Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
OsirianLegacy

Something to Remember...

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

I keep telling myself when I get frustrated: "It has so much more coming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming" 

So I figured I'd post here and remind myself; as well as many of you about a few things we're still missing that will make this all feel so much more alive and busy. PLEASE, correct me on anything that is going to be *Post Launch* or has been discontinued. I haven't been keeping 100% up with all the videos and changes.

  • Caravans will be a huge creator of conflict. Having to run large amounts of resources between keeps/forts to upgrade them will provide dynamic PVP content. We will need bodyguards, scouts, and to set up ambushes along the routes these Caravans take. I am assuming that they will be Static routes between each keep/fort.
  • Tracking, though we haven't gotten many, if at all; concrete details on how this system will work, it is something that will bring with it more interesting roles within the Throne War itself. Where the Ranger and Assassin classes can really shine. This makes having allies with you that can detect those that would try and slit your throat all the more important.
  • Mounts, though we have the statistical benefit of mounts; it will FEEL so much better to actually be galloping on horseback (Or whatever the hell centaurs will do) on a mount throughout the dying worlds. 
  • The Dregs will make for some interesting mechanics for us to toy with. Creating our own cities in a large scale "EK" that can be attacked and sieged dynamically, or on siege timers (We don't know which yet) being able to be actual mercenaries for the highest bidders, there is a lot that can be done with the game once The Dregs come online.
  • Performance is currently being worked on, and although I personally haven't been in more than just PVE fights on the Test server when the snap test for 5.9 was up, I can say the movement feels WAY better. When using dodge moves it feels like gravity is actually weighing us down, as a minotaur, or half-giant I actually felt like this large intimidating mass of flesh ready to tear apart some limbs. Even just walking felt way more believable and "real". As far as performance increases go, I couldn't see an actual FPS increase, but I did notice there were fewer drops in FPS. Though I was only on for maybe two hours testing all the classes.
  • Frostweaver, though not really "Content" has been the most wanted class out've pretty much all of them. Being able to sling around ice magic while looking like a badass is needed in Crowfall. Seriously, who doesn't like Ice magic? 
  • Relics Are those boons you receive from winning campaigns. A statue of the Gods, a monument to Hero, these give you a small statistical buff and can be equipped to your EK. This was talked about during the Kickstarter days, will they still exist? 
  • EK Tax system
  • City/Town Parcels are supposed to require upkeep, which is somehow lessened or eliminated by placing appropriate type/rank of resource parcels next to it. This may or may not be part of release, but will make or break people coming to your EK. Have a huge EK with tons of markets for people to buy from? Raise them taxes! 
  • The Embargo System I really wish this was in a more finished state at this point, as a lot of us are currently able to just Spirit Bank anything and everything we collect. This will not be the case once this system comes online. Your Equipment, Resources, Items, and Gold, ect... will be stuck in the campaign that character is currently in. Once a victor of the Throne War is determined the Winner is given a reward, and can bring back a certain amount of their collected Spoils. The Losers of the campaign, will bring in fewer rewards. This to me is the sole reason that Crowfall seems unbalanced right now, as guilds are able to craft ass-tons of powerful equipment and hand them out to whomever they want throughout different campaigns. This will not be the case once this system comes online, unless ACE decided to flush it, which I seriously hope they didn't. 

 

Now, I will say this much of ACE: They made a HUGE decision with the Race/Class split. I think a lot of us forget that the Race/Class split was not in the books from the get go. They were doing really well with performance in Hunger Dome, and Siege Perilous felt okay for how early in the stages they were at the time. Making the choice to give us more options put them in a MAJOR setback, I'm sure @jtoddcoleman and @Tyrant can both agree that it wasn't an easy decision to make. However, it makes the game more interesting and gives us more options. 

The game is moving slowly, and sure it's not where *WE* want it right now; but ACE also isn't a multi-million dollar company that's releasing their 5th or 6th game as a studio. This is their first, and although they have a lot of talent, such as @Hanseshadow (Whom I think is a badass btw) and Blair(SP?) on their side they're learning how to be a team together. Anyways, I hope this has rekindled a bit of what is hopefully to come in the next year. 

Don't let your light fade ARTCRAFT ENTERTAINMENT!

-OsirianLegacy-

Edited by OsirianLegacy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, OsirianLegacy said:
  • Performance is currently being worked on, and although I personally haven't been in more than just PVE fights on the Test server when the snap test for 5.9 was up, I can say the movement feels WAY better. When using dodge moves it feels like gravity is actually weighing us down, as a minotaur, or half-giant I actually felt like this large intimidating mass of flesh ready to tear apart some limbs. Even just walking felt way more believable and "real". As far as performance increases go, I couldn't see an actual FPS increase, but I did notice there were fewer drops in FPS. Though I was only on for maybe two hours testing all the classes.

I cant wait to see the performance gains in 5.9. Similar to your situation, I couldn't get on the 5.9 test, so I will wait patently for it to go live. ACE has thrown a lot of manpower into this issue of late, so I am reasonably sure some intended parts of the game suffered and wont make launch.  I personally don't care if all but one of your bullet points are after launch. If performance isn't drastically improved nothing else will matter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, coolster50 said:

I’m disappointed in you. How could you forget the glorious Frostweaver?! 

Glorious?

Optimist!


2W1ZHpA.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, coolster50 said:

I’m disappointed in you. How could you forget the glorious Frostweaver?! 

I know, I know! But that's not necessarily a feature; however I will say I'm insanely excited to throw around some Ice magic!! I l freaking love the concept of Frostweaver. :D

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mystafyi said:

I cant wait to see the performance gains in 5.9. Similar to your situation, I couldn't get on the 5.9 test, so I will wait patently for it to go live. ACE has thrown a lot of manpower into this issue of late, so I am reasonably sure some intended parts of the game suffered and wont make launch.  I personally don't care if all but one of your bullet points are after launch. If performance isn't drastically improved nothing else will matter. 

I feel like if anything Performance/Caravans/Mounts will be the most necessary to me personally, as well as Frostweaver and a little more character customizations. I like the Idea of Dregs, but an entire mode of play is not as big of a concern for me as having one SOLID game mode. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Relics

This system was supposed to be the crucial feedback loop of "why do i care about my EK" and we've heard multiple ideas/revisions including:

  • A limited number of account based buff slots, you pick the buffs from avaliable relics in an EK you have access to.
  • A special sacrifice mechanic to get long duration buffs.
  • Literal AoE buffs from the statue.
  • More I can't recall.

 

Combat Pets

I personally hate the very concept but it was technically a kickstarter stretch goal that we technically met.

 

EK Tax system and resource parcels mechanics

City/Town Parcels are supposed to require upkeep, which is somehow lessened or eliminated by placing appropriate type/rank of resource parcels next to it.


PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, PopeUrban said:

Relics

This system was supposed to be the crucial feedback loop of "why do i care about my EK" and we've heard multiple ideas/revisions including:

  • A limited number of account based buff slots, you pick the buffs from avaliable relics in an EK you have access to.
  • A special sacrifice mechanic to get long duration buffs.
  • Literal AoE buffs from the statue.
  • More I can't recall.

 

Combat Pets

I personally hate the very concept but it was technically a kickstarter stretch goal that we technically met.

 

EK Tax system and resource parcels mechanics

City/Town Parcels are supposed to require upkeep, which is somehow lessened or eliminated by placing appropriate type/rank of resource parcels next to it.

Good call on Relics! I definitely didn't mean to leave those out. The idea of getting a large statue of Arkon, or Kane and showing it off in your EK would be amazing as a reward. I just hope they include the buffs that they were supposed to let you chose from. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
47 minutes ago, PopeUrban said:

EK Tax system and resource parcels mechanics

 

City/Town Parcels are supposed to require upkeep, which is somehow lessened or eliminated by placing appropriate type/rank of resource parcels next to it.

The last thing i heard about that was that upkeep was meant to change over from parcels to buildings. So the parcels and strongholds wouldn't cost upkeep, but the buildings (including centerpieces ... or not?) would cost upkeep -- and if not paid, they would decay through several stages, down to being in a visually and technically ruined and unusable stage ... until they have been repaired (kind of like the vendors work right now). With the possibility to reduce the upkeep costs by placing resource parcels ("tax-free" parcels) adjacent to the stronghold parcels that house those buildings. down to zero, depending on the numbers (like 160 1x1 "tax-free" resource parcels to reduce the upkeep for buildings on a citadel parcel to zero).

But yeah. No news about that. I ask(ed) about that at least once a year. No news i would know about yet.

Edited by Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel like it would behoove them to release some sort of "This is what we have planned for Release" and "This is what is planned after release". I'm honestly thinking they should postpone soft launch until Summer of next year to give them more polish time though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...