Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ble

The increasing PvE Requirement

3 minutes ago, Jah said:

Has it been confirmed that they will "random spawn" as opposed to named mobs always spawning in the same place as they did in Shadowbane?

Didn't JTC say as much in the q/a where they talked about it?  I mean short of that it hasn't been confirmed but IIRC that's the intended system. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

3 hours ago, mandalore said:

If only 1% of your current backers have the stomach to test the systems as is then thats a long term problem that needs to be looked at and redirected before it's too late. 

I have asked this time and time again... there were so many that threw money at this at the kickstarter... where are they ???? I would be worried that after all these years of developing this game, the best you can get is 500 and that's being generous with that total.

As for the no-lifers, every game has them, and there will always be them. I doubt this game will be able to combat the no-life situation or the people that just want to win no matter what flying-money-butt is done to do that, be it exploits, cheats, zergs, no-lifing... Some people will always want to have that win, and I doubt this game will find a way to stop most of that.

All I know is, the direction we are going is a path i find not wanting to walk down.

"tell the world that it is the will of the gods that my Rome be head of all the world."

Just now, mandalore said:

Didn't JTC say as much in the q/a where they talked about it?  I mean short of that it hasn't been confirmed but IIRC that's the intended system. 

I don't recall him saying it would be random. I'm still hoping that the locations for specific discipline thralls will become pvp hotspots like the discipline droppers were in Shadowbane. I haven't heard anything that says otherwise yet.

I would expect the initial placement of thrall spawns to be random for each new campaign, but to stay the same for the rest of the campaign.

IhhQKY6.gif

1 minute ago, Jah said:

I don't recall him saying it would be random. I'm still hoping that the locations for specific discipline thralls will become pvp hotspots like the discipline droppers were in Shadowbane. I haven't heard anything that says otherwise yet.

I would expect the initial placement of thrall spawns to be random for each new campaign, but to stay the same for the rest of the campaign.

I would absolutely love that and its 100% what SB was.  It was great in that gave value to areas, it pushed PvP to areas and it generally gave theme to the zones. 

AFAIK, that's not what was described in the live stream.  I hope I'm wrong about this.  I want the discipline system SB had bc it proved to me it worked. 

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

28 minutes ago, Angelmar said:

This to me, just goes to my point.  Despite what ACE Marketing is selling about CF being ready for competitive GvG gameplay and #WarStories, this is what JTC has been saying--a pre alpha.  Its not a game and not ready to be treated like one.

We know for example they intend discs to involve Thralls. This is likely just their 1.0 version of disc drops to get it out the door..... But we're judging it like it's the ultimate ACE solution because (1)ACE Marketing is pushing this as a playable competitive game and (2) because ACE is making us spend time and grind like its a LIVE game. (And (3) we're impatient for CF to make progress and get to dregs).

If ACE is going to be pushing half-finished systems to LIVE, that's fine in a pre-alpha, but don't try to treat the game like it's GAME rather than a TEST.

Today Pann is putting out a call for a special video recording.

I'm assuming this is in order to take some canned footage for marketing purposes.

In order to represent the game.

That we can already play.

That we can already take footage of us playing.

This is "showcase your guild even though we have no guild features in the game yet" all over again.

This is "Look at all the races and classes on the pront page even though only half of them exist in the game" all over again.

There is a pattern of disconnect between the game they're trying to get people to buy in to and the game the people that buy in to it get to play.

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Posted (edited)

I was 1month away .. came back and spend 2weeks of Grind vessel/gear to PvP arround 30min .. wtf  happend ....The upcoming Patch looks nice but Timer on Forts ? So ppl that work in shift cant Capture Forts ..i dont know if that is a Good Idea .. what about all the sugestions that where Posted on Forum ..there where ways better ideas than this ..

Also the upcoming Patch ... craft Disci .. mmmh locks like more grind .. a full skilled Miner with a good tool(400dura) and Villien got exact 1 soul of Villein and 1soufragment in the whole tool Duration .. lmao ? You plan to Launch that on Korea eh? Thats the only Dudes i know that like Grind all online time ... 

For my feeling....the Game is actually drifting in the fukin wrong Direction . after 3 weeks of Group/Raidboss kills i have 1 of my 3 minors  ..  someone already said befor .. if i wanted PvE i would stay at WoW , thats the only thing they Masterd after all this Years . I actually not see good PvP in Future . In the Past we PvP a lot ..Daily a few Hours ..it was Fun (few days was only capturing with 1-2 good Fights  .. actually more and more ppl making a break(or says it like it is ..leaving) due the high PvE aspect .. the PvP atm is like .. get a Group ..check the Grind spots ..Gank a naked Grind Group ..pretty sexC PvP.. 

Hope Dies Last ... Gimme the PvP back plz 

Edited by Roccah

10 minutes ago, Jah said:

8 minutes ago, Hyriol said:

Thank you for the assist @Hyriol .

wiDfyPp.png

59 minutes ago, Hungry said:

Likewise, we don't know what ACE is planning and how much of these systems are done once the make the change.  Is this it for gold?  Maybe?  Who knows?  So feedback is going to only be focused on what people can see now, not what they divine ACE might do in the future.

An influential ACE DEV Forum poster a couple weeks ago suggested that players should know a system "was not as ACE intended".

We have no clue what ACE intends.  We give feedback on what we have in front of us and then spend hours arguing and reading the tea leaves over what we think "ACE intends" or what ACE "should" do.

All of that is symptomatic of a TEST and Work-In-Progress and not of a launched GAME (tho all MMOs are constantly WIPs).

1 hour ago, Grivyn said:

So now we have the grindfest of 5.9

Gold worthless for leveling at a point where everyone will be rerolling their vessel "should" necro goggles actually make into the game AND the RNG gods grant you the good fortune of dropping it instead of a first aid book.

Current state of hoops players have to go through.

PVE;

Major disc's - gated behind timed spawn and RNG.

Minor disc's - gated behind timed spawn and RNG.

Leveling Vessel's - gated behind 1-3 spots in campaign where mobs will give decent XP value.

Crafting Nec/Blacksmith/Leatherworker (include Woodworker if want a hunger shard fitted) - gated behind timed spawn and RNG (for tools, Googles, Hammer, Awl and Shard hammer).

PVP;

Keeps - timed window

Forts - timed window

Respawn mechanics now mean forts near a keep would actually be worthwhile taking, but wait whats that? RNG means said Fort cannot be taken because game has decided that Forts window is not open. Oh wait your defending and you cant stop them respawning in a Fort near your Keep because that Forts window is not open, RNG to the fore again.

Welcome to Crow"there is a time and place for everything"fall, providing the RNG gods allow you to complete the hoop jumping.

Just to help, and not have this thread be a complete ACE bashfest

Major disc's - gated behind timed spawn and RNG. - Changed in 5.9
Minor disc's - gated behind timed spawn and RNG. - Changed in 5.9
Crafting Nec/Blacksmith/Leatherworker (include Woodworker if want a hunger shard fitted) - gated behind timed spawn and RNG (for tools, Googles, Hammer, Awl and Shard hammer). - Some PVE required for end-game crafting progression, I don't agree that everyone shoudl be able to make fully-kitted out gear right away.

33 minutes ago, Phr00t said:

Crafting Nec/Blacksmith/Leatherworker (include Woodworker if want a hunger shard fitted) - gated behind timed spawn and RNG (for tools, Googles, Hammer, Awl and Shard hammer). - Some PVE required for end-game crafting progression, I don't agree that everyone shoudl be able to make fully-kitted out gear right away. 

Added to the main post, with credit.

36 minutes ago, Phr00t said:

I agree with this sentiment.  While I have been pretty blunt about how I feel about the state of the game and its progress there is a very clear difference between providing honest, non-sugar-coated feedback and bashing.  I encourage everyone to consider your words when you post feedback to focus on constructive and clear expression of your viewpoint and avoid slagging off the developers in what is by necessity an iterative process.

3 hours ago, Angelmar said:

That said, you can level a blue vessel in a weekend. Some have done it in a single day.  That's relatively very quick.

Relative to games that offer engaging and entertaining ways for that leveling process, yes. But not the mindless grind we are forced to do in CF. We want to "play a game" not "work a chore".

45 minutes ago, Phr00t said:

If I've spent the time to fully train a craft why the hell would I not expect to be able to make the proper versions of my craft not some 1/2 cut piece of crap because I've been unlucky with RNG. This is my concern, leaving crafters hanging on RNG PvE drops is not going to end well.

1 minute ago, Grivyn said:

If I've spent the time to fully train a craft why the hell would I not expect to be able to make the proper versions of my craft not some 1/2 cut piece of crap because I've been unlucky with RNG. This is my concern, leaving crafters hanging on RNG PvE drops is not going to end well.

PVE areas are supposed to be PVP hotspots (when its a specific mob for a specific item, people will have to fight over it) so the Dev's vision is pvpers contributing recipes and rare items back to the crafters.

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, mandalore said:

They went out of their way in Kickstarter to make this a nonstandard mmo with heavy PvP.  There are 50k backers who backed that vision.  Are they not obligated to make the game they asked for our money to make?  They went out of their way to appeal to the Shadowbane fans, the lead devs first mmo, and then time after time they deviate from that vision.  They went out of their way to make it seem more PvP centric than PvE but somehow the game has ended up more PvE than anything else.  

I hear you.  By the way I bought one of those kickstarter packs a couple years ago though not because of the whole tie in to shadowbane.  Never played that or even heard of it until its talked about here.  This seems to be the norm from my experience and not, I don't think, because they are trying to deceive but because at the start they truly want to achieve that and think they can but as they go along maybe they realize that they need to change, adapt, modify to be successful and so they do.  Another game that walked this path was shroud of the avatar.  They tried to promote themselves as the "spiritual successor to ultima online" when in reality it wasn't.  It had hints of ultima but that is it.  As time went on, the backers got frustrated and left one by one because they thought they were buying basically an "ultima online 2"  The game is still around and I play it from time to time but it just feels like a game that is gasping for life at this point and that is frustrating to me because its a game with so much potential.  I have always, and still do think that its a mistake to try to tie a current game developers are creating to a past game the developers have created in order to draw in an audience.  What seems to happen is the audience from those prior games come sure, expecting basically that "other game" only better only to realize that at best they are working with a game that has hints of the other game and so backers get frustrated and leave and the game starts to struggle which is unfortunate because these game have so much potential.  I think that unless developers plan to make an exact replica of the prior games "only better", they need to NOT take that approach and work to create a stand alone game.  Give people a rough idea of what they want to achieve with the caviet that things may and probably will change as we progress and evolve.  Predetermined expectations based on other games can be a killer for newer games imo.  :)  

Edited by Drizzzt

5 hours ago, APE said:

Did SB fail because there was too much PvE?

You know.  Having never played shadowbane, I had no idea it failed.  It always sounded like a successful game to hear people talk about it but if it failed, why try to emulate it?????  If it failed, scrap the entire concept, distance your self from the "failed game" and work to make a better game.  sure you can incorporate things that worked from shadowbane into the new game.  Just don't link yourselves to the "failed game"  I will tell you a game these guys have "allegedly" worked on that didn't fail.  Eve online.  Maybe take some examples from that (which they have with their passive training system) but base them NOT in space of course and in a game of thrones style game..... just an idea :)  :)  

5 hours ago, APE said:

I want a political climate that is dynamic and shaped by the players.  I want meaningful PvP for the sake of assets and not just who's epeen is bigger (it's always mine). 

You clearly haven't seen mine but I digress :)  :)  I also want this.  I am leaning towards doing away with the levels as well since we already have a passive training system.  the levels seem like a waste of time.  I hate to keep pointing to eve online (no I don't :) ) but they don't have character levels either.  strictly a passive training system for the skills and while a noob at the beginning isn't very competitive, it doesn't take long to get yourself passively trained up in a frigate to be competitive.  Either way, the levels thing seems kinda dumb to me :)   

To Comment on the original post, yes the pvp grind is absolutely horrid.  I don't want to do the grind of leveling, and then the grind for mats, then craft, then finally pvp.  Honestly the biggest problem is gold gold gold gold gold.  The gold needs And I mean NEEDS to come back like it was. That way we can at least farm gold to level while we maybe gain mats and or we can at least gain money to buy the things we need off vendors. 

Week new players actually are asking in chat, "hey where do i get gold"? I mean really? this is a question you want players having to ask in chat? New players are extremely disheartening and  are quitting fast.  I know I try and befriend and play with them only to never see them come back.

I have actually quit till the gold or leveling problem is fixed.

10 minutes ago, bignick22000 said:

The gold needs And I mean NEEDS to come back like it was

yes.  The gold needs to come back.  It was how I got better vessels and other things from other players (because I currently can't craft them myself).  since this last change I have not advanced out of a white vessel or white armor because I can't afford to buy the few vessels I find off other peoples vendors or the gear either.  The loss of gold was devastating to me and I hope it changes.