Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ebel

updates without reset

Posted (edited)

I think light effects weapons statistics are not so important at the moment it is important to make updates without full reset

for an  running game you need an update without a full reset  PLS WORK ON THAT

we loose all the time players wen we have an full reset  pls work on the bakend 

Edited by Ebel

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, Ebel said:

I think light effects weapons statistics are not so important at the moment it is important to make updates without full reset

a running game that can not update without a full reset is not acceptable

we loose all the time players wen we have an full reset  pls work on the bakend 

While I understand and agree that it can be frustrating to experience a reset, the thing is: this is not a "running game" -- this is a future game in development.

The developers have done a good job so far in trying to avoid resets (or limiting the extent). But sometimes they are simply unavoidable during testing. When the development calls for database changes, when stats change drastically and even if they just need "like-when-people-start-fro-nothing" data.

Those resets are either necessary out of technical reasons or to gather important data. If we wouldn't have them now, during testing, the final game wouldn't be what it can become.

As far as I am concerned, I prefer resets during a pre-alpha test rather than resets after the launch of the final game, just because they didn't do it before.

Everyone who tests the game right now needs to understand: What you bought is the later game. You also get (additionally and for free) immediate access to the test servers. But that's not the game. This is allowing us to take a glimpse beforehand and to share our opinions ... and them to gather data and feedback.

There are resets during testing. Thats normal. Won't change. The last reset will indicate the launch of the game. But until then ... that's it. Has been for four years now.

Expect a full or partial reset every 3 to 5 months. This has been the usual timespan within the last few years.

But rest assured that resets are not planned to happen after launch. ;) Until then...

Have fun, good luck
Kraahk

Edited by Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg

yes it is in development an an functioning update system is one of them!

an i believe it is not on the main target at the moment  

Exactely. Just like other systems that are not implemented yet, because they need other things to be done before. ACE has a history of trying to balance avoiding unnecessary work with not hurting the testers experience too much. But there is a point at which things simply need to be done and temporary convinience for testers is not (and can't be) the top priority. Would you really want them to spend a lot of time and effort on things that won't matter for the final game, just so testing is more convinient ... knowing that this would mean that launch would be even more month away? You may want to. But this question isn't new. And they said several times that they know that it can be hard for the testers, that they try to make it as smooth as possible, but that they don't want to delay the launch even more by doing things that won't contribute to the final game.

So, resets are something we need to bear with. Kann man nicht schönreden, muss man nicht mögen, ist aber nunmal so. ;)

2W1ZHpA.jpg

😂 ah is not hurting  the reset and is not hurting empty server is hurting that there are not implemented  an working update system