Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
srathor

We need a god damned guild bank

We need line items for mats. We need stackable books. We need the custard goggles to drop. 

We need some quality of custard life.

We need a sort command that works in the bank. 

We need the ability to rename Characters.

THIS IS INSANE!

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

unknown.png

This is just flat out cruel. Please for the love of god, fix this poorly made socks.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Devonic said:

No renaming characters, they are all named your account name

it needs to stay that way so actions can be linked to you

He's talking about renaming your vessels in the character selection screen, not changing the name that shows in game.

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

Just now, Jah said:

He's talking about renaming your vessels, not changing the name that shows in game.

Seems like a unnecessary requirement. That's just for organization 

@Ussiah “you think you got resources?! Hold my beer?”

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

1 hour ago, Devonic said:

Seems like a unnecessary requirement. That's just for organization 

That is the point of named vessels. Organization.

IhhQKY6.gif

Posted (edited)

I wouldn't stop at guild. In ArcheAge there was something called "families". They were a smaller unit separate from a guild that could have their own access permissions to certain forms of storage. Generally these were used either by a single player with many alts, or shared by exceptionally close friends such as a small group that goes from game to game together, husband and wife etc.

Some kind of storage like that would be hugely useful in not having it be such a pain in the butt to juggle resources between characters on seperate accounts. Or even characters on the same account in a no import campaign. 

Edited by Andius

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

Agreed this is getting a tad insane. The fact at worst you have to store mats in an NPC and pay 5G per 15mins is crazy of a work around

Before I die, I shall stand upon your grave and smile.

Chests and bank size is fine. Just need a guild bank tab and guild ranks so permissions can be assigned.

is it difficult to assign different stack size limits for just the bank vs character inventory?

Posted (edited)

They addressed this in a previous live stream.  They know it’s a problem and it will be fixed but it’s a complicated long progress for them to fix and it’s further down the pipeline than other fixes/mechanics/systems.  Nobody is truly happy with the banking and storage issues the CF pre alpha has but it’s not going to launch with what we have now and they’ve acknowledged our valid concerns.   

Not sure what the point of riling people up is. 

Edited by mandalore

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

I am interested to know how guild banks and other storage will work with exports for campaigns. 

Or will it only work for EK's?  that would be smart.

14 hours ago, Devonic said:

No renaming characters, they are all named your account name

it needs to stay that way so actions can be linked to you

I disagree with this.  there are ways for us to have unique character names while maintaining actions linked to you.  That was one of my biggest disappointments when I logged in the first time, created my first toon, and then spent forever trying to come up with a cool, unique name only to find out when I actually entered the game with it that the name I picked was meaningless.  Had I know that the name I picked to create the account would also be the name for ALL my characters on it I would have put more thought behind it.  very disappointing. :(    One of the simplest ways I can think of off the top of my head is to have a "family" name for the account.  I am sure there are other ways to do it to......  Whats to stop me from buying a separate account, training it up, do all kinds of nefarious (though NOT TOS) activities and you would have no way of knowing it was me, the drizzzt guy. :)   Just saying.  I can have ways to have zero things linked to me if I wanted to spend enough money.  :)  

5 minutes ago, Drizzzt said:

I disagree with this.  there are ways for us to have unique character names while maintaining actions linked to you.  That was one of my biggest disappointments when I logged in the first time, created my first toon, and then spent forever trying to come up with a cool, unique name only to find out when I actually entered the game with it that the name I picked was meaningless.  Had I know that the name I picked to create the account would also be the name for ALL my characters on it I would have put more thought behind it.  very disappointing. :(    One of the simplest ways I can think of off the top of my head is to have a "family" name for the account.  I am sure there are other ways to do it to......  Whats to stop me from buying a separate account, training it up, do all kinds of nefarious (though NOT TOS) activities and you would have no way of knowing it was me, the drizzzt guy. :)   Just saying.  I can have ways to have zero things linked to me if I wanted to spend enough money.  :)  

I have never seen any version of your name on purpley skinned elf rogues or rangers on every game I’ve ever played.

Posted (edited)

Making your account name a last name would work, but both names would have to be displayed.

I just hope, if they do this, they will give a free name change.  At first, my username was my email and they said that they allow one free name change; so I have used my free use.  Just not sure if Devonic is the last name I would want, it sounds more like a first name.

Please reference quote below

Edited by Devonic

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, Drizzzt said:

For comment above, could not add quote after the face.

Edited by Devonic

Posted (edited)

It is simply a name for the vessels. Not for the account. Sheesh derail much?

Over time vessels change roles when you have storage and white vessels and greens and blues with different stats and focus. Delete and re leveling just to change the nametag on the vessel is a lot more work for a player. 

unknown.png

As I move from the common vessel to the no handed green I would like to move that 4th vessel to the top of the list and rename it to Lawn Crafter Green Nohand. 

User interface's should help. Not make it harder. 

Edited by srathor