Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
silhaku

Final Damage multiplier

I know on your last stream you talked about having certain stats that were dump stats depending on the class, Well this is one of them for every class. Like to compare it to attack power this stat won't get equal value to it until you are reaching about 2000 attack power and the cap is 1000. So at best this is an additive stat that you take for melee classes because you get both attack power and this from strength anyways.

Edited by silhaku

1 minute ago, silhaku said:

it's horrible, you will never pick to build this stat up over any other stat.

Final damage mod? 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

yes, tried plenty of builds trying to make this work but you are much better building into all attack power, critical damage, and critical chance. Let me put it like this.  You get like a .05% increase to damage modifier per strength point while getting 1 point in attack power. By the time you hit max level, you have gained about 100 attack power or 5% damage mod. Even if you hit the 1000 cap on attack power the stat points you invested to mod is only giving you 50 more. I thought that adding criticals to the values would change this since %s scale better at higher numbers but the gap became greater. So that leaves other values like specific damage mods and pens that I haven't tested out yet but I think the specific damage mods scale almost as bad as the final damage mod. You will never hit a point where final damage outscales raw attack power or criticals.

Edited by silhaku

So stats have a priority.  You’re onto something but you’re also missing several other somethings.  

TL;DR Final DMG mod is far from bad.

I also considered maybe final damage was easier to acquire like though gear but if I invested into my human archer with dex I would have been at the 400 attack power mark which is Final damage at its best already. I'm barely over 20% Final damage and I do have the human ability to get that up to 30% but with less investment, I could easily hit higher values of damage without a limitation of a time-limited damage buff.

2 hours ago, Groovin said:

Final damage modifier also has a 40% cap. A cap you can easily reach given the right circumstance, and without much effort.

don't know about that. If you are decently geared maybe. (Like maybe blues if you are wearing leather. I honestly think the cap should be 100% and rate you gain it should be about double. I think this would put it around the power curve of the other stats.

50 FDM cap (60 for some classes). basic blue+ builds have 20-30 stable FDM. some classes can get even more. some can buff self

and this is ontop of other 3 core melee stats:

• 200 Crit dmg cap. easy to reach with necklace and new rune weapons
  • 1k AP cap. easy to reach for some classes.
  • 50% crit chance. average lvling with badge with decent rings and you can get 40-50 easy.

there are already possible 4k crit in pvp. not sure FDM need any adjust except nerf

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: Out of Fury

Discord makkon#8550