Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Andius

The Great Need for Multicolored Balls

This is a suggestion to color code druid orbs a bit more to give situationally aware players more ability to process information and react appropriately to various battlefield circumstances. The current system causes issues such as:

A. Earthkeeper druids usually want you to pick up their orbs. Archdruids do not. This can lead to a lot of confusion especially if you are in a party with both classes.
B. There is no strong visual indicator between an enemy and allied druid bomb, meaning allied druids may unintentionally clear space for the enemy when allies needlessly dodge out of the way of their bombs.

My solution, is more colorful balls.

xxssi_ibeGetWCCImage.jsp?docName=F458485

Green Orbs - Party Only

Current Usage - All druid orbs dropped before being blighted by an ArchDruid.

Suggested Use - All earthkeeper druid orbs dropped.

Blue Orbs - Party Only

Current Usage - None

Suggested Usage - All archdruid orbs dropped.

Blue Death Orbs - Allies

Current Usage - All druid bombs as visible by both sides

Suggested Usage - All druid bombs as visible by allies

Red Death Orbs - Enemies

Current Usage - None

Suggested Usage - All druid bombs as visible by enemies

Conclusion

Earthkeeper orbs and Archdruid orbs means allies can respond more appropriately knowing that they can heal their earthkeeper allies by grabbing green orbs but that grabbing blue orbs will interfere with their Archdruids setting up bombs.

It also would mean that when you see blue death orbs go up you don't need to fear them, and in-fact can even fall back to them for defense against melee opponents, but that if you see red ones you need to get the hell out of the way.

This would be a buff to druids in that their allies would respond more appropriately to their abilities if they have good situational awareness. This would also be a nerf to druids in that enemies would have be more able to appropriately react to an enemy druid bomb. But between the balancing effects, this punishes obliviousness and rewards situational awareness and knowledge of your allies and enemies abilities, which is always a good thing IMO.

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

Posted (edited)

This would be amazing!  I don't think they need to be visible to everyone but there definitely needs to be color change for earhtkeepers and archdruids.   Druid bombs are exactly the same regardless of friendly or foe. 

Edited by Nueby
spelling and clarification

4 hours ago, Nueby said:

This would be amazing!  I don't think they need to be visible to everyone but there definitely needs to be color change for earhtkeepers and archdruids.   Druid bombs are exactly the same regardless of friendly or foe. 

I was a bit long-winded in the way I said it but really this system would only change archdruid balls to blue and enemy bombs to red. Everything else would work the same way it does now. Nothing that isn't currently visible outside party would be.

Adding to the fun, Blade Master creates orbs that I need to pick up for self heal and AP buff. In the fray, telling my orbs from druid orbs isn't always easy.

7 hours ago, VaMei said:

Adding to the fun, Blade Master creates orbs that I need to pick up for self heal and AP buff. In the fray, telling my orbs from druid orbs isn't always easy.

Excellent. Yellow balls are in the provided picture but not in my suggestion and I was just aching to work them in there some how so we can have a proper ball pit.