Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Entron

Getting more people to interact with the #warstories tag.

My idea was one to do with community engagement for the Devs, who have been trying really hard to get people to tweet @ them with their #warstories tag. If they took the warstories and made them into small comic strips, say a page long, that'd give people some real incentive to send in their warstories. The comics wouldn't even need to be colourised or anything, just the fact that people are getting their stories posted on Crowfall's social media and having them turned into something that becomes a mainstay of the game will make people feel like they're contributing to the overall community, rather than just sending in bug reports and asking questions on livestreams. It'd give people an opportunity to have their tale immortalised in the archives of the crowfall universe/website. 

I understand the Devs are under a lot of stress with deadlines and the development of the game, but as a post launch activity, or even as a beta activity as a trial of the system, i feel it'd really have a positive effect on how the community interacts with the game as a whole. 

Posted (edited)

There are plenty of people interacting with the tag. ACE is just highly selective about which ones adequately represent the branding narrative they want to push with this campaign. This is a marketing device first, and "the history of crowfall" second.

If you want a few tips on how to get a #warstories feature or RT:

* Your war story must paint crowfall in a favorable light. Don't bring up failings of the software or design as those are bad looks for marketing purposes.

* Your war story must not include any questionable language or defamation of other players or guilds. The appearance of a toxic community is not good for marketing buzz.

* Your war story must involve core throne war mechanics or objectives. Farming and harvesting are not exciting and a poor fit for the branding narrative of action based throne war.

* Your war story must have value in attracting new players to the game. If you're displaying smaller groups in triumph against larger groups, exciting teamwork with lots of players that would be accessible to noobs, Interesting interactions with random players, etc. you're far more likely to get a feature.

The quality of your story as a narrative is not important. What is important is how useful it is as a tool to attract new players to the game. Videos, especially those of people who sound very excited and engaged are really good for this purpose. If your #warstory isn't useful for marketing buzz, to get outsiders hyped about the game, it is probably going to be far less likely to be featured.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

I only have one true warstory. The moment I mentioned it in discord, JAH made a meme out of my quote.

So, yeah, i kind of agree.

On the other hand, even side-comments can become an official warstory, if the community itself is as attentive and active as @Jah is ... or at least tries to get there. And i still believe we can. Just participate - any way that seems to be right for you. Suprise others. Be surprised. ;)

2W1ZHpA.jpg

Honestly, i think this warstory event is happening way to early (it is a nice idea). The game is still in pre-Alpha and there is not much to do or players online to create interesting warstories in my opinion. I think we get more warstories when the game is released, now it is just the same people lurking around etc.

One Ring to Rule them all, One Ring to Find them, One Ring to bring them all an in the darkness and bind them.

4 minutes ago, Kreigon said:

Honestly, i think this warstory event is happening way to early (it is a nice idea). The game is still in pre-Alpha and there is not much to do or players online to create interesting warstories in my opinion. I think we get more warstories when the game is released, now it is just the same people lurking around etc.

I said the same thing when they started collecting guild spotlight submissions before guilds even existed as an ingame concept.

There's a critical disconnect between the state of the game and the state of the marketing of the game, and there has been pretty much for the duration of this project.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"