Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stumpstuff

5.90 Snap Test Feedback and Bug Reports for 5/02/19

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, coolster50 said:

May 2, 2019

  • 3x2 Keep Gate house with Stone Battlements has a faulty gate. You can run straight through it, no need to interact with it
  • Blocking causes you to be locked into your combat tray for 30 seconds
  • G to loot has string text
  • If you try to move a building, you get stuck in build mode once you place the building in it's new spot. ESC can get you out of it
  • "[" and "]" don't rotate the grid
  • Panels still can't be raised high enough to be placed in Battlements
  • Fort ramps still don't like being at a 90 degree angle with another Fort rampart
  • Keep Corner Mega Deeds are listed as Small Defense but Hexagonal Towers use Medium Defense Tokens
  • Can 1x1 Keep Walls be listed as Small Defense instead of Medium Defense? There are more 1x1 Keep Walls in a bundle than Medium Tokens on a Town Parcel
  • Did not see an option to use Soul Stones in a Harvesting Tool recipe, though I did not have any polished stones in my inventory (only rough ones)
  • After unlocking a recently made vessel from a TEST campaign and joining another one, I could not unlock that same vessel from the new campaign. Maybe there's something that only allows us to unlock once?
  • Standing Banners need to be socketed into something. I think it'll make more sense for them to be free standing (like walls and the like) rather than needing a socket to be placed
  • I could not interact with a freshly placed crafting station until I reset my EK
  • EK buildings are not aligned with the grid

When I tested a Centaur knight the block locked me into the combat tray for 37 seconds and then I had to click the survival tray key a few times to get it unstuck. 

 

Also some of the capture points are not showing the timer over your head for capture. It does allow you to capture but no timer

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Was playing around with the keep pieces in an EK. After a while, several things stopped working:

  • After placing some keep pieces in temporary locations to make inventory space, they could no longer be moved / picked up. The bar fills to full but then nothing happens.
  • Crafting tables in the EK stopped responding.

Switching characters did not fix this. I had to log out of my EK long enough for it to shut down and re-launch it for things to start working again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Durenthal said:

The mob health bar is screwy.  It's very slow to update.   Also, mob health appears to be yoyoing like mad in this video.  

that bug good sir always has happend if u open up on a mob with a root. it basicly "resets" the mob if u pull with a root ability


Bbhm5iJ.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Noticing an increase in how often resource doobers land inside geometry where they can't be retrieved.   In this case, an auroch lair.
  • Character no longer faces the direction of harvesting swings.
  • Please add milk to the day form aurochs.  It currently only drops from Hunger aurochs, which will be very rare due to the changes in this patch.
  • Duelist Impale still has some failure problems.  In the video below, the second 5-pip impale fails 100% of the time.  By fail, I mean the animation plays and the power goes on cooldown, but no damage is caused and no pips are spent.  My best guess is it's some conflict related to applying the 50% bleed effect twice.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Some UI pops up if you press some random key combination inside crowfall, can't say which i used.

It states "facebook streaming" i can't make a screenshot because any keys stop working if you accidently used that combination.

The window is gone after 3 seconds but you have to kill the client to get rid of the stuck keys.  


logo_v2_banner.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Hyriol said:
  • Noticing an increase in how often resource doobers land inside geometry where they can't be retrieved.   In this case, an auroch lair.
  • Character no longer faces the direction of harvesting swings.
  • Please add milk to the day form aurochs.  It currently only drops from Hunger aurochs, which will be very rare due to the changes in this patch.
  • Duelist Impale still has some failure problems.  In the video below, the second 5-pip impale fails 100% of the time.  By fail, I mean the animation plays and the power goes on cooldown, but no damage is caused and no pips are spent.  My best guess is it's some conflict related to applying the 50% bleed effect twice.

 

I see what you are talking about Hyriol.

Does impale always fail if the mob is impale-bled and above 50% hp?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

retaliate still bugging. Its acting like its a combo so if your attacking or use a ability when you get cced you cancel the chance to retaliate.

The que system seems a bit off for ranger rapid fire could just be me tho. Doesn't seem other ability's i have to completely wait for the global cooldown to be up.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

When using a starter recurve bow and starter arrows I am unable to make multiple quick shots. There seems to be some kind of cooldown timer that lasts about the time it takes to fully draw.

Meaning I am unable to begin the next shot immediately if I release early. 

Assassin sharpshooter using a starter recurve.  Wil report back on a high tension later today

Edited by Chroma

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ussiah said:

I see what you are talking about Hyriol.

Does impale always fail if the mob is impale-bled and above 50% hp?

I think it has to do with the rng of the bleed tick - it isn't a consistent amount.  It seems the system doesn't want a weaker bleed to overwrite a stronger one, but it isn't handling the rest of the power correctly.  Subsequent impales continue to fail until you score a bleed tick rate higher than the previous one.

Below, the first 5-pip scores an initial bleed of 133 per tick.  The next three fail until the fourth scores 141.

Solved?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/3/2019 at 2:49 PM, Ussiah said:

ITEM BLOAT

@thomasblair

The item bloat in these last patches has been HUGE. The QA stated that adding more space was an issue, if that is the case, shouldn't we try to limit the amount of items.

Based on my calculations we now will need

  • Adhesive
  • Bending Formx3
  • Blade Moldx4
  • Head Moldx2
  • Barrel Mold
  • Heel Mold
  • Blade Mold: Greatx2
  • Head Mold: Great x1

A total of 16 more sub-components that add NOTHING and now crafters/gatherers have to hold onto.

I understand the reasoning, to limit number of recipes. But the results seems more painful on the players than scrolling through a couple extra recipes.

If you are hellbent on keeping this new item bloat.

Please allow:

  • Recipes to stack
  • Carbon to stack to at least 100(20 currently)
  • Force Quality and allow stacking of: Ambrosia, Grinding Wheel, Diamond Cutting Blade, Polishing Paste.

 

And... We are just going to keep adding more items, more sub-components, more random drop items from NPCs. That is the nature of the RPG. Most new content will almost always reward and involve new items. Which is one of the reasons we are working on a Bag system.
At some point there is just going to be stuff you don't want to keep around, and thankfully we do reward you for throwing those items away into a sacrifice brazier.

I do agree with you on the listed items to force quality/remove their serial numbers,  and letting some of them stack to 100.


Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Chroma said:

When using a starter recurve bow and starter arrows I am unable to make multiple quick shots. There seems to be some kind of cooldown timer that lasts about the time it takes to fully draw.

Meaning I am unable to begin the next shot immediately if I release early. 

Assassin sharpshooter using a starter recurve.  Wil report back on a high tension later today

That is because the weapon weight of the bow is adding 2.5(s) of cooldown to you because you are a PiP user. If you are going to combine Pip user + Bow you need to use lower weapon weight bows or use a passive to offset it.
 


Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, thomasblair said:

And... We are just going to keep adding more items, more sub-components, more random drop items from NPCs. That is the nature of the RPG. Most new content will almost always reward and involve new items. Which is one of the reasons we are working on a Bag system.
At some point there is just going to be stuff you don't want to keep around, and thankfully we do reward you for throwing those items away into a sacrifice brazier.

I do agree with you on the listed items to force quality/remove their serial numbers,  and letting some of them stack to 100.

Appreciate the response and looking into those recommendations.

What is your opinion concerning bone/blood/beeswax?

As far as I know there is no reason for different qualities. No effect on any recipe.

Opinion on Philo Stones effecting quality of bodies?(Currently they do and therefore make the grey/white minerals(besides cinnabar/halite for ambrosia) completely useless and/or a noob trap for bad bodies) Could make minerals only drop green or better or Philo Stone not effect quality of vessel.

Why have different types of heartwood? Is it possible to just have "Heartwood" and not the 5 different types of wood since type has no bearing on craft.

 

All I do is craft and I am racking my brain to find other improvements within the system you are building on.

Edited by Ussiah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Ussiah said:

What is your opinion concerning bone/blood/beeswax?

Let's throw heartwood in that list too, since it comes in 5 types (ash, birch, oak, spruce, yew) x 5 qualities (common, uncommon, rare, epic, legendary), while there is only a single use (quivers) and the type of heartwood doesn't matter - and the sacrifice value is negligible at best.

Edited by Snorbot
Clarify: the type of heartwood doesn't matter, *and* there is only one recipe that uses it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Here's another 5.9 animation bug I've hit several times. I haven't narrowed this one down yet. Frequently my centaur on my EK doesn't animate when harvesting. Swapping to another vessel and back often fixes this temporarily.

I haven't spent a lot of time yet trying to reproduce this on other vessels / races. At first I thought it was related to using a crafting table - but I've also encountered this when harvesting right after logging in without doing anything else in the interim. When I notice this happening, most combat abilities also do not play animations.

It's frequent enough, I hit it probably 95% of the times I enter my EK.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ussiah said:

Appreciate the response and looking into those recommendations.

What is your opinion concerning bone/blood/beeswax?

As far as I know there is no reason for different qualities. No effect on any recipe.

Opinion on Philo Stones effecting quality of bodies?(Currently they do and therefore make the grey/white minerals(besides granite/marble for ambrosia) completely useless and/or a noob trap for bad bodies) Could make minerals only drop green or better or Philo Stone not effect quality of vessel.

 

All I do is craft and I am racking my brain to find other improvements within the system you are building on.

There are a few generalizations we use:
Most resources drop all 6 qualities. (This is because we wanted to be able to make the various campaign difficulties drop different qualities)
Just because a recipe doesn't make use of the higher quality right now doesn't mean it won't in a future recipe.
The next step up from resources is a component that really has no stats but is required from another profession. (Most of these should be no serial/forced outcome to preserve space) (I'd also like to make these stack to 100 in light of where we are now)
Then we have components with all the stats + durability. Anything with stats we shouldn't be making as no serial / stacking. (These should all stack to 20)
Then there are the final items.

I do like the Philo stone counting, generally anything with lots of stats and a quality we make sure it counts.

 


Thomas Blair
ArtCraft Entertainment, Inc.
Follow us on Twitter 
@CrowfallGame | Like us on Facebook
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, thomasblair said:

There are a few generalizations we use:
Most resources drop all 6 qualities. (This is because we wanted to be able to make the various campaign difficulties drop different qualities)
Just because a recipe doesn't make use of the higher quality right now doesn't mean it won't in a future recipe.
The next step up from resources is a component that really has no stats but is required from another profession. (Most of these should be no serial/forced outcome to preserve space) (I'd also like to make these stack to 100 in light of where we are now)
Then we have components with all the stats + durability. Anything with stats we shouldn't be making as no serial / stacking. (These should all stack to 20)
Then there are the final items.

I do like the Philo stone counting, generally anything with lots of stats and a quality we make sure it counts.

 

Understand if you do expect quality to matter for the listed items at some point(bone/blood/beeswax). Just trying to figure out if there are any ways to cut down on amount of different items for player space and server demand. Also editted and added about heartwood as well. If type of wood matters at some point would also understand a bit more why we have all the different types even though no effect currently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Ble said:

@thomasblair

Your "raid" content is a joke:

 

Although points for consistency, because all of your PvE is a joke.

Item bloat appeal was real, and you respond with "more item bloat" incoming.  I hope you've got a plan to hire testers.

I agree with your feedback but you could be less inflammatory about it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Hungry said:

I agree with your feedback but you could be less inflammatory about it.

I think that honesty is important.  They have plenty of fanbois telling them everything is ok.  Those words represent how the related interactions make me feel when I interact with them.  If not one is willing to get real then they might think "oh well, people don't seem to be minding the PvE and the data we have says raid boss has been killed 457 times, so they must like that interaction as well, lets move on to something else, since PvE is good to go".

They can ignore me, delete my posts or ban me if they can't handle it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...