Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
SmokinJoker46290

Questions for the Devs!

This numbers argument will likely never end so ill just drop it at this point, however let me just say that if yall applied half as much effort to fort/outpost capping as you do to "counting" and posting about it on the forums these campaign scores would be much closer.

Edited by Tyrannicall

14 minutes ago, Tyrannicall said:

This numbers argument will likely never end so ill just drop it at this point, however let me just say that if yall applied half as much effort to fort/outpost capping as you do to "counting" and posting about it on the forums these campaign scores would be much closer.

Imagine if I played instead of posting? 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

7 minutes ago, Tyrannicall said:

Now that would 100% be harmful to the community 😂

I've had long stints of playing in previous patches just not right now.  I'm still holding out for a debuff class but doesn't seem like it will happen so I'll play healers until then. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

👎🏻 To circle standing just to have it flipped back 5 minutes later. 

54 minutes ago, Tyrannicall said:

2 minutes ago, Ltab said:

I only stand in circles to provoke fights 😘

Wish it would show which outposts are going down too. Be a lot more open field fights. Too hard to remember where all the flags are and which is missing. 

I think less outposts would be good, but make them worth more. 

Oh and let's not put a 3 guard tower right next to a bane tree spawn 😬

25 minutes ago, Ltab said:

I think less outposts would be good, but make them worth more. 

Oh and let's not put a 3 guard tower right next to a bane tree spawn 😬

I absolutely hate circle standing but sadly it is currently necessary :( I agree with less outposts I only outpost cap if they have some crazy capture bonus. it takes soooo long to cap 1 outpost solo too which doesn't help.

2 hours ago, oneply said:

Confirming rough numbers is easier than some pretend. Just ask Jah/Sockpuppet. 

Confirming numbers was easy when we had the /who command. The command was removed, so it is now much more difficult to figure out how many people from each faction are in a zone.

And even when I had screenshots of /who for each faction in each zone, people continued to lie about numbers to push a false narrative of Balance outnumbering everyone. As in-game propaganda that makes some sense. As feedback to the devs on game mechanics it is more problematic.

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

Do we really have to keep going back to that jah? You proved you were outnumbered then, this much is understood. 

As for now, with my honest and pure intentioned fae heart I truly believe balance outnumbers us 2 to 1. Whether you admit such things or not it doesnt matter. The fights are still fun and the game is moving in a much more solid direction I feel.

Once caps are increased and we get much more players I will be eager to see if you Winterblades can remain such lofty lords of the land ;)

Again. Numbers are numbers. My boys and I will continue to be a rageful force against anyone who opposes us.

15 minutes ago, Ltab said:

Do we really have to keep going back to that jah? You proved you were outnumbered then, this much is understood. 

I was tagged and asked to support the claim that confirming numbers is easy. Pointing out that even when we had /who available there were still endless debates and distortions about numbers is relevant. I'm not trying to bring it back, though.

IhhQKY6.gif

2 hours ago, Ltab said:

As for now, with my honest and pure intentioned fae heart I truly believe balance outnumbers us 2 to 1. Whether you admit such things or not it doesnt matter. The fights are still fun and the game is moving in a much more solid direction I feel.

Once caps are increased and we get much more players I will be eager to see if you Winterblades can remain such lofty lords of the land ;)

Again. Numbers are numbers. My boys and I will continue to be a rageful force against anyone who opposes us.

See I respect yall for that, I will say out of all order I consistently see yall when im out roaming around. You are by far the most active throughout the day for order, plus yall are always fun to fight :) 

On 4/22/2019 at 2:16 PM, Andius said:

This is all is true.
You could have stopped right here, but you went on to contradict yourself.

To say numbers mean nothing is nonsense and you know it.

The way numbers are being presented by the majority of posters here is meaningless in the context of who wins a siege, it's just been proven that a keep can be taken without a number advantage period. Now it will be interesting to see if JTodds "Catch up Mechanic" which has been endorsed by Blazzen, can be used by someone creative enough to win as the underdog faction.

But I tell ya what I do know, JTodd implemented the Push -Pull mechanic in one of these evolutions as a rule-set last year, which in theory would stop the numbers advantage, the community hated it, wouldn't even play it. So I don't want to hear about numbers in a test with 300 transient players, the large guilds with numbers are not here yet. 

And when they get here everyone kicking each other in the gonads today, will be kissing buttocks to Ally with each other tomorrow. Now if you want to discuss numbers in regards to attrition in field fights there might be some merit in the context of balancing the power curve between the haves and the have nots.

At this point, I'm not even salty. You guys are refining the metal Order is forged from into damascus. This campaign has been the most fun of the three I've participated in. I'm sure you'll whip more people into standing on points and win the campaign now that it's approaching fall/winter (Lol at Jah's post pretending factions are even just because you weren't prioritizing caps in spring) but you can't really expect a smaller force to put in the hours of circle standing it takes to win when faction victories achieve practically nothing at this point.

Glad you are having fun, that's one of the things we are here for, and when you can snatch the pebble from my hand grasshopper, you will become as sharp as digital Damascus steel. But until then, I expect you to do what it takes to win, be assured we will.

Just understand the narrative and don't try to obscure the facts anyone can verify if they count numbers at these fights. Order is facing an incredible uphill battle in terms of numbers, proving they are the most elite fighting force in the game man for man, and winning major upset victory after major upset victory before balance can bring their entire zerg together to finally push us back.
This is building a monument next to nothing, signifying anything. Your time and effort could be used elsewhere instead of counting numbers on a video. We run small harvesting squads all the time with impunity, why you letting us? Don't you know he with the doobers wins? Getting the hint yet?     

People who want to be getting better, and becoming stronger players, Order is an incredible place to be right now. If you want to hide behind numbers while saying they mean nothing, and letting your skills decay as you grow sick with complacency, but brag about faction wins whether or not you even log in to the game, I'd suggest Balance.

We win because you let us, there is no other reason, and no other excuse. I'm still green and growing and I log into the game every night, never once called in sick even back when Sugoi, or LoD and the Death alliance, were running the Pain Train on us.

Thanks for your reply

Edited by corvax

So it's never fair to point out a disparity in numbers because sometimes we win outnumbered, and because "when the big guilds come" we're going to be allies.

Our victories outnumbered don't mean numbers mean nothing, they just just mean we're good and can keep pushing even with the deck a bit stacked against us. And I don't think there is any reason to presume we'd ally with you before the big guilds whenever that day comes. I have serious doubts your faction will even still exist come that point.

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

42 minutes ago, Andius said:

So it's never fair to point out a disparity in numbers because sometimes we win outnumbered, and because "when the big guilds come" we're going to be allies.

Our victories outnumbered don't mean numbers mean nothing, they just just mean we're good and can keep pushing even with the deck a bit stacked against us. And I don't think there is any reason to presume we'd ally with you before the big guilds whenever that day comes. I have serious doubts your faction will even still exist come that point.

Your victories mean absolutely nothing if you cant win the war. Germany won many a battle over the course of history but were still on the losing side.  Whenever these big guilds show up that is what this pre-alpha time period will be. It will be history and you will not be rememered as the faction that won a few battles, you will only be known as the faction that lost.

Edited by Tyrannicall

44 minutes ago, Tyrannicall said:

Your victories mean absolutely nothing if you cant win the war. Germany won many a battle over the course of history but were still on the losing side.  Whenever these big guilds show up that is what this pre-alpha time period will be. It will be history and you will not be rememered as the faction that won a few battles, you will only be known as the faction that lost.

Maybe people you will be remembered for zerging the trials. Maybe the deeds of pre-alpha will barely be remembered and building skills is more important than building wins against a faction half your size.

Thanks for the dust and bread Thromdeir. Hope the book was equal exchange. 

Edited by Andius

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

6 minutes ago, Andius said:

Maybe people you will be remembered for zerging the trials. Maybe the deeds of pre-alpha will barely be remembered and building skills is more important than building wins against a faction half your size.

Thanks for the dust and bread Thromdeir. Hope the book was equal exchange. 

W