that we are grateful to all the backers who participate the tests.  We couldn't make this game to the quality level we all want without you!

 

Thank you for the official answer  Gordon. 


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tyrant said:

We feel that resources are better spent trying to get the new 5.90 version out as soon as possible.

Yes, bugs will happen in early testing - please keep the focus on forward progress!


tiPrpwh.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...