Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Does Crowfall Really Differ From Other Games?

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Obviously the game isn't out yet, so this is hard to speculate.  However, the creators boast about how they are creating something new, something never seen before.  But as far as I've seen, it has lo

More like I find it annoying when people don't know how to contribute to the topic of conversation.  Such as yourself.

don't make me pull the whole Intarwebz over to the curb and deal with this...  

does it really matter?

Considering ACE's claim is "this game will be different" it does matter. Keep in mind many games with similar statements just become another failed WoW clone to add to the list. If you think it doesn't matter why are you here not playing something else?

I've not read everything here as extensively as many people have, but the largest thing I think/hope will set this game apart is that the game will be designed from the economy on up.  Meaning that all sorts of systems such as useful crafting, item decay/possible destruction, combat, gathering, etc will support the game economy and not just be tacked on after the fact of building a pvp/pve system first and the rest as an afterthought.

Edited by Fidel38

I've not read everything here as extensively as many people have, but the largest thing I think/hope will set this game apart is that the game will be designed from the economy on up.  Meaning that all sorts of systems such as useful crafting, item decay/possible destruction, combat, gathering, etc will support the game economy and not just be tacked on after the fact of building a pvp/pve system first and the rest as an afterthought.

Ah yes, this has been addressed in this thread as well.  And I do like that, very much so.  It's more realistic and everyone's actions can affect everyone else within the game.

Well, the main difference from other MMOs is the crafting,The Procedural generated worlds, The Campaign system which allows for varied rulesets for various player tastes, The Destruction (EQN is the only other to use this system), And Action Combat, which is starting to be a growing trend,plus the Race/Class archetypes.

Obviously the game isn't out yet, so this is hard to speculate.  However, the creators boast about how they are creating something new, something never seen before.  But as far as I've seen, it has looked pretty similar to other games I've played, or a mixture of games put together.  So what exactly does set CrowFall apart from all the other games?  Of course, some of this might be answered when the timer hits zero, and once people can play the game.  But until then, I really don't see yet how it does differ.

What are your ideas on how CrowFall is going to revolutionize gaming online?

Crowfall is the thin moon crescent seen low, low in the dark blue sky.

Crowfall is the artistic drop of water that plunges from high, high.

Well, the main difference from other MMOs is the crafting,The Procedural generated worlds, The Campaign system which allows for varied rulesets for various player tastes, The Destruction (EQN is the only other to use this system), And Action Combat, which is starting to be a growing trend,plus the Race/Class archetypes.

Wait, are you saying that race/class is a new thing?  Because you listed that in your paragraph of differences.

Obviously the game isn't out yet, so this is hard to speculate.  However, the creators boast about how they are creating something new, something never seen before.  But as far as I've seen, it has looked pretty similar to other games I've played, or a mixture of games put together.  So what exactly does set CrowFall apart from all the other games?  Of course, some of this might be answered when the timer hits zero, and once people can play the game.  But until then, I really don't see yet how it does differ.

What are your ideas on how CrowFall is going to revolutionize gaming online?

You may have seen bits and pieces of their feature list in other games at some point or another but have you ever seen them together with the *potential* to be well polished?

Action combat, friendly fire, voxel farm, pvp focus and everything else.  They are pretty much taking the good that has been learned over the last 10-20 years and trying to build a better game from it.

I think the most interesting part of their design will probably be the resetting campaigns.  It will be a cycle of e-peen battles. 

In my humble opinion, Crowfall is essentially a WoW clone with personal buildings. Looking forward to grinding out "Frozen Core".

Essentially a wow clone, but you haven't even played the game yet? Next you will be saying WoW was the first MMO ever.  :lol:

YannMLq.png

There are no original MMO ideas (or many other games for that matter). What is important is content, community and customer support post launch. Gameplay that doesn't use tab targeting is already a huge plus. Anything on top of that is a win.

Will it reach the subs levels WoW did? Doubtful. Will it last more than 2-3 years with a large, active community? Doubtful. It's PVP focused, WoW spawned too many carebear gamers.

The joke was successful.

(silly filter)

How was the joke successful? WoW was first released in 1972 and was the first MMORPG ever and it was exclusively on the Nintendo Commodore 64. Get your facts right inbred swine.

Edited by Adall

How was the joke successful? WoW was first released in 1972 and was the first MMORPG ever and it was exclusively on the Nintendo Commodore 64. Get your facts right inbred swine.

Filthy casual. That was the re-release. WoW was first released for the PDP1 in 1962, when Chris Metzen wrote it at MIT.

Edited by Raeshlavik