Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Zintair

Arbiter

Wondering if people have any experience with the Arbiter.  I’ve been running Crusader and very happy with it but I feel like I could be doing more than just heal.  I like their CC options.  Any experience gladly welcomed thanks!!

edit: I am eventually going to try it I’m trying to find a way to squeeze more utility into then cleric at the cost of healing if I were to be with another healer in the group.

Edited by Zintair

1 hour ago, Zintair said:

Wondering if people have any experience with the Arbiter.  I’ve been running Crusader and very happy with it but I feel like I could be doing more than just heal.  I like their CC options.  Any experience gladly welcomed thanks!!

edit: I am eventually going to try it I’m trying to find a way to squeeze more utility into then cleric at the cost of healing if I were to be with another healer in the group.

CC isn't as good as one would think.  CC is bleh with the current retaliate system, ults also counter CC and CC immunity is a big thing (you can see when people are immune to CC bc they glow blue).  Swapping to arbiter would take away several hundred support power (and support power is a huge factor in your healing) , remove the 20% crit chance/crit healing from holy symbol, would remove the heal from hand of the gods, would remove the heal from illuminate and remove the 10% barrier to people below 50% from your capstone. 

Arbiter and Radical are bleh.  Arbiter is a weird CC hybrid in a game that has too many CC counters and it lacks most of the healing power that makes crusader even close to druid.  Radical on the other hand is a sustained cleave (with back to back ults) fire build that can't sustain its mana long enough to actually do the damage it's supposed to do.  I'm not happy with the Cleric off specs. 

Shadowbane had a perfect ranged "cleric" in prelate and it doesn't seem as though they are interested in repeating that build. 

Edited by mandalore

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

1 hour ago, mandalore said:

CC isn't as good as one would think.  CC is bleh with the current retaliate system, ults also counter CC and CC immunity is a big thing (you can see when people are immune to CC bc they glow blue).  Swapping to arbiter would take away several hundred support power (and support power is a huge factor in your healing) , remove the 20% crit chance/crit healing from holy symbol, would remove the heal from hand of the gods, would remove the heal from illuminate and remove the 10% barrier to people below 50% from your capstone. 

Arbiter and Radical are bleh.  Arbiter is a weird CC hybrid in a game that has too many CC counters and it lacks most of the healing power that makes crusader even close to druid.  Radical on the other hand is a sustained cleave (with back to back ults) fire build that can't sustain its mana long enough to actually do the damage it's supposed to do.  I'm not happy with the Cleric off specs. 

Shadowbane had a perfect ranged "cleric" in prelate and it doesn't seem as though they are interested in repeating that build. 

One of the things was I am anticipating is a correction to the cC mechanics because after playing in both smallman and siege large group it is definitely seems more catered to a siege type mechanic but isn’t punishing enough for CC.  

I am also dissappointed that there is literally no choice consequence in the trees.  Like it’s not even a question what you should pick up.  So where I might want to hybrid to bring some control and healing I can’t really do that.  So if I wanted to drop crusader but pick up arbiter for the chance to stun from range on spirit hammer I can’t.

As of now like I said I am happy with the crusader and what it can do with disc added in.  However I would like to see more viability with arbiter because I see huge potential for a great control mediocre but helpful damage and basic heals once you have a high enough vessel to support all the stats.  

Not a huge fan of being so pidgeon holes into something.  I’d prefer to be flexible to a degree depending on if it’s larger scale or smaller scale.