Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SmokinJoker46290

Questions for the Devs!

Posted (edited)

Will the Myrmadon get any attention?  bleeds dont stack as individual abilities. having 2 Myrmadons on 1 target makes only 1 of them able to stack their bleeds and get the bonus from it. also if any champion uses rend to apply a severe bleed than the Myrmadons bleeds go away. whirlwind doesn't want to proc its damage sometimes forcing me to cancel the action and re-cast the ability.  Is this working as intended or just an oversight?? 

Inconceivable for the duelist seems to work when it wants to. I have to activate the ability about 3-4 times before it wants to work and give the buffs. Redirect pain is the same way. seems not to work sometimes but still put the ability on cool-down. 

Is teleportation thru walls intentional? What about centaurs champions being able to jump onto flags by the keep gates and then leap right over the walls? 

Edited by SmokinJoker46290

1 hour ago, corvax said:

In the future, please run your Chaos/Order agreements through me first, and I can save you time and effort on how the next agreement will work out for ya 😁

And yes ignoring, breaking, and circumventing agreements/truces/NAP's that cannot be enforced, is the oldest ruse in the book. In simpler terms 'outfoxed'

You can learn something by understanding the circumstances of the entire engagement including how Scarlett solo capped a keep. Or you can continue to build straw men about numbers and believe your own propaganda.

Fact is fact, Scarlett took a keep as a single player and that has ramifications larger than who is grinding who down with numbers. It really was quite elegant how she has been setting up the Knock out punch for weeks, I'd go into more detail, but it's obvious I have lost your interest.

Thanks for your reply.

no one on order was told, i guess whoever set it up didnt care, dunno why they thought we'd agree to one though, the only thing chaos is entitled to from me is a stern bottom beating, also scarlett is actually maeve in disguise, how else would someone single-handedly win the war

hoayaga2.jpg

Posted (edited)
On 4/18/2019 at 4:57 PM, corvax said:

Scarlett outfoxed the Big Bad Balance Zerg, and everyone else, taking a keep by her lonesome.

Proving definitively that total combatant numbers mean nothing. Recognizing a weakness, exploiting that weakness, thereby making herself a force multiplier for Order Faction.

One would be well advised to note it and take heed. Instead of believing the propaganda about Balance having this many, or that many.

You brought her up twice but still missed the pertinent lesson😛

Total combatant numbers are not the only determining factor in victory. This is why Order has prevailed against a force that minorly to majorly outnumbers it for three nights in a row. Even though Balance tried to claim we didn't outnumber them, those who filmed the fights and counted numbers have confirmed they did. Scarlet's tactics are also clever for sure and they've greatly assisted our cause. This is all is true.

To say numbers mean nothing is nonsense and you know it. We may be better man for man, but we still lose the fights where you guys cap a zone or nearly cap a zone. Infact the closest major engagement at sieges you guys have won all campaign is when HoA + extras defended the balance keep at 61% on the ToL (Of course we completely shut them down well before 61% when they pushed our ToL without W the night before).

At this point, I'm not even salty. You guys are refining the metal Order is forged from into damascus. This campaign has been the most fun of the three I've participated in. I'm sure you'll whip more people into standing on points and win the campaign now that it's approaching fall/winter (Lol at Jah's post pretending factions are even just because you weren't prioritizing caps in spring) but you can't really expect a smaller force to put in the hours of circle standing it takes to win when faction victories achieve practically nothing at this point.

Just understand the narrative and don't try to obscure the facts anyone can verify if they count numbers at these fights. Order is facing an incredible uphill battle in terms of numbers, proving they are the most elite fighting force in the game man for man, and winning major upset victory after major upset victory before balance can bring their entire zerg together to finally push us back.

People who want to be getting better, and becoming stronger players, Order is an incredible place to be right now. If you want to hide behind numbers while saying they mean nothing, and letting your skills decay as you grow sick with complacency, but brag about faction wins whether or not you even log in to the game, I'd suggest Balance.

Edited by Andius

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

I don’t understand why you are glorifying an exploit by scarlet. nothing miraculous or special about it. Order has been pretty abusive with the exploits involving getting into keeps lately. But keep patting yourselves on the back. 

27 minutes ago, oneply said:

I don’t understand why you are glorifying an exploit by scarlet. nothing miraculous or special about it. Order has been pretty abusive with the exploits involving getting into keeps lately. But keep patting yourselves on the back. 

Certain classes getting in and out of fortifications is really just a part of the meta as of the current build, and one I honestly don't see why they should change. The classes that can hop in and out of forts and keeps are missing many of the most effective classes for tree/throne room fights making it an easily countered tactic. The fact they failed to counter it two nights in a row is freaking hilarious IMO.

4 minutes ago, Andius said:

Certain classes getting in and out of fortifications is really just a part of the meta as of the current build, and one I honestly don't see why they should change. The classes that can hop in and out of forts and keeps are missing many of the most effective classes for tree/throne room fights making it an easily countered tactic. The fact they failed to counter it two nights in a row is freaking hilarious IMO.

More than one exploit being abused. While I personally don’t have an issue with the tunnel or blink, it has been stated as unintentional from my knowledge. But the log in/out trick and climbing the walls with centaurs is lame. Personally feel that if you’re outside your temple your life should be at risk. Exploits have nothing to do with feelings tho. 

2 minutes ago, oneply said:

More than one exploit being abused. While I personally don’t have an issue with the tunnel or blink, it has been stated as unintentional from my knowledge. But the log in/out trick and climbing the walls with centaurs is lame. Personally feel that if you’re outside your temple your life should be at risk. Exploits have nothing to do with feelings tho. 

Tunnel is an intentional mechanic they have no intention of changing as far as I'm aware. The skill has no utility outside getting in and out of fortifications and it's duelist only. Blink I've heard is not intended, as well as fey jump tricks. But I think they should consider leaving them in. Fey and Wood-Elves can only play druids, rangers, assassins and frost weavers. They make total sense as races that would be used in spec ops teams to quickly take points, and if you add them to duelist as options you have a selection of spec op race/classes that is woefully lacking in tank options and therefore quite bad if contested (Unless maybe FW have a really good tank spec? Still a disadvantage anyway unless that spec is super OP.)

Everything else should probably go, especially really glitchy things like log out tricks.

I think the fort window changes are really going to nerf these kind of tactics anyway, but still leave them relevant enough to be worth using sometimes. I also think that if they were to make guards respawn until a fort gets flipped and then all go away, that these tactics wouldn't be nearly as broken.

It's a bit broken in the current model of the game, but until ArtCraft ask people not to do it, a valid tactic I applaud Scarlett's usage of.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Andius said:

Tunnel is an intentional mechanic they have no intention of changing as far as I'm aware. The skill has no utility outside getting in and out of fortifications and it's duelist only. Blink I've heard is not intended, as well as fey jump tricks. But I think they should consider leaving them in. Fey and Wood-Elves can only play druids, rangers, assassins and frost weavers. They make total sense as races that would be used in spec ops teams to quickly take points, and if you add them to duelist as options you have a selection of spec op race/classes that is woefully lacking in tank options and therefore quite bad if contested (Unless maybe FW have a really good tank spec? Still a disadvantage anyway unless that spec is super OP.)

Everything else should probably go, especially really glitchy things like log out tricks.

I think the fort window changes are really going to nerf these kind of tactics anyway, but still leave them relevant enough to be worth using sometimes. I also think that if they were to make guards respawn until a fort gets flipped and then all go away, that these tactics wouldn't be nearly as broken.

It's a bit broken in the current model of the game, but until ArtCraft ask people not to do it, a valid tactic I applaud Scarlett's usage of.

The only intended ways to get through a wall without actually breaking it down is the hamster burrow or a glide from altitude on a Fae.

Any jump, dodge, teleport, blink or other is an exploit that should be reported and then if you’re feeling like a poorly made socks lord used until the fix it.   

Bragging about exploiting and winning is about the most Tanya Harding hogwash maneuver you can do btw.  I bet you’re a Hanzo main in over watch or Yi in league.

Edited by mandalore

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

I'm hesitant to step into a conversation that's gone away from OPs intended point(s), but I've nothing better to do with my time, so I might as well. There are several hard counters to the most recently brought up issues: solo tree blapping, guard farming, and crafting safety.

1.) Soloing the Tree of Life.

In the back-to-back times Sophia was able to dunk on the Tree of Life, there was not literally one person there to defend. All it would have taken was a single person to sound the alarm, and those keeps would have been held.

2.) Guard farmin'

Only plop down your guards when it's siege time, and expect them to be beaten up. Not a great solution, considering how time consuming gold might be to get, but is still a solution I think all factions at this point are doing.

3.) Keep crafting safety

Keeps have never been a safe place to craft. They've only ever been safer. If you have some half-way shiny things you need made, then do as we used to do when ZeFx and Co would reign their terror upon our keep: bring friends and defend your crafters.  

I'm not trying to argue for or against what may or may not be an exploit--a word often thrown around, and has seemed to lose its weight. Simply providing some answers that have in the past worked, and I see no reason why they would not work now. 

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, mandalore said:

The only intended ways to get through a wall without actually breaking it down is the hamster burrow or a glide from altitude on a Fae.

Any jump, dodge, teleport, blink or other is an exploit that should be reported and then if you’re feeling like a poorly made socks lord used until the fix it.   

Bragging about exploiting and winning is about the most Tanya Harding hogwash maneuver you can do btw.  I bet you’re a Hanzo main in over watch or Yi in league.

1. Sophia could have just as easily used a duelist to get under the wall and then kill your undefended tree as she did a ranger. The determining factor in her success was your faction's tactical oversights. Stop making excuses and accept that you lost to the same easily counterable tactic twice in a row.

2. All mains are crap and people who can't flex are terrible as a rule. But my most played characters last season I played were Bridgette and Rien. Hanzo is a nice Bastion counter though. Pretty high skillcap character TBH. I respect people who can play him well. Not my first choice as anything but a counterpick. 

Edited by Andius

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, ZombieGandhi said:

1.) Soloing the Tree of Life.

In the back-to-back times Sophia was able to dunk on the Tree of Life, there was not literally one person there to defend. All it would have taken was a single person to sound the alarm, and those keeps would have been held.

Yep, it is not a big surprise that a totally undefended keep would get captured.

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

46 minutes ago, Andius said:

1. Sophia could have just as easily used a duelist to get under the wall and then kill your undefended tree as she did a ranger. The determining factor in her success was your faction's tactical oversights. Stop making excuses and accept that you lost to the same easily counterable tactic twice in a row.

2. All mains are crap and people who can't flex are terrible as a rule. But my most played characters last season I played were Bridgette and Rien. Hanzo is a nice Bastion counter though. Pretty high skillcap character TBH. I respect people who can play him well. Not my first choice as anything but a counterpick. 

I thoroughly enjoy the differences in attitude we have.  I’m worried about the long term health and wellness of the game (the closest thing to SB 2 we will ever see) and you’re worried about winning now (and you’re not even doing that).  Just to be clear (and please correct me if I’m wrong) you think every wood elf/Fae/hamster and 3-4 classes (so 9-12 specs which is around a third of the classes in the game)  should be able to dodge walls (intended to keep all but one race, some of the time another race, using an intended gimmick built into their lore) and LoS guards (which is clearly unintended) because it helps you now?  How does that help the long term of the game?  How does that work when it’s player built assets?  How does that work when it’s thousands of people per server (instead of 200-300 pre alpha testers)?  What happened when it’s 50 (100, 200, the meta) people just building wall dodging builds and they ninja every asset with zero confrontation and zero ability to stop it.  At what point is it too much?  

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Posted (edited)

Forgive me if I find it laughable someone who does not play the game and belongs to the guild that says "that's the developers problem" in response to it being pointed out how bad faction stacking is for the community would tell me they care more about the long term health of the game than I do. All you and your guild care about is winning now, you're even stunting your own growth as players to do so.

Second off, my main, the only character I play in sieges, is a half-giant cleric. He will never be hopping a wall in any state of the game ever. And it's precisely for that reason I support the ability for elves and fae to continue bypassing walls. Because HG clerics not only counter most classes 1v1 but are one of the most effective builds for big group brawls. And he's one of several classes such as templars etc. that while very valuable in throne room/tree room fights cannot bypass walls. Chopping 2/3rds of character options including every tank option (if you fix the ones other than fae/woodelf/duelist as I suggest) puts wall bypassing teams at a distinct disadvantage man for man against a competent group of defenders.

And that's why I think they should leave it in. These kinds of tactics are very counterable and make the game more interesting. I doubt they will leave it in but only absolute trash tacticians wouldn't be able to deal with it if they did.

Edited by Andius

18 minutes ago, Andius said:

Forgive me if I find it laughable someone who does not play the game and belongs to the guild that says "that's the developers problem" in response to it being pointed out how bad faction stacking is for the community would tell me they care more about the long term health of the game than I do. All you and your guild care about is winning now, you're even stunting your own growth as players to do so.

Second off, my main, the only character I play in sieges, is a half-giant cleric. He will never be hopping a wall in any state of the game ever. And it's precisely for that reason I support the ability for elves and fae to continue bypassing walls. Because HG clerics not only counter most classes 1v1 but are one of the most effective builds for big group brawls. And he's one of several classes such as templars etc. that while very valuable in throne room/tree room fights cannot bypass walls. Chopping 2/3rds of character options including every tank option (if you fix the ones other than fae/woodelf/duelist as I suggest) puts wall bypassing teams at a distinct disadvantage man for man against a competent group of defenders.

And that's why I think they should leave it in. These kinds of tactics are very counterable and make the game more interesting. I doubt they will leave it in but only absolute trash tacticians wouldn't be able to deal with it if they did.

Balance does jody calls about your victories.  

wiDfyPp.png

58 minutes ago, Andius said:

its always the devs fault tho #blameblair.

I can't decide if making the pre-alpha testing environment competitive is a stoked genius or cretinous. 

On one hand you have a large community of people that are focused on playing and winning the game by any means necessary (In every faction), which often includes using known bugs/exploits. I personally feel that many of the newfound bugs have a great possibility of being kept secret and thus used to keep the competitive edge as it is human nature to use every advantage available in this environment. 

On the other hand people are generally awful at keeping secrets and it seems that every major exploitable bug, reported or not, eventually bubbles to the surface and becomes so common that any tester deals with it on a daily basis. Example: Centaur or mino champs running up to a fort corner and boinging right over the wall like a gazelle, No double jumping or dodge glide required.

Add to this the time it takes to resolve these bugs (weeks, months, sometimes much longer) and you have a lot of people playing what is essentially a game of finding and exploiting bugs/game conditions. It's an interesting social experiment but it makes me wonder if we are here to provide game feedback and report bugs or if we are only burning the barn down while passing through. I've heard that backers numbers are somewhere in the 50k range but we only seem to pull about 300 during peak hours. Maybe some of you seasoned beta testers could share some thoughts because I doubt they would ever address something like the above in a live stream on an article.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mandalore said:

What happened when it’s 50 (100, 200, the meta) people just building wall dodging builds and they ninja every asset with zero confrontation and zero ability to stop it. 

Then you leave a force a quarter their size of top meta builds standing at the assets you need to defend and absolutely dominate them when they show up with no tanks, and missing many of the best DPS and healing options as well, expecting to roll you.

If this tactic was so amazing it would be being used now when confessors, champions, and many other builds I don't suggest should be allowed to continue bypassing walls still can.

There is a reason this isn't being used heavily now, there is a reason it won't be being used heavily later. What makes you imagine this tactic will ever be more effective than it is at this moment in time?

And that's the great part of testing. It's a bug, but it's kind of a cool one, that is fairly counterable even in its current state. It wouldn't be the first time an unintended mechanic ended up a game feature because it's fun.

Edited by Andius

15 minutes ago, Chroma said:

I can't decide if making the pre-alpha testing environment competitive is a stoked genius or cretinous. 

On one hand you have a large community of people that are focused on playing and winning the game by any means necessary (In every faction), which often includes using known bugs/exploits. I personally feel that many of the newfound bugs have a great possibility of being kept secret and thus used to keep the competitive edge as it is human nature to use every advantage available in this environment. 

On the other hand people are generally awful at keeping secrets and it seems that every major exploitable bug, reported or not, eventually bubbles to the surface and becomes so common that any tester deals with it on a daily basis. Example: Centaur or mino champs running up to a fort corner and boinging right over the wall like a gazelle, No double jumping or dodge glide required.

Add to this the time it takes to resolve these bugs (weeks, months, sometimes much longer) and you have a lot of people playing what is essentially a game of finding and exploiting bugs/game conditions. It's an interesting social experiment but it makes me wonder if we are here to provide game feedback and report bugs or if we are only burning the barn down while passing through. I've heard that backers numbers are somewhere in the 50k range but we only seem to pull about 300 during peak hours. Maybe some of you seasoned beta testers could share some thoughts because I doubt they would ever address something like the above in a live stream on an article.

Chroma gets it.  

wiDfyPp.png

1 hour ago, mandalore said:

Balance does jody calls about your victories.  

I would too. While others in our faction such as my own guild leads, UDL/LoDs shotcallers, GDs interference team and Sophia have all done a lot more than I have, I've done enough at sieges to be proud of and surely it must make for more interesting songs than "And then after they wiped us 2-3 times we called the whole faction and beat them while outnumbering them 2 to 1!" or "And then the 6 of us stood on points at 3am Pacific!"