Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SmokinJoker46290

Questions for the Devs!

17 hours ago, Jah said:

Um. That isn't even close to true. It's also not even possible with the 100-person cap on the zones.

The whole "everyone is on balance" thing is a total myth. And the current Trial is relatively close in terms of points.

D4ZwEWSX4AEnnqw.png:large

I believe Chaos had a pretty significant lead in the early campaign, and Balance has only just taken over.
Order and Chaos clearly have the capacity, and this campaign is probably the closest it's been so far.

231e101d88.jpg

6 hours ago, Duffy said:

Based on my coordination chat with Order last night and the head count we did when the zone capped the organized Order and Chaos forces combined were floating somewhere between 40-50 people...

The keep Order took was captured by a lone player jumping the wall and wailing on the tree for 15 mins and did not represent a commitment of anyone’s forces.

2 hours ago, Duffy said:

I admitted it was possible but it didn’t seem to match other info. I’m also well aware of how futile this discussion is. If your numbers are right then there was an unaccounted for 20+ players active in a siege zone that no one can find... 

That’s how you lose keeps to a solo player 😛

Scarlett outfoxed the Big Bad Balance Zerg, and everyone else, taking a keep by her lonesome.

Proving definitively that total combatant numbers mean nothing. Recognizing a weakness, exploiting that weakness, thereby making herself a force multiplier for Order Faction.

One would be well advised to note it and take heed. Instead of believing the propaganda about Balance having this many, or that many.

You brought her up twice but still missed the pertinent lesson😛

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, corvax said:

Scarlett outfoxed the Big Bad Balance Zerg, and everyone else, taking a keep by her lonesome.

Proving definitively that total combatant numbers mean nothing. Recognizing a weakness, exploiting that weakness, thereby making herself a force multiplier for Order Faction.

One would be well advised to note it and take heed. Instead of believing the propaganda about Balance having this many, or that many.

You brought her up twice but still missed the pertinent lesson😛

And by outfox you mean took advantage of the Order/Chaos agreement that was widely announced in Order command last night (which we knew was a risk) and thus insured we never trust Order again. But sure, play it up like it was some impressive maneuver...

Edited by Duffy

lPoLZtm.png

1 minute ago, Duffy said:

And by outfox you mean took advantage of the Order/Chaos agreement that was widely announced in Order command last night (which we knew was a risk) and thus insured we never trust Order again. But sure, play it up like it was some impressive maneuver...

Lots of interesting information here.

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, SmokinJoker46290 said:

I think this post got blown out of proportion and off topic from the OP.  Everyone seems to want to argue the numbers instead of the questions that were asked.  

You could have avoided that by not starting your thread with a false claim about current faction numbers. It wasn't necessary to make the point that there is no system to balance the factions and there probably should be.

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

5 hours ago, Duffy said:

I'd be very interested to know about some supposed agreement. Not a single word about such a supposed thing has been shared in the factional Discord that I can find; not that any specific individual or guild is bound to what any other guild or individual has agreed upon. So I'm curious what's given you the impression that there was some manner of non-aggression. 

5 hours ago, Duffy said:

Can i get into this order command discord please? Apparently the "Faction leader" role does not qualify me for such high security meetings

7 hours ago, SmokinJoker46290 said:

I think this post got blown out of proportion and off topic from the OP.  Everyone seems to want to argue the numbers instead of the questions that were asked.  

It’s the continuum fallacy Ghandi. If you argue what the “exact” numbers are you take the spot light away from what the real issue is. Which is a “winning” faction will draw more players and guilds to it until it breaks the game.

superior number has a much greater benefit than simply the amount of players you can field for a siege. No one seems to want to address that.

Funny story. We were only able to field a small group last night for the siege. All but 2 of us were forced to leave the zone, but when we attempted to come back we were loaded into que. zone was player capped with only 2 people that we can definitely say were Chaos.

4 hours ago, ZombieGandhi said:

I'd be very interested to know about some supposed agreement. Not a single word about such a supposed thing has been shared in the factional Discord that I can find; not that any specific individual or guild is bound to what any other guild or individual has agreed upon. So I'm curious what's given you the impression that there was some manner of non-aggression. 

What race and profession is Scarlet?

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Dakoth said:

What race and profession is Scarlet?

Wood elf archer ranger 

Edited by mandalore

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

On 4/18/2019 at 5:48 AM, oneply said:

There is a way to test/prove this. And there have been arranged battles in past campaigns with more even numbers. It may be considerably more even odds than you think. Be a lot more interesting dueling it out in EKs than the laggy campaigns. 

I'd liked to see Arena (Hunger Dome) options come some day as they've already shown they can do it. However, this is an open world game without any guild/factions limits so far. If one side has more and uses them well, good for them. Obviously zone caps and performance issues don't help, but once those are improved, we can hopefully see some more interesting battles and strategies. We are several trials/campaigns in with fairly similar results with populations going up and down on each side. Numbers play into things as they should, but I don't believe they are THE deciding factor all the time. This isn't a game for those looking for a structured "fair" setup. ACE could offer that within this game, but there are tons of other (better) options out there for this. If it was 49 vs 51 we'd probably still see people complaining about zerging...

On 4/18/2019 at 8:26 AM, SmokinJoker46290 said:

This is exactly one of the problems here. If the community has addressed these issues "MULTIPLE TIMES OVER THE YEARS"  then why are they still an issue to this day? it wouldn't be hard to make temporary craftable boxes for EK's to use as a guild bank for now. Or at the very least do a performance tweak so we dont have mass disconnects and broken games during siege times instead of adding more stuff that's broken.  If these 5 problems have been a PROBLEM for years now then what is the point of us testing and voicing our opinions just to be givin half ass excuses. 

How do you know what is hard or not for them? If they had made zero progress and added nothing for years it would be a big problem, but they continue to add and update through development. 5.9 looks like it is already full to the top with new bugs and problems. It's the dead horse, but if you can't deal with it, come back when it's closer to release which is likely a long ways off. What we individual or as a whole want fixed asap might just not be a priority when it comes to other issues and changes they are dealing with.

Problem I see is some fans treat this like a finished product and ACE providing launch rewards isn't helping. Wish it was more structured testing instead of "go play and tell us what doesn't work" but is what it is. Some things are simply going to be broken for long time. IMO the "known issues" list should be much much longer and be pinned at the top of every forum. At least then people could stop reporting/focusing on the same things.

12 hours ago, SmokinJoker46290 said:

Population is something we can see and have some control over. As such, people use it as reasoning as to why one side is winning or not. Beyond that, others issues we are at the mercy of devs to address at some point.

50 minutes ago, APE said:

I'd liked to see Arena (Hunger Dome) options come some day as they've already shown they can do it.

All the tools are already at our disposal. 

While I’m a fan of arenas in a game it’s mostly done wrong. It should be in the open world, should require you to travel to it (no direct port), and be protected by guards that only attack players attacking each other outside the arena. However guards should be killable but respawn without players money. Players/teams would have to pay to enter the competition. Payout would go to top 3 players/teams. Would create interesting battles in, around, and on the way. But never ever ever queue and city in the city arenas. That ruins games. 

13 minutes ago, oneply said:

All the tools are already at our disposal. 

While I’m a fan of arenas in a game it’s mostly done wrong. It should be in the open world, should require you to travel to it (no direct port), and be protected by guards that only attack players attacking each other outside the arena. However guards should be killable but respawn without players money. Players/teams would have to pay to enter the competition. Payout would go to top 3 players/teams. Would create interesting battles in, around, and on the way. But never ever ever queue and city in the city arenas. That ruins games. 

Should be able to do something like this in EKs. Open world games are a large arena, no need for dueling or any rule heavy format within. 

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, APE said:

Should be able to do something like this in EKs. Open world games are a large arena, no need for dueling or any rule heavy format within. 

The fun apart about it being apart of the world is ganking people on their way. Moving it to an ek is the same issue so many other PvP mmos shot themselves in the foot with when battlegrounds became a thing. 

current format we can do the eks ourselves, which is what I was alluding to. 

Edited by oneply

18 hours ago, Duffy said:

In the future, please run your Chaos/Order agreements through me first, and I can save you time and effort on how the next agreement will work out for ya 😁

And yes ignoring, breaking, and circumventing agreements/truces/NAP's that cannot be enforced, is the oldest ruse in the book. In simpler terms 'outfoxed'

You can learn something by understanding the circumstances of the entire engagement including how Scarlett solo capped a keep. Or you can continue to build straw men about numbers and believe your own propaganda.

Fact is fact, Scarlett took a keep as a single player and that has ramifications larger than who is grinding who down with numbers. It really was quite elegant how she has been setting up the Knock out punch for weeks, I'd go into more detail, but it's obvious I have lost your interest.

Thanks for your reply.