Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fuggeroffuggington

Emu Wiping/launching 1.5 March 7Th

Yeah fighting he CHinese always suck. And during those TA banes where the server would go apepoorly made socks shortly before bane live. 

MB does have a 200-300 population, 

Well maybe I was on at a bad time then, 3 days ago at around 6 pm CEST it was nowhere near that.

Crowfall%20Fei.png

~Black Aria IC~

Keep in mind, I am talking about the sync in MB from months ago. I haven't played any SB for a bit so it may have improved since then. It was just really bad when I was at some banes/mines with WM.

It is a small snapshot of the whole but that is one thing that really stuck out to me.

Also I hated the low hp bulwarks. But that was just a balance choice I suppose.

C4sIZDW.gif

I haven't played any SB for a bit so it may have improved since then. It was just really bad when I was at some banes/mines with WM.

THATS BECAUSE WE CHEAT, HACK, DUPE, AND LOOP.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Ah, so the other guys must have been cheating, hacking, looping, and duping. 

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

There was 84 on about 3 days ago when we was testing out a server live spec group. Real impressive. :rolleyes:

Though I guess asking for 200-300 stable pop is asking to much this day and age. But whatevs, enjoy your MAGICbane.

Are you Euro? And I wouldn't say MB has 200-300 pop. That's just been my experience. I did a lua_netstat last night and there were 60 toons just in one spot. What's sbemu's numbers then? You guys still rocking that giant Dalogth map? Seen the new map, too. I'm not sure what the purpose of that weird map is. Starfish implementing pirate ships? All that ocean....(just noticed they changed the map again? ugh, seriously good luck)

It was me.

Are you Euro? And I wouldn't say MB has 200-300 pop. That's just been my experience. I did a lua_netstat last night and there were 60 toons just in one spot. What's sbemu's numbers then? You guys still rocking that giant Dalogth map? Seen the new map, too. I'm not sure what the purpose of that weird map is. Starfish implementing pirate ships? All that ocean....(just noticed they changed the map again? ugh, seriously good luck)

PvP newb island brah

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Keep in mind, I am talking about the sync in MB from months ago. I haven't played any SB for a bit so it may have improved since then. It was just really bad when I was at some banes/mines with WM.

It is a small snapshot of the whole but that is one thing that really stuck out to me.

Also I hated the low hp bulwarks. But that was just a balance choice I suppose.

What was the hp of bulwarks on live?

Yeah fighting he CHinese always suck. And during those TA banes where the server would go apepoorly made socks shortly before bane live. 

MB does have a 200-300 population, 

I noticed it's 200-300 at best during US primetime. But if you don't play for the 4 or so hours of primetime, you're poorly made socks out of luck. So if you're euro, aussie, a late nighter.. you're screwed. But even then a 200-300 population for 4-6 hours a day on a mapset designed for thousands and thousands of players isn't great. And I suppose that's part of why both emus kinda suck in that regard.

But they both have different flavours to offer and strengths. I think people should play on both really. And yeah some EMU changes are dumb, but some other ones are actually pretty good like noob isle. Wish they'd put the projects together or something, it'd be a lot better then.

Edited by taroskin

Crazy Talk co-co-co-gl

Guardians of Moonforest fangirl

I dunno. The mass of CN scouts are annoying. 

SWrkfdj.jpg

What was the hp of bulwarks on live?

Depends on what period you are talking about. But late I believe they were at 125k.

They had much less earlier on in the life of SB.

They were 44k on MB last I checked which led to them just getting melted by any force of any significance.

C4sIZDW.gif

Depends on what period you are talking about. But late I believe they were at 125k.

They had much less earlier on in the life of SB.

They were 44k on MB last I checked which led to them just getting melted by any force of any significance.

They are 110k on MB at the moment. 

SWrkfdj.jpg

Yeah, I've seen the New Haven Isle video. Fell asleep half way through it. Just when I thought maybe I could get behind at least one change, i read that all rogues get detect hidden. Then I punched myself in the face.

I played around with it and its not as bad as it would seem. I was never one for the scout bane thing for non-mines and banes. Being able to play a Nightstalker, Huntress or Ranger and not have to worry about botting a scout or always bringing a scout to actually achieve something is nice - and you can play fighters now pretty decently. So yea I count that as one of the good changes too. The AOE changes are ones I'm most worried about.

The noob is pretty nice tho.

Edited by taroskin

Crazy Talk co-co-co-gl

Guardians of Moonforest fangirl

@Phylor, they're 40k when they're building. They're 100kish when built (not going to run out to a bulwark just for that).

@taroskin The thing about scouts with detect hidden is you were able to choose your battles. You're a scout. You go, and you scout. If a huntress was nearby, all they could do was smack talk you into coming out. There's some skill (well that's up for debate I guess) in claiming a mine and then when someone brings a huntress to claim a mine because they could kill a scout but a scout could bleed the huntress, stealth, and keep the huntress from claiming the mine. Why? Because it's not a solo game. The huntress could either log on a scout or call a friend that's a scout. The scout could vamp summon another player. Etc, etc. It's about balance and playing a game with friends. Not nerfing a class's main purpose just because someone either a) couldn't handle a scout or B) didn't have any friends. I'm not going to debate CRT changes because I'll be banned and blue in the face. But regardless, Wolfpack spent years making balance changes that are upset in less than six months because someone on the CRT fails at PvP. Too late. I'm blue in the face.

TL;DR: A scout's advantage is that they can scout. Now any rogue is a scout. RIP scout.

You overestimate the amount of influence the CRT have over the SBEmu. 

Edit: Overestimate

Edited by checkyotrack

SWrkfdj.jpg

@Phylor, they're 40k when they're building. They're 100kish when built (not going to run out to a bulwark just for that).

Yes, they apparently fixed it. They only had 44k when fully built when I was at banes there. It was miserable.

The CRT has some influence but Check is also accurate as well. It isn't as much influence as you would like to see. It was one of the problems with the advocate system and why it kind of fell apart.

We'd discuss something, come up with some decent ideas then the idea would come back totally different than what was talked about.

This problem seems to be less common than it was though a few months ago but I haven't been all that active on there recently either so I may be totally wrong on that.

C4sIZDW.gif

Yes, they apparently fixed it. They only had 44k when fully built when I was at banes there. It was miserable.

The CRT has some influence but Check is also accurate as well. It isn't as much influence as you would like to see. It was one of the problems with the advocate system and why it kind of fell apart.

We'd discuss something, come up with some decent ideas then the idea would come back totally different than what was talked about.

This problem seems to be less common than it was though a few months ago but I haven't been all that active on there recently either so I may be totally wrong on that.

Starfish is never going to allow anybody else to make decisions.  SBemu is his playground and you all need to know he is the biggest kid in that playground. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png