Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tinnis

Spirit bank - location locked (soon tm) after v5.90+

I hope a future update to recalls will make moving items to and from the crafting areas more risky.

I'm also curious if this means there will be a lot more stealthers - both hunting for valuable loot in transit and for moving valuable loot.  

@Tinnis I feel like I should be excited but all I feel is fear for some reason.

good_news_everybody_simpsons_futurama.gi

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, mandalore said:

@Tinnis I feel like I should be excited but all I feel is fear for some reason.

No more banking in their face when you ganked. No more banking while harvesting in case you get ganked. Loot drops to a local fort will need to be a frequent thing. Actually having a local fort will need to be a thing. Getting loot safely from said fort to your keep will be a whole new thing. Gankers will flourish, farmers will cry, guilds will complain about needing to provide security for their gatherers (further lowering resources gained per manhour spent); but in the same breath they'll be forming raiding parties to take the others team's stuff.

I think it's a needed change, but it'll be interesting times.

Edited by VaMei

Posted (edited)

The rise of the invisible Way station bankers.  Get another account. Make a Rat duelist.  Park them somewhere. Bank. Log out. Run gatherer there when needed. Move around some to confound foes. 

Just more hoops to jump through because risk vrs reward is so damn out of whack. 

I would much rather see 50% mats saved when killed,  so that the risk of gathering is lessened and you at least get something for your efforts before the wolves fall upon you. It is closer now to a decent system than it has ever been. But the risk of a wolf vrs a gatherer is still very very in favor of the wolf. 

Edited by srathor

They are removing the temporary conveniences at 1000% the rate they are adding the final systems that mitigate the pain those temporary systems were meant to alleviate.

I am 100% for location locked spirit banks. But without more bank space in campaign, this will just be one more frustration heaped on an ever growing pile.

11 minutes ago, srathor said:

I would much rather see 50% mats saved when killed,  so that the risk of gathering is lessened and you at least get something for your efforts before the wolves fall upon you. It is closer now to a decent system than it has ever been. But the risk of a wolf vrs a gatherer is still very very in favor of the wolf. 

Remember that different campaigns will have different looting rules. This was referenced many times in the past, and again recently. If you don't want to play in a high-risk campaign, you can choose a campaign type with lower risk.

Depending on the rules for the world where you’ve just died, some amount of your inventory may be left on your cairn. 

IhhQKY6.gif

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, srathor said:

The rise of the invisible Way station bankers.  Get another account. Make a Rat duelist.  Park them somewhere. Bank. Log out. Run gatherer there when needed. Move around some to confound foes.

People did similar things in SB.  You would make a loot scout/bard/thief (whatever rogue you wanted but I preferred scout) and log it in as you need to put stuff on it or simply loot full time on it and recall at the first sign of a fight and just get summoned back.  What will happen here is people will just log it in, transfer everything to it, log it out and repeat as needed.  Thus my relief and dismay at the banking system. 

Edited by mandalore

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

You would still need to run that 'loot only' toon from the resource gathering spot to a keep/to the temple.  No summoning (and at some point different recall mechanics)

As for more local bank space I 100% agree we need way more space. 

1 hour ago, mandalore said:

People did similar things in SB.  You would make a loot scout/bard/thief (whatever rogue you wanted but I preferred scout) and log it in as you need to put stuff on it or simply loot full time on it and recall at the first sign of a fight and just get summoned back.  What will happen here is people will just log it in, transfer everything to it, log it out and repeat as needed.  Thus my relief and dismay at the banking system. 

if they have no recall/summon ability this prevents this

Check out my youtube channel for testing gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp-AgZ6mHOVObusemDVEXoA

If the spirit bank locations are contestable locations that could help solve the issues also. Not just players owning it either enemy NPC should also attack and own the location. That way it helps prevent alt camping if you don't do away with recall/teleporting. 

Also they could make it a trade pack like system from archeage where you have to make pack in a capital/main hub and then wear the pack to the spirit bank location which then disables teleporting/recalling while wearing said pack. If you die you drop the pack and others loot it.

Check out my youtube channel for testing gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp-AgZ6mHOVObusemDVEXoA

23 minutes ago, YouTubejasonwivart said:

if they have no recall/summon ability this prevents this

It doesn't prevent it just causes us to log in the bank toon, trade everything of value to it and log it back out immediately and repeat till your done.  When you're either full or done you log it in, recall it and bank.  Run it back out if you need more.  There's no real way to prevent this, it will be how we abuse the system.  It's how we abused in the lead creators other game for 6 years of live and another 8 years of emulated Shadowbane. 

wiDfyPp.png

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, mandalore said:

When you're either full or done you log it in, recall it and bank.  Run it back out if you need more.  There's no real way to prevent this

Make recall drop a cairn with all your stuff in it.

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

Just now, Jah said:

Make recall drop a cairn with all your stuff in it.

What a punch in the hooligan that would be.  Sorry guys can't recall I have some apples. 

wiDfyPp.png

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, mandalore said:

What a punch in the hooligan that would be.  Sorry guys can't recall I have some apples. 

I do not like Recall. I'd prefer it was simply removed from the game.

Making it home safely with your loot is a fun, risky activity. Recall ruins that.

J0VCKjD.png

Edited by Jah

IhhQKY6.gif

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, mandalore said:

The ideal situation is that recall gets removed or altered in a way to stop you from abusing the system.

Edited by Vicid

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Jah said:

I do not like Recall. I'd prefer it was simply removed from the game.

If getting around the maps wasn't such a big deal I would agree.  These are the smallest maps they can make, that means some of these custards will be massive.  We need a way to recall home to defend or a better way to get around.  Traveler gates?  Flight points (but dear god make them something else)?  Something.  As long as we have to run around with no aides we need the ability to go home asap. 

Edited by mandalore

wiDfyPp.png