Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vesperre

Buying and Selling of Accounts?

Hi,

EULA is tldr; so does Artcraft condone the selling and buying of backer accounts?  If so can people advertise on this forum? (seems like the logically place to do so).   I'm just curious, don't rake me over the coals.

Vesp.

They have some kind of trusted traders thing set up where only a few people are allowed to sell them.  You should tag a dev and ask them.  I suggest pann or ace_jackal.

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

1 minute ago, mandalore said:

They have some kind of trusted traders thing set up where only a few people are allowed to sell them.  You should tag a dev and ask them.  I suggest pann or ace_jackal.

Cool.  I was just wondering if they are against it  (for obvious reasons).  I know there are several players that didn't know what they we're getting into and wanted to unload  their accounts.   I'm not one of them but I'll be willing to pick up another account that someone doesn't want.

23 minutes ago, Vesperre said:

Cool.  I was just wondering if they are against it  (for obvious reasons).  I know there are several players that didn't know what they we're getting into and wanted to unload  their accounts.   I'm not one of them but I'll be willing to pick up another account that someone doesn't want.

You can't sell an account once it has been used.

You are allowed to sell or trade unredeemed packages and other elements of those packages. Basically anything that shows up under the "gifting" section of your account page.

If these people you know have actually used these accounts to log in to the game they can not trade or sell them as they have already been redeemed.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

2 minutes ago, PopeUrban said:

You can't sell an account once it has been used.

You are allowed to sell or trade unredeemed packages and other elements of those packages. Basically anything that shows up under the "gifting" section of your account page.

If these people you know have actually used these accounts to log in to the game they can not trade or sell them as they have already been redeemed.

Interesting thanks for the info.

@Vesperre Let me clarify a bit:
You cannot sell your account (that whole thing you log into).

You can sell a retired backer pack (the bundled pledge package you bought, of which an account can have multiple), but only to certified Trusted Traders. Retired backer packs are any packs which we sold in the past but no longer sell. We do, however, allow gifting of any backer packs and other entitlements to anyone. There's a Gifting FAQ you can check out for more information.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Vesperre said:

Hi,

EULA is tldr; so does Artcraft condone the selling and buying of backer accounts?  If so can people advertise on this forum? (seems like the logically place to do so).   I'm just curious, don't rake me over the coals.

Vesp.

There have been several answers up to now. I will add one, based on what I (believe to) know.

Selling or sharing an "account" is GENERALLY illegal. You can transfer your backer rewards to other accounts via the gifting system, though. Like a bundled backer bundle or pre-sale package.

"Basically", selling those bundles/packages is prohibited, too. It is especially forbidden to trade them via the services provided by the responsible companies (ACE/Travian/4Game, depending on the country).

One of the usual terms (to be found in the rules) would be:

"Post any messages to, or otherwise attempt via any of the XXX Services (or otherwise) to trade or sell physical or digital Merchandise, such as characters, resources, game credits or other accrued game benefits offered by XXX for real-world currencies, except where specifically allowed by XXX."

With two exceptions.

a) The trusted traders, regarding retired bundles/packages. You may not advertise via the game services, but you can contact them directly (anshex and markeedragon)
b) "Except where specifically allowed".You may need to dig a bit to find such exceptions, it may depend on the country, and it may depend on the time you agreed to the terms. Again, you still may not advertise via the game services (like ingame or the forums).

Anyhow, buying/selling bundles/packages is not "generally" forbidden. But you better know what you do, before you do it. Unless you are willing to go full risk. (Which i wouldn't recommend ... Nobody needs lovely money to be transformed into a multiple ban. So, take care ... stay sober.)

Edit: Why has Jack always to be faster? Huh? 😕

Edited by Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg

15 minutes ago, ACE_JackalBark said:

@Vesperre Let me clarify a bit:
You cannot sell your account (that whole thing you log into).

You can sell a retired backer pack (the bundled pledge package you bought, of which an account can have multiple), but only to certified Trusted Traders. Retired backer packs are any packs which we sold in the past but no longer sell. We do, however, allow gifting of any backer packs and other entitlements to anyone. There's a Gifting FAQ you can check out for more information.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks for the info.  However, I'm looking to buy not sell hehe.  Just wondering if this was an option for people who didn't feel like the game was what they expected.  Me?  I'm just looking for a account to level necromancy.  Might have to wait for the next sale.

40 minutes ago, Vesperre said:

Thanks for the info.  However, I'm looking to buy not sell hehe.  Just wondering if this was an option for people who didn't feel like the game was what they expected.  Me?  I'm just looking for a account to level necromancy.  Might have to wait for the next sale.

No problem! Since we don't support selling backer packs privately, you also wouldn't be able to buy one privately. But the Trusted Traders have those available for sale. Or you can wait for the next sale in our store. ;)

I actually like that this is only done through the trusted traders, as they are "trusted" and there is no worry or concern about someone taking someones money and not giving them the item or backer reward.

Tai