Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fuggeroffuggington

Emu Wiping/launching 1.5 March 7Th

The PvP can still be fun, sure it can't replace the old days, sure they changed some poorly made socks that makes me smh, but the core and feel's there, and being able to play something as a guild/nation with old friends is worth the other hogwash. Nothing else to do as a group till CF alpha/beta starts up.

We are using it as a chance for us to gel again, and work on communications ect. We are all older, and need to shake the rust off. Not gonna do that in WoW pvp :P

Crowfall%20Fei.png

~Black Aria IC~

Well truthfully neither MB or Emu is Shadowbane, nor will they ever be. But for those who are still interested in the PvP and having a little fun, it's all we got, there is NOTHING else to do. *shrugs* So rather than sit and twiddle thumbs waiting on CF, people choose to try and have a little old school fun.

Shadowbane, Goofybane, whatevs you want to call it. Beats doing nothing and beats sitting around thinking about how great the past was. (ie: original SB was broke as hell to if people want to get technical)

Crowfall%20Fei.png

~Black Aria IC~

Sounds like you've never played MB if you're going to say MB is as far away from shadowbane as sbemu is. Classic sbemu defense "MagicBane isn't the real SB either." If they're poking fun at sbemu, they're more than likely playing magicbane and not sitting around reminiscing. Just don't bring 11 toons to a mine fight or you'll lock up the server.

I was recently on MB, it's a fairly dead server, sure it's closer to original SB, but I'd rather deal with a few goofy changes with a much higher population than play on a dead server with devs who have been MIA for months.

Crowfall%20Fei.png

~Black Aria IC~

I was recently on MB, it's a fairly dead server, sure it's closer to original SB, but I'd rather deal with a few goofy changes with a much higher population than play on a dead server with devs who have been MIA for months.

You must not have been on MB recently as the pop has gone way up with the IP banning of CN and the devs are back and fixing bugs every day.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

You must not have been on MB recently as the pop has gone way up with the IP banning of CN and the devs are back and fixing bugs every day.

To each his own, don't have to agree. I'm sure MB is ok in it's own right if you like 5v5 fighting. When the server wipes we'll see, if it ever wipes, again the one's who can do that are MIA.

Till then, gotta go where the pop is, more pvp chances. :/ I'm in no way advocating Emu, don't get me wrong. All in all both are poorly made socks compared to original.

Crowfall%20Fei.png

~Black Aria IC~

To each his own, don't have to agree. I'm sure MB is ok in it's own right if you like 5v5 fighting. When the server wipes we'll see, if it ever wipes, again the one's who can do that are MIA.

Till then, gotta go where the pop is, more pvp chances. :/ I'm in no way advocating Emu, don't get me wrong. All in all both are poorly made socks compared to original.

1. You're on a server that historically hasn't been able to handle a 50vs50. And MB is the 5v5 server? lmao. right.

2. The one's who can wipe are MIA? Olga's been back for 4 days so far fixing bugs.

3. Where the pop is? How would you know. You can check pop on magicbane at any time.

4. Sure, this weekend that's where the pop is going to be. Everyone loves a good wipe.

5. I'd say magicbane's stability is better than live when it comes to banes.

Regardless, you stick with your cup of tea. Sbemu isn't my cup of tea. Mostly because I don't like pieces of shlt in my tea.

1. You're on a server that historically hasn't been able to handle a 50vs50. And MB is the 5v5 server? lmao. right.

2. The one's who can wipe are MIA? Olga's been back for 4 days so far fixing bugs.

3. Where the pop is? How would you know. You can check pop on magicbane at any time.

4. Sure, this weekend that's where the pop is going to be. Everyone loves a good wipe.

5. I'd say magicbane's stability is better than live when it comes to banes.

Regardless, you stick with your cup of tea. Sbemu isn't my cup of tea. Mostly because I don't like pieces of shlt in my tea.

Again, to each his own. I wasn't aware Olga was back, but 4 days compared to the months they was missing. As I said if it wipes that's a different story. Still not impressed with it's population as of right now. I'll play on either one that our guys want to play on. Emu was chosen because it's wiping, and again, that's where everyone will be. I'm not getting into the politics of which one is better, again, both are poorly made socks. But it's all we got to do.

Crowfall%20Fei.png

~Black Aria IC~

To each his own? You blab out random facts about what you heard and to each his own? You could just shut up and say "sbemu, it's kinda my thing" instead of spending post after post making false assumptions about a project and going the extra mile to try and bury it. Have a good weekend.

To each his own? You blab out random facts about what you heard and to each his own? You could just shut up and say "sbemu, it's kinda my thing" instead of spending post after post making false assumptions about a project and going the extra mile to try and bury it. Have a good weekend.

Not trying to bury anything, you said it's your cup of tea. If you like playing there, then play there. Don't get so defensive.

What I stated was, atm, the population does indeed suck. I'm sure it will "fix" itself when/if they wipe. GJ for them ip banning CN as well. I know it was hard for the 30 or so total NA players to get together and fight them. They did what they had to do.

It's also a fact the devs that matter, were missing for months. Doesn't seem very impressionable that they give a s hit when they vanish like that for unknown reasons. Always a good sign.

To each his own, if you want that kind of server, go for it. Nobody is saying not to, you are getting all defensive over nothing. I'm sure things will get better on MagicBane. It is closer to SB. Emu made some wonderful changes. Both are s hit compared to live. You are arguing and bitching over nothing.

Edited by Khazzeron

Crowfall%20Fei.png

~Black Aria IC~

You just can't give up can you? I give you an out and you want to just keep going. And what do you assume the pop is on Magicbane?

And it's magicbane's ball, they want to ban the Chinese, it's their choice. But 30 actives routinely fighting 100 actives wasn't a good time. On your server, the Chinese made a cute little holiday truce. No such thing on MB. We were fighting to keep cities from 100 actives that chose to wake up at 5 am to box characters and fight over 10 banes at the same time on Thanksgiving and New Year's Eve. Our response wasn't to make sentinels bomb 60 players, nerf resists, nerf meat, and make aoes hit for more targets. That'll back fire. But no tears for them. You get the pop boost from them. Enjoy.

Yeah, they had family issues and they disappeared for months. In the meantime, there were no game crushing bugs. No one had to put up with mobs disappearing and a crap ton of other bugs that sbemu has had to put up with. Our admins were GONE and the game still ran better than the one where the admins were there! You know your game is good when you can disappear for months and have no major issues.

So, continue say I'm getting defensive over nothing while post after post is you on the offensive. I'll be here until 4pm. Keep me entertained.

MB is an odd amalgamation of different periods of live. Not saying that is bad but it isn't like SB was at any period of it.

One thing that MB did do very well was the latency for casters/ranged. One of the issues I did see when playing over there was that sync was pretty messy. That being said, SBemu's sync issues on the last test phase before the most recent one was super messy. The lag did seem to be better.

The odd thing about SBemu is that it actually used to be pretty stable. They were moving along well about 3 phases where we were having banes with lots of characters on the screen. Then the DCing issue started to show up and the fixes for that spawned awful lag once you got up above 20 v 20 which was just ridiculous.

I haven't played enough on either to say what it is like currently with any sort of certainty but MB definitely was the more stable vs SBemu at the time I actually was playing a bit on MB.

Ultimately, I'll be giving SBemu a go on this one. We'll see how the stability holds up after not playing much in a while.

C4sIZDW.gif

You just can't give up can you? I give you an out and you want to just keep going. And what do you assume the pop is on Magicbane?

And it's magicbane's ball, they want to ban the Chinese, it's their choice. But 30 actives routinely fighting 100 actives wasn't a good time. On your server, the Chinese made a cute little holiday truce. No such thing on MB. We were fighting to keep cities from 100 actives that chose to wake up at 5 am to box characters and fight over 10 banes at the same time on Thanksgiving and New Year's Eve. Our response wasn't to make sentinels bomb 60 players, nerf resists, nerf meat, and make aoes hit for more targets. That'll back fire. But no tears for them. You get the pop boost from them. Enjoy.

Yeah, they had family issues and they disappeared for months. In the meantime, there were no game crushing bugs. No one had to put up with mobs disappearing and a crap ton of other bugs that sbemu has had to put up with. Our admins were GONE and the game still ran better than the one where the admins were there! You know your game is good when you can disappear for months and have no major issues.

So, continue say I'm getting defensive over nothing while post after post is you on the offensive. I'll be here until 4pm. Keep me entertained.

Oh lord. I'm glad to see the art of spinning things did not die with Shadowbane. I'm not going to get into a flame war of MB vs Emu. Again, both are s hit. Have fun on MB, I'm sure it's magical and stuff there. If the population swings that way I'm sure we'll go. No need to white knight MB anymore today.

Crowfall%20Fei.png

~Black Aria IC~

MB is an odd amalgamation of different periods of live. Not saying that is bad but it isn't like SB was at any period of it.

One thing that MB did do very well was the latency for casters/ranged. One of the issues I did see when playing over there was that sync was pretty messy. That being said, SBemu's sync issues on the last test phase before the most recent one was super messy. The lag did seem to be better.

The odd thing about SBemu is that it actually used to be pretty stable. They were moving along well about 3 phases where we were having banes with lots of characters on the screen. Then the DCing issue started to show up and the fixes for that spawned awful lag once you got up above 20 v 20 which was just ridiculous.

I haven't played enough on either to say what it is like currently with any sort of certainty but MB definitely was the more stable vs SBemu at the time I actually was playing a bit on MB.

Ultimately, I'll be giving SBemu a go on this one. We'll see how the stability holds up after not playing much in a while.

Agreed, the sync issues are one of my biggest gripes. They said they "fixed" some of the sync issues, so we will see come this weekend.

Crowfall%20Fei.png

~Black Aria IC~

I encounter no sync issues in MB. Starfish said somewhere that 1.5 launch a lot of the lag issues and sync issues have been worked on. We will see tomorrow. 

As always I have preferred owned noobs on both servers. 

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

I encounter no sync issues in MB. Starfish said somewhere that 1.5 launch a lot of the lag issues and sync issues have been worked on. We will see tomorrow. 

As always I have preferred owned noobs on both servers. 

I'll agree to the sync issues on MB. Melee sync is bad if you're directly behind the player. But you shouldn't be able to alt-tab, Cntrl A a mino, and alt-tab back to whatever you want while the mino does the job for you. You have to get to the side or ahead of your target to melee. Not realistic I guess, but it's not a win button either. Supposedly the way it was on live.

Most of the sync issues i had were fighting the Chinese. Mostly on a scout vs scout as they'll be right in front of me and next thing I know they're magically out of bow range as their character skipped half of a screen in front of me. I don't main a melee, so not huge experience with those sync issues.

Where's the spin? If your head is dizzy from my post, control your neck.

You got those pop numbers I was asking for?

There was 84 on about 3 days ago when we was testing out a server live spec group. Real impressive. :rolleyes:

Though I guess asking for 200-300 stable pop is asking to much this day and age. But whatevs, enjoy your MAGICbane.

Crowfall%20Fei.png

~Black Aria IC~

Yeah fighting he CHinese always suck. And during those TA banes where the server would go apepoorly made socks shortly before bane live. 

There was 84 on about 3 days ago when we was testing out a server live spec group. Real impressive. :rolleyes:

Though I guess asking for 200-300 stable pop is asking to much this day and age. But whatevs, enjoy your MAGICbane.

MB does have a 200-300 population, 

SWrkfdj.jpg