Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
fuggeroffuggington

Emu Wiping/launching 1.5 March 7Th

Useless feature on a giant map. I already have enough runes and gold. Been going to banes and mine fights with a few disc runes and a few 100k out of boredom.

what does your abundance of stuff have to do with junking rules on a different server? First part was a decent point tho, if you can't find anyone to kill it doesn't matter. Edited by dreaden

just curious here...

is it as moral imperative that MB folks have to always jump into every EMU conversation and start waving epeens around?

i've not seen the reverse, i may have missed it

i play no favorites here...i think both emu and mb have turned out to be worthless to me....but it is something i've noticed here on the CF forums

thanks in advance...

FIQw0eP.png

let the Code build the World and it's Laws....let the Players build the rest...

is it as moral imperative that MB folks have to always jump into every EMU conversation and start waving epeens around?

It is a moral imperative for Shadowbane players everywhere to jump in and start waving their e-peens around.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

just curious here...

i've not seen the reverse, i may have missed it

i play no favorites here...i think both emu and mb have turned out to be worthless to me....but it is something i've noticed here on the CF forums

thanks in advance...

Pretty much. As I said neither is going to bring back original SB, and it's sad that the community who does play is split up and hating on each other. Most of us are still trying to get that last bit of fun out of SB, before CF, before we lose SB forever. *shrugs*

Crowfall%20Fei.png

~Black Aria IC~

It was actually terrible to play this.  If you're not a Neph Warlock, you're a severe disadvantage magically.  Stack resists on one and you can counter both range and melee.  Scoutbane is dead but the terrors in the skys are still among us.  The rogue classes are nigh useless most of them unless you find those idiot soloers because of changes to Sneak.  Reminds me of how useless Witch Sight was only with a class-defining trait.  Changes made to attack rating even made defense builds a bad choice now, and no one even plays Vampires unless they're a Scout for the summon rune because of nerfs to drains.

I think it's clear that Starfish favors a spell-based game and has done well to shutdown builds that potentially give them a hard time.  Banes are still the same at least.  Dwarf Priests, Minotaur Warriors, and tons and tons of Thieves.

It was actually terrible to play this.  If you're not a Neph Warlock, you're a severe disadvantage magically.  Stack resists on one and you can counter both range and melee.  Scoutbane is dead but the terrors in the skys are still among us.  The rogue classes are nigh useless most of them unless you find those idiot soloers because of changes to Sneak.  Reminds me of how useless Witch Sight was only with a class-defining trait.  Changes made to attack rating even made defense builds a bad choice now, and no one even plays Vampires unless they're a Scout for the summon rune because of nerfs to drains.

I think it's clear that Starfish favors a spell-based game and has done well to shutdown builds that potentially give them a hard time.  Banes are still the same at least.  Dwarf Priests, Minotaur Warriors, and tons and tons of Thieves.

I think you and I have different ideas of "terrible", but to each their own.

Playing Shadowbane for multiple days on a server that didn't crash or lag even a little, with over a 1000 people, with classes that have brand new powers, and getting to PK on newbie island for obscene amounts of exp, was fantastically awesome.

There are always balance issues; welcome to games.  But terrible?  Nah. :)

Edited by alestorm

Alestorm MWH, Member of Mithril Warhammers since 2003,

Hammers High! http://www.mithrilwarhammers.com

Combat was disabled for a better part of the server up. Other than not being able to fight mobs or players, I heard it was a smooth server. LMAO

Hmm, the only combat that was disabled when I played was the Newb island PVP, and that was just for part of the first day so that it wasn't an absolute massacre with 1000 people leveling at r1/r2.  There's been no issues I've experienced whatsoever with PVE combat since server up, besides the odd bugged mob that won't respawn.

Anyway, it's been fun.  It works, it's free, it's got shiny new things.  Perhaps I have more reasonable expectations than most for free content.

I actually hadn't played SbEmu since the very first beta server stress launch which was abysmal.  It was beta so I couldn't fault them much at that time though. Compared to that this launch was like a dream.

@headlight - Now that you mention it there have been a few reports of people getting killed by players they can't see or target which was pissing people off, but I was under the impression it was a small issue.  Not sure how widespread it is.

@headlight - Now that you mention it there have been a few reports of people getting killed by players they can't see or target which was pissing people off, but I was under the impression it was a small issue.  Not sure how widespread it is.

Very widespread, happens almost constantly in my guild.  If you multibox you can see it even more often, sucks when your healer WHO IS GROUPED WITH YOU AND FOLLOWING YOU THE ENTIRE TIME cannot target or see you to heal or buff.  It definitely has to do with packet failures.  Rather than resending the request like a normal server would, causing more stress on the server, the packet is lost entirely allowing for a "smooth server" and numerous invisible enemies.

Fishbane changes and unplayable banes finally killed the SB spark for me but 3 or 4 QFT are playing and reports are it was the smoothest server up anyone has ever experienced.  

The reason its smooth is because rather than lagging out your game, the client simply desyncs and people/world fail to update.  This results in invisible people murdering you because they aren't loading into the client.

Sounds like a miserable failure in attempting to fix the lag issue.

You are so incredibly helpful, CYT. I don't know how I ever managed to do anything before we met. I was just bumbling my way through life, all lost-like. Thank you. My blessing cup runneth over.

SWrkfdj.jpg

Are a lot of folks in your guild multi-boxing?  I wasn't able to MB with this client because I kept SB.exe'ing.  Figured maybe they'd put in something to prevent it, or if not that than there was an obvious issues trying to do it so I stopped.  Might have something to do with the issues.

I've had literally zero issues like this with the client - there has to be some variable differentiating a solid, smooth experience from an awful one where you get murdered by invisible people.

Edited by alestorm

My guess is they patched their client so people can't play MB at all on it. Can't switch back and forth between the emu's. From what I heard, they were legally okay with doing an emulator as long as they didn't touch the client which was the copyrighted part. But idk.

No idea why you would sb.exe only on MB. Probably the same reason you have no complaints about sbemu.