Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Titan or Battle Rager?

ferrat

ok ill ask a more pointed question. how is the survive-ability to dmg ratio on these two.. is top spec to squish? can mid spec do good dmg?

Edited by ferrat

None of them are overly survivable but they will do well once you have the mail armor training.  I'm more of a fan of taking a class to its polar strength.  If its a damage dealer, I focus on maximizing its damage, instead of hybrid-gear/specing for survivability.  I feel that Myrm is one of these classes.  They are there to bring the pain.   I'm partial to Titan myself, but they could all have a place, depending on how you play them.  A quick look at the abilities in their advanced trees should show this pretty clearly.

Edited by Ble

what mistakes would i make? i rolled a gray battle rager its good and the dmg is medium... now i am making a vessel and i was thinking that i might enjoy something with more kick so.. i wonder how survivable the titan is? one thing i don't like about titian is the need for one extra skill on my bar because i can't mitigate crash with whirlwind.

9 hours ago, ComradeAma said:

If you are new to the game, start with Battle Rager. Titan does not forgive mistakes and you will do a lot of them at the beginning.

Edited by ferrat

Both have the same tools but trade damage for sustain. Not accounting for your team, do you want higher dps or to live longer/easier?

With good healers and crash management, Titan can survive fine but is always at a greater risk by design.

Where as a Rager will live even longer/easier with healers but won't see the big numbers above enemies heads.

With how stack friendly this game is though, pulling enemies to your team can be worth more than single target DPS and being able to stand around longer spinning and disrupting has its own value.

Not a Myrm expert my any means but these promos are pretty defined.

Battle Rager - More base health, more CC mitigation, more health when berserking and crashing, easier to deal with crash, more base armor, plate

Titan - More crit chance, more attack power, more LMB/Neck Slash damage when attacking bleeders, armor penetration. Also the Frenzy stuff but who uses it?

54 minutes ago, ferrat said:

what mistakes would i make? i rolled a gray battle rager its good and the dmg is medium... now i am making a vessel and i was thinking that i might enjoy something with more kick so.. i wonder how survivable the titan is? one thing i don't like about titian is the need for one extra skill on my bar because i can't mitigate crash with whirlwind.

You will wear mail instead of plate, have less health, less berserker pool, only two skills to mitigate crash, where one is them can be itterupted by CC/physics if you use it in unappropriate time/position which will result in taking a lot of damage and dying. You need to learn which classes which CCs have, how to avoid them and so on.

17 hours ago, ferrat said:

Noob Rolling a  HG myrm.. give me your opinions and advice.

❤️

do not take myrmidon if you are new. take something else and teach mechanics, do some skill tree lvling and get gear (or find 5+ active group to play with).

and then you can try it.

titan - glass cannon. biggest dps ingame if build/gear right. have some weaknesses. dmg will stack during fight.

rager - more tankish coz he have wear plate and increase HP with multiple ways. after they nerf plate I think BR is not so good but he is still tankish.

both can be played very similar but with different setups.

titan can die very fast or very slow, depend on opponents. br dps is 0-50% less but with better survivability

Edited by makkon

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: rangefall

Discord makkon#8550

thanks guys, I think I’m gunna jump in the deep end , I usually play healers, I think it’s time for some dps! Also I am in the mail tree to that helps!