Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stumpstuff

5.90 Snap Test Feedback and Bug Reports for 5/02/19

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Hungry said:

I agree with your feedback but you could be less inflammatory about it.

Perhaps, but if the dev's continue on their recent path, there wont be viable game to release. As more folks that care about the game see this, they will naturally get passionate.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

4 minutes ago, Ble said:

I think that honesty is important.  They have plenty of fanbois telling them everything is ok.  Those words represent how the related interactions make me feel when I interact with them.  If not one is willing to get real then they might think "oh well, people don't seem to be minding the PvE and the data we have says raid boss has been killed 457 times, so they must like that interaction as well, lets move on to something else, since PvE is good to go".

They can ignore me, delete my posts or ban me if they can't handle it.

 

4 minutes ago, mystafyi said:

Perhaps, but if the dev's continue on their recent path, there wont be viable game to release. As more folks that care about the game see this, they will naturally get passionate.

I think I've been plenty blunt on the forums with my criticism of the game's issues, so you won't count me among the 'fanbois' telling them that everything is OK.  Giving good feedback is critical and being inflammatory does not help make your feedback more clear.  There is a very clear line between "this is a serious problem and needs to be examined" and "your game is a joke."

Edited by Hungry

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Ble said:

They can ignore me, delete my posts or ban me if they can't handle it.

They cant ban you, you are almost 1% of the active population by yourself! I am not sure whether to laugh or cry about that though....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Hungry said:

 

 

I think I've been plenty blunt on the forums with my criticism of the game's issues, so you won't count me among the 'fanbois' telling them that everything is OK.  Giving good feedback is critical and being inflammatory does not help make your feedback more clear.  There is a very clear line between "this is a serious problem and needs to be examined" and "your game is a joke."

You put something in quotations that I did not write for dramatic effect, we call this hyperbole, which is ironic since you're asking me not to do that.  Stop white knighting, and get back to reporting bugs.  Thanks

Edited by Ble

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, Staff and I have tested Gaea's Wail, the druid bear, and it's only working when you stand below your enemy somewhat or at the exact same level. If you're any higher like on a map bump or hill, the bear just goes right over 'em. Seems to be the same issue Myrm is having with the net pull.

Along with that, my Earthkeeper keeps having this explosion of green light over her head when making orbs... every. single. orb. Haven't tested it on Archdruid yet and Stormcaller doesn't have the issue with the orbs that generate when attacking either. Group members also can't seem to see this either. 

Orbs_Explosion.PNG

 

Lastly, Staff managed to teleport himself into a rock like the champion he is. Congratulations.

Screenshot_509.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
  • Skill Training on Test is 1x speed. For the love of Arkyn and all that is Holy, please put it back to 3x!
  • Using the Mount/Dismount power is confusing. Since there's no mount model, you can't tell easily if you're mounted or not, and if you try to mount while you're already mounted, you'll dismount, but there's no dismount animation, so you just do nothing, causing you to have to press the mount button again
  • The capture UI for a fort got stuck on my UI and would show up whenever I went near a new capture objective. I even went back to the fort during a capture window and it never updated.
  • The Fort Siege windows need to be reworked such that there is always at least 1 fort up for grabs at all times of the day
  • There's a pause in the Fae mounting animation
  • Bows on Female Fae look like they're made for Guineceans
  • Female Fae hold harvesting tools backwards when they run at Trailblazer speed
  • Bows are slightly offset from the hand when charging a Bow shot on a Female Fae
  • Bows do not stay on the back of a Female Fae when in stealth
  • The wind sfx that appears when gliding stays after you stop gliding and until you do another action, like jumping
  • Thx for adding icons to Bow Strings, Bow Rests, and Bow Sights! 👍
  • Leaderboard UI is cutoff on 1366x768 resolution display
Edited by coolster50

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Scoreboard leaves a blurred area on the map screen. You have to bring up scoreboard and close it to make it go away so that you can see map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tray swap cooldown animation is often out of sync.
Channelled skills either can't be cancelled, or can be cancelled by dodge/move but don't reset global cooldown timer, making it impossible to use other skills (E.g. cancel Recall).
Power queue does not work.

Templar can parry infinitely with 1 pip.
Holy Warrior aura animation plays longer than buff duration (>15s).

Suppression Shot explosion animation always shows on top of your own head. It should be on top of targeted area.
Binding Arrows root area does not have any animation. It would be great to have some. May be give it the same animation as Flare, but instead of purple colour, use brown.

Please make it possible to open UI and keep moving. 
Please make it possible to write in chat and keep moving.
Please make it possible to open half-transparent map and keep moving.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, coolster50 said:
  • Skill Training on Test is 1x speed. For the love of Arkyn and all that is Holy, please put it back to 3x!

I'd love to see it set to x1000 for Test, with a reset button to set it back to zero again.  It would be real handy for testing the effect of individual nodes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new crow is very nice and all but for the love of god remove death shroud, its enough to fly to somewhere to get respawned then run all the way back.

While in crow form i couldnt rez at a fort which my faction owned or at a portal, i had to port back to the temple.

Combat seemed more responsive, good job!

cant tell if performance was any better or not as i was the only one playing lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Crafted the Guild Hall for “fun”......
  • Stonemasonry recipes only producing 1 component at a time is godawful. For example: the Guild Hall needs 16 Roof Segments, each Roof Segment needs 5 Wall Insulation, and each Wall Insulation needs 2 Mulch. 16x5x2=160. 160 Mulch, but only 1 Mulch is crafted at a time.... Thank Illara for macros or I’d have carpal tunnel making this thing. Please up how many components are produced per recipe or add some bulk recipes.
  • Placing the Guild Hall was considerably more laggy than the Keep Greathall or the Fort Lodge.
  • The Guild Hall has 6 sockets to place objects like Standing Banners, but none for Crafting Tables, unless you place them outside on an Annex
  • The windows on the Guild Hall were made out of wood.... Wooden windows aren’t great for seeing through, just sayin’
  • Text on a lot of the interaction UI has string text.
  • When picking up a Woodworking Table in my EK, I get the option to “Eject from World”, however my Stonemasonry Table just says “text_loot”
  • Elken Ranger Dual-Wield Melee LMB has a different animation than all other Races’ Ranger Dual-Wield Melee LMB

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/5/2019 at 4:29 AM, Ble said:

I think that honesty is important.  They have plenty of fanbois telling them everything is ok.  Those words represent how the related interactions make me feel when I interact with them.  If not one is willing to get real then they might think "oh well, people don't seem to be minding the PvE and the data we have says raid boss has been killed 457 times, so they must like that interaction as well, lets move on to something else, since PvE is good to go".

They can ignore me, delete my posts or ban me if they can't handle it.

They shouldn’t have to ignore you/ban you/delete your posts to make you act just with a shred of desency.  It’s needless and toxic.


Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/4/2019 at 9:34 PM, Hungry said:

 

 

I think I've been plenty blunt on the forums with my criticism of the game's issues, so you won't count me among the 'fanbois' telling them that everything is OK.  Giving good feedback is critical and being inflammatory does not help make your feedback more clear.  There is a very clear line between "this is a serious problem and needs to be examined" and "your game is a joke."

I’ve seen this thrown around before and I’m not sure if you’re the right person but what the hell.  Who are the fanbois telling them everything is okay?  This isn’t ashes of creation,  I don’t see any sycophants praising them when they don’t deserve it.  In fact I suspect we are the opposite: the CF crowd is pretty brutal in our feedback to the devs (at all tiers). 

Item bloat, leveling, rng on rng, bad PvE (it being so early this is actually understandable), a huge power curve between gear tiers, a lot of prep time to be viable in PvP and issues with avoiding fights being a viable way to stay in the campaign. 

That last one has a possible solution in the works with forts getting windows of opportunity.  Originally I was all for them as it prevents back capping and night capping in an endless loop with the winning strat being don’t fight and take it when nobody is there.  My concern going forward is about forcing people to fight what they perceive to be a losing battle.  How many times will the losing faction contest a fort they have lost a dozen times?  How many times will a faction lose a fight, and they 100% have to fight, but keep the gumption to go to the next fort fight or come back the next day?  

 

 

Edited by mandalore

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, mandalore said:

I’ve seen this thrown around before and I’m not sure if you’re the right person but what the hell.  Who are the fanbois telling them everything is okay?  This isn’t ashes of creation,  I don’t see any sycophants praising them when they don’t deserve it.  In fact I suspect we are the opposite: the CF crowd is pretty brutal in our feedback to the devs (at all tiers). 

Item bloat, leveling, rng on rng, bad PvE (it being so early this is actually understandable), a huge power curve between gear tiers, a lot of prep time to be viable in PvP and issues with avoiding fights being a viable way to stay in the campaign. 

That last one has a possible solution in the works with forts getting windows of opportunity.  Originally I was all for them as it prevents back capping and night capping in an endless loop with the winning strat being don’t fight and take it when nobody is there.  My concern going forward is about forcing people to fight what they perceive to be a losing battle.  How many times will the losing faction contest a fort they have lost a dozen times?  How many times will a faction lose a fight, and they 100% have to fight, but keep the gumption to go to the next fort fight or come back the next day?  

 

 

I actually don't know who they are either.  I think most people actually giving feedback are pretty critical of issues.

 

As for the siege window timers.  I'm hoping they help but I honestly have no idea if they will solve the problems of the Faction v Faction ruleset.  I am of half a mind that it would be better to abandon it and just get to focusing dev time on what matters (Dregs).  That sentiment is probably ultimately worse for the game but I'm kind of tired of trying to fix a system that with the current pre-alpha population seems to be unfixable. Maybe I'm just in a bad mood today.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...