Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Weird Freezing Lag.

macncheese

Hello, so I just got the game Friday afternoon and I've been enjoying it very much.  Though I've been experiencing what I would call weird lag.  It freezes up for about a second or less and tends to whip my camera around though not all the time.  It didn't happen in the starting zone nor in the city at least not that I noticed its when i when out of the city through one of the portals that it started.  Just running and it will start doing it especially around larger areas like keeps and especially in pvp fights.  I've tried numerous things to fix it for example adjusting the in game settings, playing with Radeon settings, even setting windows for best performance as well as turning off core 0 on my processor for the game, reinstalling the game.  None of that has made any difference.  It's really frustrating because I play at 50-80 fps and then bam game just plummets like someone dropped an anvil on it and then that anvil vanishes after it smashes the game and all is well and then bam and bam and bam.  It is so frustrating.  If anyone has had this problem or knows of a potential solution please help lol if not well guess I could wait for the game to be optimized but I'd rather play now as I'm sure you can understand that.

My specs are:

i7-6700k

Radeon RX 570

8gb ddr5

HDD

32 minutes ago, macncheese said:

8gb ddr5

HDD 

this is the problem (well, right after broken game performance)

upgrade to ssd, increase swap. or increase memory and disable swap

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: rangefall

Discord makkon#8550

7 minutes ago, makkon said:

Yeah i've been wanting an SSD anyhow so its probably about time, what do you mean by swap?

16 hours ago, makkon said:

Wanted to thank you for the suggestions, I have just ordered myself an SSD and 16gb of ram so hopefully it will improve with that if not well at least I got some much needed upgrades. 

On 4/21/2019 at 8:23 PM, makkon said:

Just wanted to give an update.  I got the parts and got it all setup and my god has it made a difference.  I still experience the odd jerk but its no longer this game breaking thing its just slightly annoying and doesn't tank my game into a crawl.  So thank you again for the great suggestions.

• 3 weeks later...