Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_FancyHats

5.90 Snap Test Feedback and Bug Reports for 4/30/19

You can download the TEST client here.

5.90 Patch Notes and Known Issues

After your playtest session, please share your feedback here and tell us about any bugs or anomalies you encountered.

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs, or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to support@crowfall.com. 

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

Posted (edited)

Combos feel bad in the new controller.  On combos, you can't start the second (or third) move in the combo until after the animation for the previous move has finished, but the timer for the second (or third) combo starts the moment the first action's key is pressed. It results in us having a really short amount of time to hit the combo, especially since the game ignores keyboard input during the animation instead of queuing it.

Knight block locks my character out of any other action for 30s.  Can't do anything but move.  No jumping, no powers of any kind.

Gold is now worth less than it was in terms of xp.  From 1-20 on a white vessel, 3g = ~1xp.   From 21-30 it's 5g = ~1xp.  I am scared to see what it's like for epic vessels.   You're making it harder and harder for us to level, to get to the point where the game is fun.  Why do you think we need to play a long term PvE grindfest to get to the PvP?

Edited by Durenthal

18 minutes ago, Durenthal said:

Combos feel bad in the new controller.  On combos, you can't start the second (or third) move in the combo until after the animation for the previous move has finished, but the timer for the second (or third) combo starts the moment the first action's key is pressed. It results in us having a really short amount of time to hit the combo, especially since the game ignores keyboard input during the animation instead of queuing it.

Knight block locks my character out of any other action for 30s.  Can't do anything but move.  No jumping, no powers of any kind.

Gold is now worth less than it was in terms of xp.  From 1-20 on a white vessel, 3g = ~1xp.   From 21-30 it's 5g = ~1xp.  I am scared to see what it's like for epic vessels.   You're making it harder and harder for us to level, to get to the point where the game is fun.  Why do you think we need to play a long term PvE grindfest to get to the PvP?

Sounds like something with the input queuing broke. 
The Knight Block is already fixed, all channeled powers will have this problem on the build you are on.
Epic / Legendary vessels gain 0 XP from common quality items.(of which gold is)
This is why we have been adding green/blue/purp sacrifice items into the loot tables.

Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook

13 minutes ago, thomasblair said:

This is why we have been adding green/blue/purp sacrifice items into the loot tables.

Is the intent for us to stockpile them before we level? Will Excess from leveling carry over?

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Posted (edited)

Ability flare from mole hunter not giving me a area to target. like before there was those orange lines they are not showing up for me

Edit to be more clear. when you click ability the ground target doesnt show. When you click it twice the flare will still go down.

Edited by Drewcifer
be more clear and add the ability name

Also the combo do seem a little clunky. specially on templar with longer animations. Also if you want to cancel a combo with a ability takes a bit to long

26 minutes ago, Staff said:

why tho

Ultimately so everyone follows the progression path out of God's Reach and into the campaigns to level those higher quality vessels.
With gold being the fastest and easiest way to level a quality vessel no one really cares about all the other XP drops in game.

Thomas Blair
Follow us on Twitter 

Posted (edited)

c7vA2OL.pngMy cooldown for treys got stuck at this point. and stays there no matter how many times i switch treys or use abilitys

using my parry combo on templar is what getting it stuck looks like was able to get it like that 3 times

Edited by Drewcifer
got it stuck couple times now with combo

7 minutes ago, Drewcifer said:

c7vA2OL.pngMy cooldown for treys got stuck at this point. and stays there no matter how many times i switch treys or use abilitys

Do you remember what you did right before this happened? Also what class?

Thomas Blair
Follow us on Twitter 

Posted (edited)

just updated post looks like rightous parry combo

Seems like spamming a ability for the combo is what did it. this time also it randomly fixed itself

second update it seems random. Drakanowow got it on his stream also. It also self corrects sometimes

Edited by Drewcifer
looks like just spamming abilitys what did it.

"Recall now requires grounded state"

This is a scary one for me, as I was under the impression that the Recall function was mainly there as a /stuck command more than anything.
Not longer being able to actually get out places where you /can get stuck is going to cause problems.
(And there are many such places, I would guess even more now with the new physics sliding)
Is there going to be a replacement way to handle players being stuck?

"Assassin, Ranger, Champion, Knight, Myrmidon, Ranger and Templar must now have a bow equipped to switch to their ranged tray." 

Ranger appears twice here, not sure how/if Templars equip a Bow if they can still not equip Sharpshooter or Arcane Archer.

Flytext spam appears to have returned for a few abilities on Healing and Damage.
It'd be good to QA these issues out quickly before any performance issues arise.

ScornofLife2.jpg

Posted (edited)

Why do you keep making brigand traps worse?

unknown.png

Explain to me how I'm ever supposed to hit anyone with these "traps"

The model is literally larger than the trigger area, throws up massive particle effects, and is visible from space.

I could overlook a guinecian more often than these 'traps'

unknown.png

If you don't want brigands actually using traps as traps can you please just make these melee skills?

unknown.png

You can't even hit someone with these if you're literally colliding with their model.

Hostile Trap, activation radius smaller than me.

unknown.png

Hostile Druid orb, Activation radius ~10 meters

unknown.png

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

47 minutes ago, thomasblair said:

Ultimately so everyone follows the progression path out of God's Reach and into the campaigns to level those higher quality vessels.
With gold being the fastest and easiest way to level a quality vessel no one really cares about all the other XP drops in game.

I agree with this in order to guide players through a proper progression, however...

Others have said it before me but oftentimes when you guys change stuff you remove the good options and don't compensate elsewhere.  If gold cannot be sacrificed, or is at a rate that is not worth the effort (3:1 gold:XP when R10s drop 60 gold) then we have the following options:

• Killing monsters, which monsters have a hard cap of 50 XP per kill  That is 1,800 kills to hit max level on an epic vessel.  This takes a long time considering you have to hunt and find monsters of an ascending rank and you have to do it on your low level character that is lacking powers and HP.  This also makes you more vulnerable to getting ganked, which slows down the process even further.
  • Sacrifice crafted/harvesting items: Nobody is going to sacrifice an epic sword or a bunch of epic ore to hit max level when gear is the most important factor to character strength in the game.
  • "Regular" Sacrifice Items (wolf fangs, venom sacs, etc.): Either they cannot be sacrificed, or the sacrifice value is so low in comparison to their drop rate that it isn't worth the time to farm them.
  • Special sacrifice items (Malekai Invocations, Wartribe Artifacts): These drop way too infrequently in the quality you would need for it to be a primary strategy for leveling.  This is especially true with XP not carrying over between levels.  The only way to get high quality fragments with any amount of consistency is to kill Group/Raid boss wartribe mobs, which respawn on a long timer, and obviously are a contested resource.  I've been telling my guild members to stop grinding levels and instead just kill a group boss every hour and sacrifice all of the Runic Books / Gold / Artifacts on them.  You can level up in 5 hours of realtime, about ~30 minutes of actual work this way on a blue vessel.  While I definitely enjoy that low amount of work I think that removing gold from the equation doesn't solve the problem that one leveling strategy vastly outstrips every other avenue of accumulating XP.
  • A Combination of Everything I Guess: This doesn't work based on what I outlined above.  The strongest way to gain XP doesn't need to get nerfed, the other ways to gain XP need to be buffed.

So the crux is: Are there things in this patch to compensate for the leveling curve missing gold at higher vessel qualities?  I know you've talked about XP for all activities and doing a second pass at sacrifice values.  Curious if those are going to be coming along with this too.

2 hours ago, thomasblair said:

because we don't care about leveling.. we want to pvp..:)

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

so Far--

Glide doesn't feel right

Movement/powers feels worse not better

Capture UI doesnt show up most of the time

Fort Siege timers do work

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

Approaching distant parcels is sometimes not rendering them at all till you get closer and actually load them in. Odd seeing floating outposts and rock doodads.

ScornofLife2.jpg