Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SmokinJoker46290

Questions for the Devs!

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Ltab said:

That's precisely why we left but we didnt just up a leave without saying anything to those who felt the same as us. We brought with those who also wanted to make a difference and do some damage. I guess you're the type who doesnt truly care about his reputation?  I honestly dont care and still hold you in good regards throm. Trash talking is healthy between combatants. 

I just feel your execution in leaving Midnight shown a bad light on you, but I dont condemn you for it! In fact I dont condemn anyone for what they're doing now! Tis the spirit of war and I think this game is going how it should! 

 

All is fair in love and war. ;)

I had been voicing my displeasure for a while. I'm sorry I didn't give you guys 2 weeks notice before I left. I didn't realize I had picked up a 2nd job. Besides who tells their current employer they are searching for a new job somewhere else? I wanted to tell you guys I was leaving when I did but there was no leadership online and the next campaign was starting. Par for the course in MN. I was not going to be stuck in a guild with a roster of 100+ but only 4 - 8 actives a night for another several weeks.

 

Don't mind the trash talking. Its all just pixels.

Edited by Thromdeir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Bazgul said:

GD is Grave Dominion,  Thromdeir enjoyed leveling with you and Haldeir, understand why you left, will meet you on the field and you might crush me, but you'll get an arrow or two or ten. I actually don't know which guild you even joined.

I enjoyed leveling with you guys too. I'm glad you understand why we had to leave. I'll look for you too Bazgul...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Andius said:

GD is a tight group. Those guys wreak havoc in and outside of sieges. Sounds like you dipped out for the wrong group unless making confused faces on the forum is your version of "play to crush"

He plans to win campaigns.  When you have to free build your own assets and don't have a faction to protect you what will GD do then?  You plan on hiding on the faction worlds with less forever? 


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mandalore said:

He plans to win campaigns.  When you have to free build your own assets and don't have a faction to protect you what will GD do then?  You plan on hiding on the faction worlds with less forever? 

I've been thinking about this ever since a small group came to us and wanted to run with Corvus Citadel without actually joining. I think there absolutely is a place in Crowfall for small guilds. Most obviously is the mechanic mentioned early on where a guild could pledge itself to another guild. I'm not sure how that'll actually work, but I look forward to further design discussion. But aside from that, small groups will thrive as sort of mercenaries, hiring their whole group out to help with Dregs or other campaign types. I imagine that if there's a small group that makes a good name for themselves they could probably charge a hefty price, especially if they're very active.


corvus-logo.gif

Corvus Citadel is recruiting!

Come hang out with us on Discord

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh mandy. We are but a young guild. Give us time to grow. You shall someday tremble in those shiny boots to the fearsome might that is... THE GRAVE DOMINION!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, mandalore said:

Something

Hey no apology for the fact you said I asked people to "come through me" and didn't come out and just straight say, "Talk to Order leadership"? It's ok mandalore. Sometimes it takes strength to admit you were wrong.

Edited by Andius

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ltab said:

Oh mandy. We are but a young guild. Give us time to grow. You shall someday tremble in those shiny boots to the fearsome might that is... THE GRAVE DOMINION!!!

I'm a grave digger so I gotta admit I'm not afraid. 


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Thimble said:

 But aside from that, small groups will thrive as sort of mercenaries, hiring their whole group out to help with Dregs or other campaign types.

Without owning assets they won't have competitive gear.  How are mercs going to own assets?

 


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Thimble said:

I've been thinking about this ever since a small group came to us and wanted to run with Corvus Citadel without actually joining. I think there absolutely is a place in Crowfall for small guilds. Most obviously is the mechanic mentioned early on where a guild could pledge itself to another guild. I'm not sure how that'll actually work, but I look forward to further design discussion. But aside from that, small groups will thrive as sort of mercenaries, hiring their whole group out to help with Dregs or other campaign types. I imagine that if there's a small group that makes a good name for themselves they could probably charge a hefty price, especially if they're very active.

I agree with you that there is a place for small guild, especially as mercenaries. I hope they employ a system similar to the one used in Shadowbane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, mandalore said:

Without owning assets they won't have competitive gear.  How are mercs going to own assets?

 

Do you mean like outside of campaigns? I expect that a successful small mercenary group could definitely have assets. They're going to be making money as well as exporting stuff from campaigns just like anyone else. There will also be public marketplaces where they will be able to get anything they want made, I'm sure. So a group with a lot of coin wouldn't necessarily have to have the same level of logistics as a more all-for-one-and-one-for-all big guild would.


corvus-logo.gif

Corvus Citadel is recruiting!

Come hang out with us on Discord

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, mandalore said:

Without owning assets they won't have competitive gear.  How are mercs going to own assets?

 

I expect that they will be able to own something eventually. Something small like a fort which is fitting for a small guild tbh. They wouldn't need anything bigger if they are a small guild. Beginning merc guilds would likely need to accept longer term contracts and live with who they are subbed to.

Edited by Thromdeir

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Thromdeir said:

I expect that they will be able to own something eventually. Something small like a fort which is fitting for a small guild tbh. Beginning merc guilds would likely need to accept longer term contracts and live with who they are subbed to.

Actually, this play style sounds like a ton of fun. If I wasn't super busy I'd probably try it out. I imagine there will be no shortage of applicants, so successful merc groups will be able to pick the best, especially if they establish a good rep early on and keep it. In that way, staying small would actually be an advantage.

Edited by Thimble
Changed "report" to "rep" because my phone thinks it knows what I'm trying to say and is so often wrong.

corvus-logo.gif

Corvus Citadel is recruiting!

Come hang out with us on Discord

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Thimble said:

Actually, this play style sounds like a ton of fun. If I wasn't super busy I'd probably try it out. I imagine there will be no shortage of applicants, so successful merc groups will be able to pick the best, especially if they establish a good rep early on and keep it. In that way, staying small would actually be an advantage.

I also think it will add another layer of depth to the politics of game play. Do these mercs stay loyal? Will this employer betray us? Will these mercs extort more payment when things get bad? Will this employer shortchange us? Should make things interesting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Andius said:

Man, someone seems afraid to face me alone. It's fine, talk to Order leadership and if they put together a team I'm very willing to join it. Can I suggest you send DarthBunBun? I'd very much like to see how I stack up alone against him.

I fought bun bun in a previous trial 1v1, was an ez clap dont expect them to do it again

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
24 minutes ago, Thimble said:

Actually, this play style sounds like a ton of fun. If I wasn't super busy I'd probably try it out. I imagine there will be no shortage of applicants, so successful merc groups will be able to pick the best, especially if they establish a good rep early on and keep it. In that way, staying small would actually be an advantage.

In Sb that never worked, I suspect it wont in CF.  Ifyou're a small merc guild and you get wiped off the map bc you can't defend your assets nor can you build good gear without owning the assets whats the value in your merc guild? 

 

Sub guilds will work but entirely separate merc guilds, eh. 

Edited by mandalore

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, Staff said:

I fought bun bun in a previous trial 1v1, was an ez clap dont expect them to do it again

I have nothing personal against the guy at the moment and don't care to trash talk him. I just know last time I fought him in the open he bumped me off the ledge and I ended up having to recall, not sure if that was intentional, I think he was attempting to set up a neckbreaker. But it seemed to be an interesting fight before that. Seemed to being pretty well for the fact he's one of the stronger players in Balance. I'd very much like to finish it some time. 

Edited by Andius

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Andius said:

I have nothing personal against the guy at the moment and don't care to trash talk him. I just know last time I fought him in the open he bumped me off the ledge and I ended up having to recall, not sure if that was intentional, I think he was attempting to set up a neckbreaker. But it seemed to be an interesting fight before that. Seemed to being pretty well for the fact he's one of the stronger players in Balance. I'd very much like to finish it some time. 

These things are not hard to arrange. Darthbunbun from my experience is willing to set up fights with even odds. Just ask, don’t need leadership to do squat. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So now that we are 12 pages deep are you guys ready to slap backs and pass out some GF's?

I find myself agreeing with Jah on many of these points and think that far too many people take the opinion or one person and apply it as some kind of universal faction wide belief. The amount of of e-peening and chest thumping rivals old shadowbane forums. Do you repeat posters need some validation? Ok. Here let me soothe your rage.

W and HoA are superior to the order alliance. Better organized, better geared, better class comps. They are playing the game to the fullest , have every advantage, and deserve to win campaigns.

There ya go, can we move beyond this now?

I think this game is far more enjoyable when you can log in and play without feeling like you have to defend you or your guilds honor in the court of public opinion here on the forums. This is pre-alpha after all. I wouldn't expect a fair fight out of anyone that offered it anyway. Isn't that part of play to crush? I always assume we are walking into the worst scenario possible and plan for it. Lots of people expect others to fight honorably despite all odds when they would never hold themselves to the same standards.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Andius said:

See here is the thing. I made the claim that Order is better than Balance man for man. Which is true number counts at fights confirm we're winning many fights heavily outnumbered.

LOLLLL! Sorry this made me laugh... let me set you straight with a couple easy to understand points...

1. Uhhh no effin way. 

2. Lrn2count. You're OUTNUMBERING, not outnumbered.

 

You just lack your factions namesake as a core.

Edited by Allinavi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...