Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_FancyHats

5.90 Snap Test Feedback and Bug Reports for 4/30/19

Had what seem to be a guard tower own me at a huge distance and poison me-- did not show up in combat log.

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

Guinecean Duelist

• Rapid Fire - Fires 4,4,8,12,16 shots based on pips spent, instead of the stated 4,8,12,16,20.
  • Power queuing doesn't appear to be working.
  • Entering Stealth tray turns power pips into yellow circles.
  • Stealth attacks (Snipe, Go For Broke, Recon) fire in the direction the character is facing instead of following the crosshair.
  • Slayer Dynamite power does no damage.
  • Hit shake on pistol attacks is too strong at times.
  • Slayer Run and Gun talent has no discernible run speed increase. 
  • Tunnel power sometimes roots the player for a few seconds after casting.  Also deposits you inside building foundations, walls, and terrain geometry.  Also has a very short (if any) teleport distance while inside buildings.
  • Ambush power rarely plays its animation.
  • Glad to see the cooldown reset is working from Slayer Quick Draw talent.  I'd like to see a return of the gold particle burst effect the proc used to have when it was the old Opportunist passive.

General

• I really like the new feature of the spell book - hovering over a power highlights the applicable tray.
  • Agent Provocateur rune - Caltrops and Stink Bomb fx still fire at the casting character instead of the target area.
  • Aracoix druid tornadoes do not vanish when they die.
  • Humanoid npc corpses still have collision.
  • Some npc models flicker, in this case, red elk.
  • Runegate beacons sometimes point to the wrong locations.
  • May be intended, but animals aren't turning into their Hunger forms at night on GR.
  • Dodging twice back to back sometimes results in a very short second dodge.
  • Recall throws you all the way back to the newbie cave.
  • Summoning a mount still sometimes fails when the power is cast immediately after a tray change.  (The power is channeled and the animation is played, but the speed buff is not applied)

Crafting and Harvesting

• Discipline:Major recipe asks for gold bars, but it's been called "aurellium" for months.
  • Pistol pins cannot be crafted.  The recipe accepts the metal bar, but pressing "assemble" returns the bar to the inventory without any notification.
  • Cannot use crafting stations in the temple area.
  • Timing feels off on harvesting weak points.  It breaks on the click instead of the actual strike of the animation (like it is in Live atm).

Unable to craft leather square or hardened leather square at the keep in Virridy.  Lvl 30 fae, leatherworker, helper monkey, attention to detail, and risk management all applied.

PFq3vWQ.png

April 30, 2019

• The option to unlock a vessel from a campaign sometimes doesn't appear
  • The Minotaur idle animation seems...weird. Maybe it's because they aren't as hunched over anymore, but it looks like they're trying to avoid sitting on needles mid-air
    • I am saddened to see that you guys didn't take the opportunity during the client controller rework to fix the Minotaur's "Sticky Charge"
  • New Enemy Target HUD is very big. Too Big.
    • The HUD doesn't immediately relay target health animation. If target 1 has less health than target 2, the HUD will fill itself until it reaches target 2's current health (usually takes like .5s). Same vice versa, it'll empty itself until it reaches the target's health.
  • Every time when you open the map, it's blurry. You have to open the leaderboard, then close it to clear the blur
  • There are 3 forts named Telshire and 4 forts named Moonglow. I think the naming tool needs some work :D
  • Powers don't properly queue the next power. You have to wait for the animations to stop before starting another action. Makes gameplay feel clunky
  • The new Temple is really open and spacious!
    • There's r3 of every resource in the Temple. Where am I suppose to gank clueless noobs now? :(
    • This parcel was really cool XCO0d7A.png
  • Tower Shields feel like tower shields! :D
  • Knight block would put you in a 30s power/action blackout. Retaliate also would cause a power blackout
  • Shield Fighter's Throw Illusion Shield power vfx is broken. The shield appears as a bright pink instead of the golden disk it was before
  • This irks me YJhykCm.png
    • Traps should totally trigger at that distance.
    • When you drop a trap, a smaller closed trap appears above the actual trap for a few seconds before disappearing                              Rx7gWjH.png
  • Basic Crafting Tables in the Temple cannot be used to craft. Pressing F to interact doesn't open the crafting window
  • Can we get a Vendor for all the limited-use recipes and toolbelt items so we don't have to fight with RNGesus to test with them
    • Many of the free Vendors sell Level Dust instead of Ethereal Dust
  • Mobs didn't change to Hunger form at Night. Not sure if this is a godsend to harvesters or if the Day/Night change is bugged.
  • I noticed that when you hover over a power in your Spellbook, the trays the power can't be used in will darken. Not sure if this is helpful information or obnoxious UI
  • There were (and are) no forts to claim after the siege concluded. The next time a fort goes live is 6pm tomorrow (not sure if it's my localized time, server time, or ACE time)
    • Unclaimed forts could not be claimed outside a siege timer, dunno if intended or not.
  • Attacks from behind correctly writes to the combat log!
  • Duelist Go For Broke correctly returns you to the Stealth Tray
    • The VFX for this sounds like a party popper
  • Duelist Rapid Fire has VFX for all 20 hits now!
  • Duelist Snipe and Ambush have the same icon
    • Snipe doesn't have any SFX
  • Sometimes the terrain fails to render, like so KEGMa0T.png              and so         Z9j5q1Y.png
  • Recall takes you to the crypt in the starter zone, not to the Faction Temple
  • There were invisible fires and floating blankets on the Barbaric Wartribe Parcel
  • Spirit Bank and Chests Borders are borked                           iDyZIb6.png
  • Bears? :3
  • Can weapon molds only be bought from Vendors? Or will they be craftable?
  • Outpost Capture UIs didn't show
  • If I logged out at the Faction Runegate, I would get a message about my last location being unsafe or whatever and being ported to a different runegate. Shouldn't the faction runegates be the safe?
  • It would snow for a second every time I loaded into a new zone
  • Basic Bows on female Fae look tiny.
    • When charging a Bow Shot, the Bow would not appear inside my female Fae's Hand. It'd be clearly in front of her hand
    • When stealthed, the bow appears in a default pose near the left arm instead of on my Fae's back
  • Can Fae glide get the Spirit Crow controller? Make it feel a little bit more like actual flight/gliding
  • The Spirit Crow cannot fly over the entire Temple. Lame!
  • Can't launch my EK
  • Saw a Hellcat using the Wolf's shadow step to chase me.
  • An R4 Ancient Recluse Spider could be stunned. Not sure if that's intended or not.

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, thomasblair said:

Ultimately so everyone follows the progression path out of God's Reach and into the campaigns to level those higher quality vessels.
With gold being the fastest and easiest way to level a quality vessel no one really cares about all the other XP drops in game.

And your solution is to nerf gold sacrificing instead of making those other XP drops more rewarding? Leveling in CF doesn't feel like progression at all (except maybe for a first time player), but simply an unentertaining dump of time and sanity.

But what do I know of game design... All I know is since the last wipe I couldn't bring myself to level more than 1 white vessel and even that was a painful process. Now because me and my guild decided we don't waste those hard-to-come-by disciplines on white vessels I can't even properly participate in the pvp content I would actually enjoy. So in the end I don't play at all. Good game design...

PS: and if the holy book of mmo design says: "If thou want to make da good money, thou need to make them masochistic money whales grind." Then for all I care, make it a grind for endgame content and not the most fundamental part of the game - the entry into an entertaining gameplay circle.

Edited by Glitchhiker

Champion's Whirling Pain locks you out of using the rest of your powers after it ends, except for Ultimate Warrior and Dodge. Using either of those allows you to attack again.

231e101d88.jpg

Bugs:

- While in a combat tray, if you hold your sprint key and move your mouse it'll drain your stamina, even while no movement keys are pressed. If another character, even on your faction, bumps into you and moves your character while you press your sprint key it's apparently counted as movement and will drain stamina faster. If I'm not already at full stamina simply tapping my sprint key can drain all of my remaining stamina, with no movement of any kind. (Considering the default sprint key is Shift and Shift is one of two keys commonly used as a modifier key for keybinds I don't think stamina should be used unless a movement key is being pressed.)

- Item descriptions are being let spill over out of the window.

6u28Sjd.png

- This siege schedule window informing me that I can have zero impact on this world because of the time I have available to play is quite disheartening.

H7ErGRX.png

Hi, I'm moneda.

s1tKI24.png

50 minutes ago, moneda said:

Bugs:

- While in a combat tray, if you hold your sprint key and move your mouse it'll drain your stamina, even while no movement keys are pressed.

in 5.8.6 and previous u already drained stam by simply holding the sprintkey without any other movement key so thats either a ongoing bug or intentional imo

Bbhm5iJ.jpg

Posted (edited)

ground target spells such as naiad "Grasping Roots" and "Fountain of Life" dont show ground circle before putting the spell at the location

banshee "Haunt" still does not cause any healing

Edited by nenju

Bbhm5iJ.jpg

9 hours ago, Phr00t said:

PVPing in this game is fun, and what most of us are here to do. Please stop making it harder and harder to level up and gear our characters for pvp.

I would like this 1000 times if i could

The import of characters to test changed the look of my character- My Fae had black wings, now he has white.

When I logged back in I was transported  to the balance runegate.. I'm chaos and it almost killed me..

Lifesteal isnt really showing up in combat log.

13 hours ago, thomasblair said:

Ultimately so everyone follows the progression path out of God's Reach and into the campaigns to level those higher quality vessels.
With gold being the fastest and easiest way to level a quality vessel no one really cares about all the other XP drops in game.

lvling isnt fun, any quality vessel should still get xp from lower lvl mobs... i dont see why we cant get xp on a lvl 1 blue vessel from a lvl1 mob. try killing a high lvl mob with LMB

Posted (edited)

fae dash is all jacked, i just fall straight down. druid blight is also jacked. i think all ground targeted skills are

casting druid orbs makes an animation like im picking them up

i cant cast any power while holding down LMB, i have to stop holding it then cast 

Edited by yianni