Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SmokinJoker46290

Questions for the Devs!

1 hour ago, mandalore said:

I’m the only balance member I know of on the council.  Tark is UxA so he’s Chaos.  Zombie is a mino and order champion.  Destrin is Sugoi, who is chaos I believe but he’s awol and I suspect he’s been murdered by another troll.  Srathor is an Elder on the council. Marth is my troll apprentice but doesn’t sit on the council yet.  

damn, cant believe im not on the board, i will eat zombie and consume his power as my mino heritage demands

hoayaga2.jpg

32 minutes ago, Staff said:

damn, cant believe im not on the board, i will eat zombie and consume his power as my mino heritage demands

I will put a petition before they council to add you to it.  

In all seriousness though, this thread only got out of control because somebody wanted to use it as an opportunity to humble brag about winning a few fights and then claim their opponent was being a scoundrel.  

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

20 hours ago, mandalore said:

It would have had he decided not to slander the entire balance faction and pronounce himself the greatest of all time.  

I praised Order as a faction. Any self-glorification was mainly just projected by you guys on to me. But feel free to dig through literally every single post I've made in this thread and cite as many examples as you can. I think you'll be a bit strained to find anything other than where I said I've been a major contributor to Order's siege equipment stock.

My first post was on page 4. Four pages into the debate that's continued up to page 15 and had already been posted in by some of those saying this topic is about me. This topic isn't about me, my argument is not about me, but just like you can see with how Jecht makes a point that's on-topic and is immediately met with a personal attack that's completely irrelevant to the topic at hand, BALANCE wants this to make me the focus of this debate because Balance is losing this debate when it comes down to the actual substance of the argument. So Balance is having to strawman arguments about how I'm pronouncing myself "the greatest of all time".

Anyway, I will back out because Neuby asked. Maybe @soulein & @Angelmar should make even half an attempt to control their own member's trolling though before they go running around griping that people are speaking their mind. If you exercised half as much control over your own members as you seem to want others to, the forums would be downright civil.

Edit: As you can see in the responses they cut the "I praised Order as a faction" from their quote then posted an example of me praising Order as a faction. Point proven. This isn't about me. I've already said there are many in Order who deserve a lot more credit for our victories than myself and that my own part has been fairly minor. I just said Order is better man-for-man, stand by it, and you guys can't handle that.

Edited by Andius

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

7 hours ago, Ble said:

Just put it on loop, doesnt get old till about 5 mins.

Funny thing is all you did was what I was going to do myself to not get swarmed by the balance. Why do you think I ran to the cliff.....  But I guess my name is pretty fitting for it so still funny.

6 hours ago, Andius said:

Any self-glorification was mainly just projected by you guys on to me. But feel free to dig through literally every single post I've made in this thread and cite as many examples as you can.

On 4/22/2019 at 2:16 PM, Andius said:

Order is facing an incredible uphill battle in terms of numbers, proving they are the most elite fighting force in the game man for man, and winning major upset victory after major upset victory before balance can bring their entire zerg together to finally push us back.

IhhQKY6.gif

I think my biggest disappointment is the lack of chaos.  Even if one side is more heavily populated a three faction game can make that much more bearable even down right fun.

aside from veeshan and his group I haven’t seen to much chaos and that’s sad panda.

10 hours ago, Andius said:

I praised Order as a faction. Any self-glorification was mainly just projected by you guys on to me. But feel free to dig through literally every single post I've made in this thread and cite as many examples as you can. I think you'll be a bit strained to find anything other than where I said I've been a major contributor to Order's siege equipment stock.

My first post was on page 4. Four pages into the debate that's continued up to page 15 and had already been posted in by some of those saying this topic is about me. This topic isn't about me, my argument is not about me, but just like you can see with how Jecht makes a point that's on-topic and is immediately met with a personal attack that's completely irrelevant to the topic at hand, BALANCE wants this to make me the focus of this debate because Balance is losing this debate when it comes down to the actual substance of the argument. So Balance is having to strawman arguments about how I'm pronouncing myself "the greatest of all time".

Anyway, I will back out because Neuby asked. Maybe @soulein & @Angelmar should make even half an attempt to control their own member's trolling though before they go running around griping that people are speaking their mind. If you exercised half as much control over your own members as you seem to want others to, the forums would be downright civil.

You make this about you by running your mouth saying garbage like "Order is facing an incredible uphill battle in terms of numbers, proving they are the most elite fighting force in the game man for man, and winning major upset victory after major upset victory before balance can bring their entire zerg together to finally push us back."

If you don't want to be laughed at then stop making laughable claims. 

9 minutes ago, Thromdeir said:

You make this about you by running your mouth saying garbage like "Order is facing an incredible uphill battle in terms of numbers, proving they are the most elite fighting force in the game man for man, and winning major upset victory after major upset victory before balance can bring their entire zerg together to finally push us back."

If you don't want to be laughed at then stop making laughable claims. 

...while completely ignoring the video that shows the direct opposite.

4 hours ago, Zintair said:

I think my biggest disappointment is the lack of chaos.  Even if one side is more heavily populated a three faction game can make that much more bearable even down right fun.

aside from veeshan and his group I haven’t seen to much chaos and that’s sad panda.

Well there was like 5 Order last CW, the more organized Chaos guilds moved over, so just squint your eyes when you see order and pretend its grey shields.  P much the same.

7 hours ago, Jecht said:

Funny thing is all you did was what I was going to do myself to not get swarmed by the balance. Why do you think I ran to the cliff.....  But I guess my name is pretty fitting for it so still funny.

Whatever you need to tell yourself to sleep at night.

5 hours ago, Jah said:

Order is facing an incredible uphill battle in terms of numbers, proving they are the most elite fighting force in the game man for man, and winning major upset victory after major upset victory before balance can bring their entire zerg together to finally push us back.

Blazzen wrapped that up about a hundred pages ago when he was kind enough to generate lists of people from a siege video. There is no contesting the numbers comment. Balance can always bring more when it counts. It doesn't diminish your skills, abilities, or accomplishments. Hey balance is winning wooooowooo.

Just own it already.

You troll squad neophites need to back it up a step and take some cleansing breaths, get a snack, maybe do some ergo stretching because this is silly. Of course he thinks order is the most elite fighting force in the game, that's an opinion. We are certainly the best looking. How fragile is your ego?

Major upset after major upset? Well no not really but we have had a few mighty duck moments, enough to keep people busy having fun which was the goal we set when we left our home faction of I dont even know how many years to kickstart Order again. It was a great move btw and hey, you're all welcome.

Unless you want to go back to zone locking and showing up two hours early for siege every night? Yeah naw? Didn't think so. 

So here's my question for the devs:

Player behavior indicates that winning is more rewarding than the actual rewards and reward scarcity isn't working.  Do you believe that this will continue to be a problem at scale and what other measures are you prepared to take in order to promote a healthy population and competition?

12 minutes ago, Chroma said:

Blazzen wrapped that up about a hundred pages ago when he was kind enough to generate lists of people from a siege video. There is no contesting the numbers comment. Balance can always bring more when it counts. It doesn't diminish your skills, abilities, or accomplishments. Hey balance is winning wooooowooo.

Just own it already.

You troll squad neophites need to back it up a step and take some cleansing breaths, get a snack, maybe do some ergo stretching because this is silly. Of course he thinks order is the most elite fighting force in the game, that's an opinion. We are certainly the best looking. How fragile is your ego?

Major upset after major upset? Well no not really but we have had a few mighty duck moments, enough to keep people busy having fun which was the goal we set when we left our home faction of I dont even know how many years to kickstart Order again. It was a great move btw and hey, you're all welcome.

Unless you want to go back to zone locking and showing up two hours early for siege every night? Yeah naw? Didn't think so. 

Player behavior indicates that winning is more rewarding than the actual rewards and reward scarcity isn't working.  Do you believe that this will continue to be a problem at scale and what other measures are you prepared to take in order to promote a healthy population and competition?

Who's getting bent out of shape now? I'm having a great time. This is the most of a fight I've gotten out of Order all week and I'm just trying to pass the time while I'm at work.

"

"

Now this is an interesting question. One I would like to get an answer to as well. 

At any point that winning is not the absolute primary objective, I’m outa here.  I play for wins.  That’s it.  Not baubles or titles. (For example:  it’s quite common in SWTOR for the best geared players to ignore wins and focus on amount of dmg done, kills etc, no thanks).

The foremost goal of competition is to emerge the victor.  

I don't see how that can ever “continue to be a problem”.  To me “healthy population” sounds like the everyone-gets-a-blue-participation-ribbon mentality.  That being said, I’m all for them constantly making changes to the structure of the game, rules and balancing (all balance, not just combat) to keep the meta spicy and counter the zerg (example: recapture bonus).

Edited by Ble

Nobody is bent out of shape, trolly McJunior. I'm having more fun than you are. Being fourth the replies.

Ble, you dont see the current population spread as a problem. Got it, say no more.

I do have a questionable mentality but it doesnt include participation ribbons. Healthy population could only mean one thing and that's pretty clear.

Edited by Chroma