Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SmokinJoker46290

Questions for the Devs!

12 hours ago, Ble said:

Watching this, what I see is that HoA stayed together as a tight group engaging loose knots of Order, quickly overwhelming them, and moving on to the next small group without pause.

At any given time order was greatly outnumbered at the point of contact because their troops were widely scattered, while HoA stayed tight. Total troops on the field, order was the larger force, but they lacked cohesion.

@Andius those huge upsets you keep taking about were white vessels, no discs, no gear cept maybe intermediate.

So since you don’t seem able to understand please let me explain:

1) a SINGLE shot from ballista would 100% kill an attacker.  No healing could save them with 4900 hp, not even ult.

2) 1-2 shots or 1 shot and a poison dot from a guard would kill an attacker.

3) being thrown from the ramparts was 100% death or retreat, due to point 2.

The following day I took out half of Chaos’ force with a single ballista shot... the rest of them running away half health.

I’m not trying to detract from your defense.  You guys won the day and we’ll done using everything at your disposal to win.  But the fact that you a) keep bringing it up and b) seem to back up your entire position with said battle, I figure some context is applicable... being that you are such a crusader for truth and purity of information.

22 minutes ago, Ble said:

@Andius those huge upsets you keep taking about were white vessels, no discs, no gear cept maybe intermediate.

Yep, the guards and ballistas were nasty against intermediate armor.

IhhQKY6.gif

Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, Ble said:

Even I am better geared than that and you guys keep saying your gatherers and crafters are busting their butts 100% of the time. Check the video series in my signature, I put myself in full intermediates within the first hour of filming, and I was 1 campaign into the game making that series. I also contributed the mats I used in building many of the siege in question, with support for many more siege engines from other Order contributors. I was in full white advanced gear, had been for days infact I think I was on my 2nd set by then, and had contributed the resources to build many of the siege engines you keep discussing. 

If you're going to claim no-gear / intermediates as the reason for that upset, I'm going to counter with, this.

Would you accept that as a valid excuse for losing from Order? 

If we were all running super good gear I would get it. Gear is a valid counter sometimes. But why weren't you all in at least full advanced armor and weapons that far into this campaign?

Also, not to be too mean to Chaos. But not even Order really brags about our victories against them. They just aren't operating at the same level as either of us this campaign. That's not even meant to insult you guys on Chaos, I'm sure you're busy IRL or something or your leaders are busy or something. It's just the reality of things right now.

Edited by Andius

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

19 minutes ago, Andius said:

Even I am better geared than that and you guys keep saying your gatherers and crafters are busting their butts 100% of the time. Check the video series in my signature, I put myself in full intermediates within the first hour of filming, and I was 1 campaign into the game making that series. I also contributed the mats I used in building many of the siege in question, with support for many more siege engines from other Order contributors. I was in full white advanced gear, had been for days infact I think I was on my 2nd set by then, and had contributed the resources to build many of the siege engines you keep discussing. 

If you're going to claim no-gear / intermediates as the reason for that upset, I'm going to counter with, this.

If we were all running super good gear I would get it. Gear is a valid counter sometimes. But why weren't you all in at least full advanced armor and weapons that far into this campaign?

Also, not to be too mean to Chaos. But not even Order really brags about our victories against them. They just aren't operating at the same level as either of us this campaign. That's not even meant to insult you guys on Chaos, I'm sure you're busy IRL or something or your leaders are busy or something. It's just the reality of things right now.

I dont have gear :c

15 minutes ago, Andius said:

Even I am better geared than that now and you guys keep saying your gatherers and crafters are busting their butts 100% of the time but didn't have blues and purps for everyone on day 3. Check the video series in my epeen collection, I put myself in full intermediates within the first hour of filming, and I was 1 campaign into the game making that series aren't I "teh greetest eva". I also contributed the mats I used in building many of the siege in question, with support for many more siege engines from other Order contributors. I was in full white advanced gear, had been for days infact I think I was on my 2nd set by then, and had contributed the resources to build many of the siege engines you keep discussing. 

If you're going to claim no-gear / intermediates as the reason for losing to the crap load of siege engines I bragged about earlier in my post I'm going to counter with, this.

If we were all running super good gear I would get it. Gear is a valid counter sometimes. But why weren't you all in at least full advanced armor and weapons in the first few days of the campaign?

Also, to be a complete hooligan to Chaos. But not even Order really brags about our victories against them except when we do. They just aren't as awesome as us who are desperate to be as cool as Balance this campaign. This will insult you guys on Chaos, I'm sure you're busy IRL or something or your leaders don't care or something. Git Gud.

Fixed that for you.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, VaMei said:

Watching this, what I see is that HoA stayed together as a tight group engaging loose knots of Order, quickly overwhelming them, and moving on to the next small group without pause.

At any given time order was greatly outnumbered at the point of contact because their troops were widely scattered, while HoA stayed tight. Total troops on the field, order was the larger force, but they lacked cohesion.

It was a last ditch effort by Order to bust into the keep and burn the tree before they knew what hit them. It worked earlier in the night, we were able to capture one keep (by abandoning another) despite having a lot less total numbers at our disposal. We had a pretty poor turnout numbers wise last night so we were lucky to come away with 1 keep. 

This was the last keep of the night so it was a hail mary. Typically what happens is for the first part of the night Balance splits its force in half and goes to 2 of the 3 keeps. This is when we (Order) end up getting some pretty good fights against about half of their total force. The last keep of the night is where the total Balance force joins together in one zone and lately has been around 2x the size of the Order force. Last night the zone was capped at the time the fight in the video took place. Look at the numbers we had in that fight, look at the numbers that attacked us, and look at how fast those bane trees are going down and do the math. 

I suppose we could just not show up to the last siege of the night and avoid getting zerged but where's the fun in that? We've had to get creative to deal with the numbers disparity each night but at least we didn't just pack it in like Chaos did. These 3 faction campaigns are a lot more interesting when there's 3 factions actively participating. 

As far as being split, yeah we were and they took advantage. Kudos to them. We were trying to take a wall down and get inside to attack the tree before the bane trees went down. So we had some people in catapults near the walls and others at trebs. Had we just turtled at a bane tree we would've surely faced a combined force of overwhelming numbers. 

Edited by blazzen

@Thromdeir - I absolutely was in a full set of whites + green vessel that siege and nowhere did I attack you guys for not being in blues and purples. The counter given was you had a ton of nakeds / intermediate wearers. TRA had the vast majority of our playerbase in white advanced gear within the first couple days, and I haven't shown up to any siege naked the entire campaign. Heck, in any campaign actually.

Stop strawmanning and address the points I'm actually making. Why can't you get all your people into whites on day 11 if you are better organized than us?

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

1 hour ago, Ble said:

He is also talking about the 420 siege on Thracia as documented by Monchiez. 5 days ago.

Did I hear y’all are dropping tons of  siege equipment😮!?! Time to get back to siege weapon demo duty 😁

17 minutes ago, Chroma said:

He is also talking about the 420 siege on Thracia as documented by Monchiez. 5 days ago.

Oh, I thought he was talking about earlier in the campaign.

It was a good fight. Order did well. It's not the overwhelming numbers situation Andius pretends it is, though.

IhhQKY6.gif

Posted (edited)

Order has 25 to 30 people on a good siege night.  Not sure if your trolling or delusional, but balance severely outnumbers order by the final keep fight.  The first keep fights of the night are often even numbered though as long as one isn't zerged.

Edited by Jecht

34 minutes ago, Ltab said:

Yikes throm. Going for the biggest troll award? 

I'll veto it when it comes before the united troll king board. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

6 hours ago, Angelmar said:

Who is Andius, again? His tears apparently garnered a 13 page thread.

As chroma pointed out, he doesn't speak for Order. He is just the Transcendence lead Diplomat and @Nueby's spokesperson?  Perhaps this is just Nueby showing off TRA's new culture.

Surprised this thread is still going.

I am here you called? I am no board warrior and @Andius does not speak for the whole of TRA or the whole of order. This thread needs to die. I am not going to feed it anymore and no one should honestly.   

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, Jecht said:

Order has 25 to 30 people on a good siege night.  Not sure if your trolling or delusional, but balance severely outnumbers order by the final keep fight.  The first keep fights of the night are often even numbered though as long as one isn't zerged.

Just put it on loop, doesnt get old till about 5 mins.

Edited by Ble

26 minutes ago, Nueby said:

I am here you called? I am no board warrior and @Andius does not speak for the whole of TRA or the whole of order. This thread needs to die. I am not going to feed it anymore and no one should honestly.   

It would have had he decided not to slander the entire balance faction and pronounce himself the greatest of all time.  

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

I'm interested to see who is on this board of trolls. I assume most of balance? Maybe a few of the other old vets? 

I also believe it is more less a cave than some "Board".

3 minutes ago, Ltab said:

I'm interested to see who is on this board of trolls. I assume most of balance? Maybe a few of the other old vets? 

I also believe it is more less a cave than some "Board".

I’m the only balance member I know of on the council.  Tark is UxA so he’s Chaos.  Zombie is a mino and order champion.  Destrin is Sugoi, who is chaos I believe but he’s awol and I suspect he’s been murdered by another troll.  Srathor is an Elder on the council. Marth is my troll apprentice but doesn’t sit on the council yet.  

wiDfyPp.png