Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tinnis

Spirit bank - location locked (soon tm) after v5.90+

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mandalore said:

It doesn't prevent it just causes us to log in the bank toon, trade everything of value to it and log it back out immediately and repeat till your done.  When you're either full or done you log it in, recall it and bank.  Run it back out if you need more.  There's no real way to prevent this, it will be how we abuse the system.  It's how we abused in the lead creators other game for 6 years of live and another 8 years of emulated Shadowbane. 

The solution was remove recall. If there is no fast travel around the maps less abuse. 

If they do away with this and allow for temp resurrection spots that you can plant in the world it be better. Aion uses/ used kisk as personal revive spots that you could place in most spots in the world and set up as revive spots. The kisk were for short periods of time like 1-2 hours and attackable so if someone found it they could destroy it. A system like this would be nice.

 

you also have bigger and more powerful versions like a guild kisk which you can set up more players to/last longer with more hp and defense but of course costs more to craft and make... you also would really want someone or a small group defending this as if it dies then your whole guild can be screwed.

Edited by YouTubejasonwivart

Check out my youtube channel for testing gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp-AgZ6mHOVObusemDVEXoA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, mandalore said:

Traveler gates?  Flight points (but dear god make them something else)?  Something.  As long as we have to run around with no aides we need the ability to go home asap.

IMO...

Home is where you lay your head for the night, and hope it's still attached to your shoulders in the morning and your stuff is where you left it. If larger campaigns are done right, or if we're building things and we do it right, there should be waypoints near enough to important places that we're rarely extremely far from someplace to unload loot, do basic crafting & recovery, and call it a night. Temple, beachhead, home base, the embargo point, the capital, whatever it is, that can be a long way off taking a great deal of time to get there.

As the player base grows and the game grows with it, I see no reason why we should necessarily be able to wander to the far reaches of the campaign and then instantly appear at the home base on a whim. I hope the worlds are vast and filled with things that make those spaces in between places interesting. I hope it's vast enough that I never see it all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The hole "do away with recall" is kinda not a valid argument considering what's being talked about..... A cloaky toon that you off load all your goods to who will then transport to base.  Doesn't matter if recall is gone or not.  Cloaky toons are not easy to stop and can easily get goods to safety.  I have transported trillions around eve with a cloaky without a single successful gank.  Eve through bubbles.  Yes this is not eve but the point is valid.  That being said, I am ok with using cloaky toons that are hard to catch to move goods around. :):)  the mice need some advantage over that cat. :):)  

Edited by Drizzzt

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Just make it so you cant trade someone while stealthed. If im a ganker im gonna scout out a harvester prior to attacking. If your forced to unstealth to trade ill just wait till you start your trade and then engage you. That fixes the stealth bank alt issue.

Edited by Tyrannicall

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Drizzzt said:

The hole "do away with recall" is kinda not a valid argument considering what's being talked about..... A cloaky toon that you off load all your goods to who will then transport to base.  Doesn't matter if recall is gone or not.  Cloaky toons are not easy to stop and can easily get goods to safety.  I have transported trillions around eve with a cloaky without a single successful gank.  Eve through bubbles.  Yes this is not eve but the point is valid.  That being said, I am ok with using cloaky toons that are hard to catch to move goods around. :):)  the mice need some advantage over that cat. :):)  

This is false reasoning. Just because the impact of stealth on the movement of materials may need to be addressed, does not mean concerns about the impact of recall are "invalid."

They are two different mechanics that both interact with the "caravan" game loop differently. Both are valid things to be concerned about. The solution to your concerns about stealth is not to simply give up and say "oh well, may as well let people just recall their loot home."


IhhQKY6.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Jah, please, stop complaining about everything that u cant be the only one to exploit. Balance for almost 5 campaigns now havwe always have the most important resources for pvp and vesel crafting. No one bitches as much as you. Is just annoying as is tiring. We also do not complain about your spies in every faction guarding the chat or even calling our numbers, so before u complain about people using characters as banks, think about how many times u unclock a day to save your poorly made socksty mats. So stop being a child and enjoy the game you are playing.

Edited by Swalker

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Swalker said:

Jah, please, stop complaining about everything that u cant be the only one to exploit. Balance for almost 5 campaigns now havwe always have the most important resources for pvp and vesel crafting. No one bitches as much as you. Is just annoying as is tiring. We also do not complain about your spies in every faction guarding the chat or even calling our numbers, so before u complain about people using characters as banks, think about how many times u unclock a day to save your poorly made socksty mats. So stop being a child and enjoy the game you are playing.

Lol, what are you even talking about?


IhhQKY6.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎4‎/‎27‎/‎2019 at 3:34 AM, Drizzzt said:

The hole "do away with recall" is kinda not a valid argument considering what's being talked about..... A cloaky toon that you off load all your goods to who will then transport to base.  Doesn't matter if recall is gone or not.  Cloaky toons are not easy to stop and can easily get goods to safety.  I have transported trillions around eve with a cloaky without a single successful gank.  Eve through bubbles.  Yes this is not eve but the point is valid.  That being said, I am ok with using cloaky toons that are hard to catch to move goods around. :):)  the mice need some advantage over that cat. :):)  

there is suppose to be anti stealth things in the game and if you are using alt mule account that is built for stealth for example that probably means it is not geared for fighting or spec'ed that way so if they do get caught they are screwed. Its also a time thing. If a contested area is the only way to bank items in the spirit bank in the middle of the map for example then going back to home base in the safer zones/areas and loading up your mule with goods to bank will take a considerable amount of time and effort which is fine if you want to solo bank things it should be hard and time consuming. The correct way to bank things should be with groups/guilds going on runs together protecting each other and even camping the spirit bank area as a team. Ofcourse there needs to be several spirit bank locations so 1 guild/group cannot completely control the only place to bank things but that's the idea I would aim for.


Check out my youtube channel for testing gameplay https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCp-AgZ6mHOVObusemDVEXoA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, YouTubejasonwivart said:

there is suppose to be anti stealth things in the game and if you are using alt mule account that is built for stealth for example that probably means it is not geared for fighting or spec'ed that way so if they do get caught they are screwed. Its also a time thing. If a contested area is the only way to bank items in the spirit bank in the middle of the map for example then going back to home base in the safer zones/areas and loading up your mule with goods to bank will take a considerable amount of time and effort which is fine if you want to solo bank things it should be hard and time consuming. The correct way to bank things should be with groups/guilds going on runs together protecting each other and even camping the spirit bank area as a team. Ofcourse there needs to be several spirit bank locations so 1 guild/group cannot completely control the only place to bank things but that's the idea I would aim for.

I wasn't referring to an alt mule though that is possible.  As some one who has used a mobile orca base in wormholes solo for many years I can say with certainty that if your smart with your play, you can greatly reduce your risk though even the best of us get caught sometimes.  I was referring to you and your buddy where one of you is the mule and the other collects.  Yes there are ways to catch stealth players but there are also ways to avoid discovery.  Really comes down to who plays the smartest.  For me I guess a stealth toon will be my go to for all my collecting needs.  Minimize my risk.  Course I am ignoring your comment that if you aren't playing in a group, your not playing properly.  :)  more behavior control that one.  :):)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/26/2019 at 11:17 AM, Ble said:

Can I get a handful of that gold?

It's so much harder to get gold not, I would gladly take some free gold.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...