Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Eridrost

Beta Availability

Buying any of the early access packages will give you immediate access to the LIVE server for as long as Crowfall exists. The LIVE server has the current, live patch level and is up 24/7 (excluding maintenance periods).

TEST is where they will put new major patches before they go to LIVE. TEST is not always up, and you may not always have access to it when it is up. In the past, when they have had new milestones, they have put them on TEST and opened it to a limited number of people based on their test group, starting with the Pre-Alpha 1 group. Over the course of a week or two, they will normally get everyone access to it. Each early access package give you a different test group. The most expensive one puts you in the Alpha 2 group. The only reason that matters is for the TEST server, and only when new major milestones are being tested. 

Right now LIVE is patched to 5.8.6 and TEST has 5.9. Everyone who has purchased the game currently has access to both. Keep in mind though that the game is still in Pre-Alpha. They are working hard to get it into Alpha, but it's still a little ways off. There are game systems that aren't in yet. The new player experience still needs work. And the game still needs a lot of polish. If you are expecting a completed game, you will probably be disappointed. But if you are okay with playing an unfinished game and want to both learn about the game and help make it better, then now is a good time to jump in.

17 hours ago, Arkade said:

Buying any of the early access packages will give you immediate access to the LIVE server for as long as Crowfall exists. The LIVE server has the current, live patch level and is up 24/7 (excluding maintenance periods).

TEST is where they will put new major patches before they go to LIVE. TEST is not always up, and you may not always have access to it when it is up. In the past, when they have had new milestones, they have put them on TEST and opened it to a limited number of people based on their test group, starting with the Pre-Alpha 1 group. Over the course of a week or two, they will normally get everyone access to it. Each early access package give you a different test group. The most expensive one puts you in the Alpha 2 group. The only reason that matters is for the TEST server, and only when new major milestones are being tested. 

Right now LIVE is patched to 5.8.6 and TEST has 5.9. Everyone who has purchased the game currently has access to both. Keep in mind though that the game is still in Pre-Alpha. They are working hard to get it into Alpha, but it's still a little ways off. There are game systems that aren't in yet. The new player experience still needs work. And the game still needs a lot of polish. If you are expecting a completed game, you will probably be disappointed. But if you are okay with playing an unfinished game and want to both learn about the game and help make it better, then now is a good time to jump in.

So as I agree most of the time this is true today this is not or at least lacking being informed of it. Today the NA/EU campaigns servers ended which I understand. But then today we try to log into the EK or the Gods Reach server and we get a black screen. I have searched the forums and have not found anything about maintenance so I assume the servers have been taken down to try to push us to the test servers. I am all about playing on a test server to try things out but to have LIVE removed with out any real update to this is not ok in my book. I know this is only 1 book of many but it happens to be the one I care about the most :).  So to say we have 24/7 access to servers is not accurate unless they are in maintenance periods which should be identified somewhere. 

1.) Be more free with information. For example for all of us to try to find goggles for a week or more before someone finally said they are not even in the game yet is poor communication. 

2.) Notify your CUSTOMERS if you are bringing down servers in some way. It could be an easy Server Status topic on forums. 

3.) Don't MOCK CUSTOMERS when they ask a valid question in your QA & A's. Its Rude #Shameonyou!

4.) Fix the skinning thing its not a freaking Bonus guys. I have to use the same resources to make skinning knifes as I do any other tool to farm materials. I then have to kill a creature that FIGHTS back. I get that it is a work in progress but don't play it off like its just extra stuff. its not. It is a requirement to be able to craft some armor, Some potions and a lot of food.

On a side note the game is awesome to this point. The $50 I pent  was well worth every penny of it. I would suggest playing the game its a great game but I hope they take the feedback and use it. 

1 hour ago, DrakanoWOW said:

I have searched the forums and have not found anything about maintenance so I assume the servers have been taken down to try to push us to the test servers.

Welcome to the forums.

This is devlopment. In development there will be bugs. If the servers would have been taken down, you would get an error message after trying to login ... not a black screen. Since it is pretty obviously a bug, I would suggest to report it, instead of hiding your complaint in a Welcome thread (or even constructing some kind of conspiracy theory out of it ;) ). Same for the test feedback, putting it into the test feedback forum where the QA team is specifically looking for it, will raise the visibility of your concerns by far.

Have fun, good luck
Kraahk

2W1ZHpA.jpg

12 hours ago, DrakanoWOW said:

On a side note the game is awesome to this point. The $50 I pent  was well worth every penny of it. I would suggest playing the game its a great game but I hope they take the feedback and use it. 

All your points are good feedback, and this team does listen (more than any game I've been involved with so far).

Comment to add: ACE is not only building a game, they are building an independent gaming development studio at the same time. That means they are working on production processes, content delivery, and communication systems. All the issues and problems that the playtesters give feedback on now, they can address and improve on before launch. That's what we are here for :)

tiPrpwh.png