Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
canvox

Biggest Problem

I know this sounds stupid, but I honestly believe one of the biggest problems with the game right now is how long the map takes to open.  It also needs to not deactivate autorun when it opens.  Navigating the world is 10x worse than it has to be because checking I'm going in the right direction (something I do compulsively in other MMOs) stops my movement for 5-10s easy.

Posted (edited)

Map improvements actually would be a huge quality of life improvement. I'd like to see the following 3 things eventually.

1. North should be straight up. It would simply make the map easier to navigate using the compass.
2. The ability to right click the map and set a waypoint we can follow on our compass. These should be viewable by everyone in party.
3. I realize this one will be most controversial but I think a mini-map would be hugely preferable to tabbing in and out of the map. I'm fine with a game that has no map you can see your location on that makes you navigate by landmarks such as in Wurm Online. But if you're going to have a map that shows your location unerringly make it convenient because people are going to use such a map so having to tab in and out and in and out is just a waste of their time.

Edited by Andius

"To hell with honor. Win."

A Beginner's Guide to Crowfall (5.8.5 Edition)

2 hours ago, Andius said:

Map improvements actually would be a huge quality of life improvement. I'd like to see the following 3 things eventually.

1. North should be straight up. It would simply make the map easier to navigate using the compass.
2. The ability to right click the map and set a waypoint we can follow on our compass. These should be viewable by everyone in party.
3. I realize this one will be most controversial but I think a mini-map would be hugely preferable to tabbing in and out of the map. I'm fine with a game that has no map you can see your location on that makes you navigate by landmarks such as in Wurm Online. But if you're going to have a map that shows your location unerringly make it convenient because people are going to use such a map so having to tab in and out and in and out is just a waste of their time.

While we are on the topic of navigation, can we have diff symbols for each member of the group, or colors.. every one being a blue diamond makes using them for coordination kinda pointless.

On ‎4‎/‎28‎/‎2019 at 3:04 AM, oneply said:

Turn the map so grid is readable. Make compass circular instead of linear. Thanks

Great suggestion!! In all seriousness that would really help!

On 5/4/2019 at 10:13 PM, Randrik said:

Great suggestion!! In all seriousness that would really help!

As you know randrik i am working on our interactive maps atm and i can't even tell you how f... up the ingame map is.

First of all, the angles aren't even, the map perspective is off by ~1degree, the grid is underneath the elevated ground so all tiles are way off the grid and you just have to "guess" where a tile belongs to. 

Second, why on earth choose a 40° base angle, instead of 30/120/30 (isometric&orthagonal) without perspective, this way you don't get the annoying stretch that NOBODY wants when reading a map.

Who on earth thinks it's a good idea to look at a map that has sense of depth?

https://pasteboard.co/Ie50Qrh.png

https://pasteboard.co/Ie51tMI.png

I am working with my GIS server so my guildmembers will soon have a fantasy map they deserve, atm getting the art pipline running to make sense out of this mess of a map. I am very sorry for those harsh words but this map is the worst i have ever encountered, be it real life or in gaming.

logo_v2_banner.png

4 hours ago, gerrylix said:

I am very sorry for those harsh words but this map is the worst i have ever encountered, be it real life or in gaming.

It is difficult not to be harsh in the face of incompetence. I thought you were quite nice.

On 4/27/2019 at 6:23 PM, Andius said:

I agree with points 1 and 2.  I'm only quoting because I disagree on point 3.  When you're in a combat or battle situation, looking at your map means sacrificing your environmental awareness.  Having a minimap mitigates that tension.  Even while ranging, you want to be careful where and for how long you examine your map to avoid being sneak attacked.  That said, I would not be opposed to enabling a minimap as part of a discipline.  It makes sense for players who want to be a dedicated scout have an awareness advantage at the cost of other functionality.