Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PinkFluffyPanda

Warden - thoughts?

Recommended Posts

Warden to me look like having quite a niche playstyle, being sort of a good anti stealth escort kind of build? 

Is it tanky enough to go head to head with dps classes?

Im melee it looks like it have decent dps and decent survivability? 

 

On paper it looks like something that could be quite good, but maybe there are some pros and cons im missing? 

 

Thanks in advance for your inputs. 

 

Best regards. 

PinkFluffyPanda 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@vkromas @thomasblair

Jack of some master of one type class. The melee is fast like any ranger and it scales good with stats(if you don't go hard and max nearly all gl keeping pace) . The bow skills are useful for runners and siege equipment. You get crushing and piercing pen but you can't wear a runic mace only a runic short sword. Alertness is good, constantly doesn't apply but still puts skill on cool down especially when switching trays . Forest step constantly lands you above target and are unable to cripple at times because of this. You can step to players and mobs but never guards for obvious reasons. You are unable to use camo from illusionist for some reason. Powerful supression although terrain interferes with its viability and takes practice to make sure it sticks , tank with the only downside of stake being placed and most don't engage when you are in it. Ranger q is also very powerful and almost chainable however the reduction of damage on players always makes lifesteal almost completely worthless. So PVE king and pvp niche with some strange keystone choices and some definite balance chances needed

Edited by Nuk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So following up on the warden, what race would you run with, and why?

Personally I think the smart choice would be elken? But I can see some interesting builds with the mino 🤔

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mino  immunity to cc from the front (unless they changed it)   push back with headbutt .  bonus Dex  .. That just my  opinion though

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Maemi said:

Mino  immunity to cc from the front (unless they changed it)   push back with headbutt .  bonus Dex  .. That just my  opinion though

 

Think mino is still frontal cc immune, Mino gets a little more Dex than Elken (18 base stats i think) but Mino also gets less con than Elken (26 in base stats i believe) 

Elken also gets Gestalt, Trailblazer and +25 perception. 

But then Mino gets the bloodthirst which is interesting. 

I think as an anti stealther the Elken is best, but for a brawler kind of playstyle I think the Mino might be best? Even though the Elken gets more Con as a base stat, the frontal CC immunity could save your ass when fighting up close. 

I honestly think its a difficult choice? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, PinkFluffyPanda said:

Think mino is still frontal cc immune, Mino gets a little more Dex than Elken (18 base stats i think) but Mino also gets less con than Elken (26 in base stats i believe) 

Elken also gets Gestalt, Trailblazer and +25 perception. 

But then Mino gets the bloodthirst which is interesting. 

I think as an anti stealther the Elken is best, but for a brawler kind of playstyle I think the Mino might be best? Even though the Elken gets more Con as a base stat, the frontal CC immunity could save your ass when fighting up close. 

I honestly think its a difficult choice? 

Gestalt shares a cooldown with Awareness, so you're really just getting Trailmaster, the perception bonus, a range cap bonus (if you decide to focus on range), and the added con/strength. Trailmaster has become less useful since the advent of pack pigs, but it sometimes makes sense to run around unmounted so you can use Awareness.  The additional con has a greater impact on barrier-heavy builds (brigands with force mage), but it doesn't hurt. 

For Warden, I think I would go with either mino or wood elf (blink is still an amazing racial, even if you can no longer use it to get through walls). It's hard to make a bad choice with the races available. For example, humans can  get an additonal 10% damage reduction (3% inherent, 7% from Armor of Faith), or simply slot more abilities -- what's more, they don't need to take Demon's Pact, which is in high demand right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Pwca said:

Gestalt shares a cooldown with Awareness, so you're really just getting Trailmaster, the perception bonus, a range cap bonus (if you decide to focus on range), and the added con/strength. Trailmaster has become less useful since the advent of pack pigs, but it sometimes makes sense to run around unmounted so you can use Awareness.  The additional con has a greater impact on barrier-heavy builds (brigands with force mage), but it doesn't hurt. 

For Warden, I think I would go with either mino or wood elf (blink is still an amazing racial, even if you can no longer use it to get through walls). It's hard to make a bad choice with the races available. For example, humans can  get an additonal 10% damage reduction (3% inherent, 7% from Armor of Faith), or simply slot more abilities -- what's more, they don't need to take Demon's Pact, which is in high demand right now.

You are mentioning barriers on the brigand, is the brigand actually more tanky/brawler than the warden, even if the warden gets mail armor? 

Im looking to find a brawling/front line class/build, but I really dont wanna play pit fighter. 

Any suggestions? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, PinkFluffyPanda said:

You are mentioning barriers on the brigand, is the brigand actually more tanky/brawler than the warden, even if the warden gets mail armor? 

Im looking to find a brawling/front line class/build, but I really dont wanna play pit fighter. 

Any suggestions? 

If you land your Faerie Traps and supplement with Force Mage, brigand can be fairly durable. I'm reluctant to use the word "tanky" because the build won't stand up to the kind of sustained or focused damage that pit fighter/battle rager/secutor will -- but then again, neither will a warden (see Nuk's post above). Mail armor has become less important since most of the health bonuses were removed. Brigand's damage is better -- and the class is a lot of fun.  You should give it a try.  The biggest problem I have with rangers right now is Gleeful Strike. Having to slot two class-based passives leaves only two (maximum) for discipline passives. Really ticks me off.

Edited by Pwca
Typos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pwca said:

If you land your Faerie Traps and supplement with Force Mage, brigand can be fairly durable. I'm reluctant to use the word "tanky" because the build won't stand up to the kind of sustained or focused damage that pit fighter/battle rager/secutor will -- but then again, neither will a warden (see Nuk's post above). Mail armor has become less important since most of the health bonuses were removed. Brigand's damage is better -- and the class is a lot of fun.  You should give it a try.  The biggest problem I have with rangers right now is Gleeful Strike. Having to slot two class-based passives leaves only two (maximum) for discipline passives. Really ticks me off.

I thought about giving the Secutor a go. My only problem is the knight have no way of self heal, like the Ranger has. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...