Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SmokinJoker46290

Questions for the Devs!

What is going on with faction balancing? Is this going to be coming in a future update or should we all just hop on the balance train like the rest of this game?

Its very demoralizing to show up to siege with about 25 people going against roughly 100. But we still show up each and every night and try our best win or lose despite the number differences. Whats stopping new players from joining the stacked faction or chaos/order from ALL jumping ship making the other 2 factions empty?? I get the argument about the big guilds not all being able to be on the same faction if a balancing system was in place but to be honest, if 1 of the bigger guilds from balance swapped to one of the other factions then we might actually have a game on our hands instead of feeling like a constant punching bag.

Is there any news on when a performance patch will be released? 

Not sure if the devs show up to siege but when 100 people are standing a few inches from each other the game turns from a modern PC game made in this century to the very first moving picture ever made in the late 1800's. Frame rate drops to basically 0, skills stop hitting targets, everyone is yo-yoing back and forth and its basically which side has more AOE output thru the lag spikes.  Myrm classes that rely on crashing a mechanic at a specific time are impossible to pull off. just trying to switch zones has caused some consistent crashing and this last hot fix released on 4/17 has only made things worse.  

Will we be getting Guild storage before you put out more "new" items???

I like the fact that the additives came back for bodies!! However, without implementing some sort of guild storage first (that we have been asking for since i can remember) our bank space is even more packed with random stuff. Having to make a few extra characters to use as a storage for myself and guild is a bit of a  hassle and a little ridiculous.  Not to mention completely confusing when remembering what random toon is holding what.

Was the armor durability supposed to be paper???

First few days of this new campaign we didn't have much since it was after a wipe. Most of us purchased intermediate armor just to make do but when handed one of the first sets i realized the durability was 1/5th what it used to be and the intermediate had more. If i can buy some intermediate armor that has higher durability than our guilds master blacksmith can craft (without the tool) i think there's an issue. Sure the armor rating and stats are non existent but my point stands on durability rating being significantly higher with intermediate vs rare/green or any other color crafted without the tool. 

Is this a PVE or PVP game??

Started off as a PvP game but now its turning into just another PvE game except with 1 added PvP mechanic.  Spending hours grinding mats to make gear to PvP in was understandable. But farming endlessly at a PvE war camp for a minor disc just has me wanting to put a bullet in my foot. Not to mention getting multiple of that same minor disc for the other 15 guild mates that want it!!! I guess my question is do i get paid sick leave or holiday pay for this full time job i just started??

43 minutes ago, SmokinJoker46290 said:

Its very demoralizing to show up to siege with about 25 people going against roughly 100.

Um. That isn't even close to true. It's also not even possible with the 100-person cap on the zones.

The whole "everyone is on balance" thing is a total myth. And the current Trial is relatively close in terms of points.

D4ZwEWSX4AEnnqw.png:large

IhhQKY6.gif

Personally im not going to sit her and argue numbers with 2 people from the faction thats currently stacked trying to defend themselves in thinking the game is fun for everyone else. The devs should be able to see the active player numbers for siege time and be able to see that the faction stacking has been and will be an issue. 

Just now, SmokinJoker46290 said:

Personally im not going to sit her and argue numbers

You are the one that made the ridiculous claim that you are fighting 25 vs 100 when that isn't even possible.

IhhQKY6.gif

1 hour ago, SmokinJoker46290 said:

Its very demoralizing to show up to siege with about 25 people going against roughly 100.

@Jah

i said we show up to siege with 25. and you guys have roughly 100.  maybe thats not 100 in zone or in HOA or Winterblades but all together in balance.  

please read before starting a wild argument.

Just now, SmokinJoker46290 said:

@Jah

i said we show up to siege with 25. and you guys have roughly 100.  maybe thats not 100 in zone or in HOA or Winterblades but all together in balance.  

please read before starting a wild argument.

Its entirely false.

IhhQKY6.gif

Posted (edited)

Clams had 4 people at siege today, and @Phr00t made the big IQ play of coming with a weapon that was about to break so it broke mid-combat.  We literally crafted him a new intermediate book in the keep between fights.  We were defending Aerynth with the very small group of HoA and I think less than 5 Infernal.  Not a lot of unguilded people either and didn't see any other guild sigils on Balance.  We fought off both Order and Chaos.

Edited by Hungry

1 hour ago, SmokinJoker46290 said:

What is going on with faction balancing? Is this going to be coming in a future update or should we all just hop on the balance train like the rest of this game?

Bandwagoning is a valid concern, no one wants it. That is not what is happening, player/guild participation is the issue. Gamers say they like "Sandbox" but they don't really. 

Its very demoralizing to show up to siege with about 25 people going against roughly 100. But we still show up each and every night and try our best win or lose despite the number differences. Whats stopping new players from joining the stacked faction or chaos/order from ALL jumping ship making the other 2 factions empty??

Thank you for showing up to the sandbox to play I appreciate your participation and I can empathize, but let me say every time Blazzen is online, the Balance faction has a hard way to go, and I feel like I'm drowned in a sea of red. Maybe I feel that way because Blazzen and his officers know how to call a target and his people know how to get on it fast. And the other two factions are not empty because everyone is on the Balance faction. 

I get the argument about the big guilds not all being able to be on the same faction if a balancing system was in place but to be honest, if 1 of the bigger guilds from balance swapped to one of the other factions then we might actually have a game on our hands instead of feeling like a constant punching bag

The two biggest clans with the most experience are on separate factions. You do realize we lost a keep tonight? And another keep was in jeopardy.  

Not sure if the devs show up to siege but when 100 people are standing a few inches from each other the game turns from a modern PC game made in this century to the very first moving picture ever made in the late 1800's. Frame rate drops to basically 0, skills stop hitting targets, everyone is yo-yoing back and forth and its basically which side has more AOE output thru the lag spikes.  Myrm classes that rely on crashing a mechanic at a specific time are impossible to pull off. just trying to switch zones has caused some consistent crashing and this last hot fix released on 4/17 has only made things worse.

I didn't see performance that bad tonight, but I may not have been where you wereat the time. I too wish the Devs would field their own squad during a siege sometime before and during their last few performance tweeks. People who play Myrms right now are masochist. I played Myrm in Big World and loved it, Spec-group 3 Myrms and Two Clerics, remember that? I wouldn't touch it now. 

Will we be getting Guild storage before you put out more "new" items???

I like the fact that the additives came back for bodies!! However, without implementing some sort of guild storage first (that we have been asking for since i can remember) our bank space is even more packed with random stuff. Having to make a few extra characters to use as a storage for myself and guild is a bit of a  hassle and a little ridiculous.  Not to mention completely confusing when remembering what random toon is holding what.

Yep, I don't think anyone is happy about this.

Was the armor durability supposed to be paper???

First few days of this new campaign we didn't have much since it was after a wipe. Most of us purchased intermediate armor just to make do but when handed one of the first sets i realized the durability was 1/5th what it used to be and the intermediate had more. If i can buy some intermediate armor that has higher durability than our guilds master blacksmith can craft (without the tool) i think there's an issue. Sure the armor rating and stats are non existent but my point stands on durability rating being significantly higher with intermediate vs rare/green or any other color crafted without the tool. 

Expect this balancing issue to be ongoing. My personal opinion is there will be more changes to armor before this game goes to Beta test.

Is this a PVE or PVP game??

This is a Pre-Alpha test of War Tribes, and yes we are testing the tech for their PvE mobs, I think the mobs are much better now, and do provide an extra layer of threat to the overall PvP game

Started off as a PvP game but now its turning into just another PvE game except with 1 added PvP mechanic.  Spending hours grinding mats to make gear to PvP in was understandable. But farming endlessly at a PvE war camp for a minor disc just has me wanting to put a bullet in my foot. Not to mention getting multiple of that same minor disc for the other 15 guild mates that want it!!! I guess my question is do i get paid sick leave or holiday pay for this full time job i just started??

No you don't get sick leave or holiday pay. If you paid $250 or more for this game I believe you will call in sick at your real job the day this game goes live, so you can be one of the first to hit the ground running. And I also think you will ignore your family and friends so you can play undisturbed during holidays. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, SmokinJoker46290 said:

hey Jah, how many active do u have in Winterblades? how many active in HOA? Now compare those numbers to any other factions active player count during siege time. 

your rebuttal about score has absolutely nothing to do with player counts and thus is invalid.

How many hours do you put into this thing daily/weekly? How many do your guild or faction mates? How much time do you spend practicing as a team? Do you build characters for individual glory or for the larger picture? Does your guild/faction use discord? Are guild leaders communicating and planning?

I have zero evidence but have a strong tickle that those winning are simply outplaying those that are losing.

It's very easy to point to numbers as a reason for outcomes, but pretty sure both those guilds and those on the "losing" factions have overcome the odds on more than one occasion without relying on numbers.

Players and teams are not created equal. This is why games with an actual competitive side have ranked/structured play. It isn't fun to lose when the reasoning is cloudy. In ranked or more so competition, losing is likely do to just being out skilled. 

Crowfall will not be fair and what is happening might continue to happen even with changes. Luckily there should be varying campaign types that will allow players to naturally find similar competition or if needed, dev provided structure to do so.

Maybe you and your larger force are amazing and you are being outnumbered, but I doubt if given 1:1 numbers that the outcome would be much different.

Honestly wouldn't be surprised if Balance wasn't sandbagging or giving it their all at this point to make it more interesting for themselves.

BTW I don't play Balance, but when I do play, I do as little as possible for the trinkets... pre-alpha :rolleyes:

Edited by APE

8 hours ago, Jah said:

Um. That isn't even close to true. It's also not even possible with the 100-person cap on the zones.

The whole "everyone is on balance" thing is a total myth. And the current Trial is relatively close in terms of points.

D4ZwEWSX4AEnnqw.png:large

Are you sure zones are still capped at 100? Feels like there’s been more people in the siege fights than past campaigns. Maybe that’s just the slide show effects I get 🤷🏻‍♀️

Doesnt really matter how many numbers there are. When performance is this bad (was playable before this campaign patch) there is no test of skill. Spam skills hope when the next slide appears you’re still by your healer or alive. Literally 10v10 battle in a zone with 20 people has as much lag as the previous campaign with the zone capped and everyone in the tree room.

6 hours ago, APE said:

Maybe you and your larger force are amazing and you are being outnumbered, but I doubt if given 1:1 numbers that the outcome would be much different

There is a way to test/prove this. And there have been arranged battles in past campaigns with more even numbers. It may be considerably more even odds than you think. Be a lot more interesting dueling it out in EKs than the laggy campaigns. 

28 minutes ago, oneply said:

Are you sure zones are still capped at 100? Feels like there’s been more people in the siege fights than past campaigns. Maybe that’s just the slide show effects I get 🤷🏻‍♀️

The devs have said exactly this.  It's a known fact now.  Whether or not one or two more can squeeze in to lag/whatever is inconsequential but, yes, 100 is the max.

10 hours ago, SmokinJoker46290 said:

5.9 is on the test server. No God's Reach or Campaigns available, but you can run around in your EK. I think you're going to be happy, though it remains to be seen how well it performs when there are dozens of people fighting each other.

10 hours ago, SmokinJoker46290 said:

hey Jah, how many active do u have in Winterblades? how many active in HOA? Now compare those numbers to any other factions active player count during siege time. 

your rebuttal about score has absolutely nothing to do with player counts and thus is invalid.

The most HoA has had is 24-26 and that was the first trial, several months ago.  For the trial of Illaria, there's roughly 10-15 and last night there were 11.  I get that your upset but don't let confirmation bias give you some cognitive dissonance in the face of facts.  If you think there were 100 Balance then that means there was nobody else in the zone since the cap is 100 (thats a zone cap, not a faction cap). 

People often struggle with the idea of they or their friends are to blame when they lost but you should take a deep hard look at your own choices before you falsely accuse people of shenanigans and zerging.

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

22 minutes ago, Phr00t said:

This is not productive discussion, take it elsewhere

Yes,  a post with the same five isues complained about for the last five years is the defenition of relevance.  Ill sum up everything in 5 sentences:

Population balance will be an issue in any faction game. Performwnce-while significantly improved from the dumpster fire of 5.5,-is still bad. Guild banks will be added when the guild system is added. Gear durability has and will continue to be in flux. Game systems are coming online as they're ready. Balance and fun don't matter at this poinr; its about getting the systems in game.

Is this more productive bucko? Its only been written 1000s of times I'm sorry I cant be bothered to care about the same five give complaints that have been addressed multiple times over the years.