Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
shadowthorne

Last upgrade ruined the game

Hi all. I really want to like this game. I paid $60 buck to test and to get early access. I'm in a guild but I young kids and I can't hop on and chat at night. Prior to this last wipe that wasn't a problem. I could level on mobs, get gold, pick the disciplines for crafting and make ok armor. Now I can't even solo. Gold is a rare commodity, most things can't be sacrificed for xp anymore.

I was ok with the idea of going solo and trying to survive in the wild, but this is last patch felt like we went in the wrong direction. I could get if we were in full swing and there were thousands of players on at a time to pair up with. 

Any plans to  make this game a little easier to solo in?

16 minutes ago, shadowthorne said:

Any plans to  make this game a little easier to solo in?

It’s not intended to be solo played.  You need multiple harvesters, multiple crafters and teams of people to farm runes.  There are some small scale PvP objectives that a solo player can do (and since they are smaller they are easier and worth less points) but gear and harvesting is by its core nature designed that you will need others to do for you what you can’t.  No single account will ever be self sustaining with all of its gear and harvesting needs.  You will need a division of labor or access to people with it. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

1 minute ago, shadowthorne said:

I get that, I wish it would have said that on the Crowfall website prior to me paying $60 lol

You could have asked anybody in the community.  

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Find a guild that’s capable of supporting a less active player.  Not every member has to no life neckbeard it.  

wiDfyPp.png

This SPRPG game should be easier for Single Players to Role Play Game in it....

Pretty much every time the topic is brought up by the devs its "this is a cooperative game".  Find friends/guilds.   It's absolutely an intentional characteristic of Crowfall design that playing this game solo sucks.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, mandalore said:

Not every member has to no life neckbeard it.

There are several guilds in this game on either faction (I can only speak for NA, I don't know anyone on EU, sorry) who support a variety of availability. If you just want to chill solo and harvest, and supply your guild with crafting goods--that's useful, and viable. Being the one-man army of harvester/crafter is technically feasible, but to get yourself to the point where anyone but yourself would want said goods, is an entirely different story. The more you choose a specific focus for your skill training, the more valuable you'll be in that specific thing.

Check the guild recruitment threads. Check out the unofficial Discord. Take your take and get to know some people. Find out what group of players fit your personality and style. There WILL be wipe(s) before this game launches. None of our skills matter. None of the gear we can craft now matters. What does matter in the here and now, are the connections we can make in the community, with players, and guilds. So my advice would be: meet people, chat 'em up, keep your eye on the Discord/forums/faction in game chat. Get a feel for who might fit you well, and reach out.

Edited by ZombieGandhi
typin' and stuff

5 minutes ago, ZombieGandhi said:

There are several guilds in this game on either faction (I can only speak for NA, I don't know anyone on EU, sorry) who support a variety of availability. If you just want to chill solo and harvest, and supply your guild with crafting goods--that's useful, and viable. Being the one-man army of harvester/crafter is technically feasible, but to get yourself to the point where anyone but yourself would want said goods, is an entirely different story. The more you choose a specific focus for your skill training, the more valuable you'll be in that specific thing.

Check the guild recruitment threads. Check out the unofficial Discord. Take your take and get to know some people. Find out what group of players fit your personality and style. There WILL be wipe(s) before this game launches. None of our skills matter. None of the gear we can craft now matters. What does matter in the here and now, are the connections we can make in the community, with players, and guilds. So my advice would be: meet people, chat 'em up, keep your eye on the Discord/forums/faction in game chat. Get a feel for who might fit you well, and reach out.

Also don’t put too much into what faction you are now.  At the end of every trial you can repick one and join your new guild. 

wiDfyPp.png

@shadowthorne my hopes are on improvements to marketability.  If you can ninja harvest, sell that stuff, and eventually earn enough to buy the other stuff you need, then soloing becomes a viable (albeit long and lonely) play style.

Towards that end, I'm concerned that it takes quite a lot of playing before you can afford to build a vendor stall and put an NPC shopkeep in there, and then you've got to pay upkeep... it is just too much overhead for one person... and since you can't get money this way until you've completely setup a vendor, it's pretty much a borked strategy at present. Unless they change this, soloing looks not very viable until after 3-5 months of skill development.

But the thing is they only need to make a few changes to make it a lot more viable.  All they need to do is add "sell by consignment", and then a lowly lumberjack could sell wood though somebody else's vendor, and use that money to eventually buy armor, weapons, and what not.  Then you wouldn't have to try to do everything yourself, you could always just do the one thing you want to specialize in and make that your livelihood.

4 hours ago, shadowthorne said:

I'm in a guild but I young kids and I can't hop on and chat at night. Prior to this last wipe that wasn't a problem. I could level on mobs, get gold, pick the disciplines for crafting and make ok armor. Now I can't even solo. Gold is a rare commodity, most things can't be sacrificed for xp anymore.

The intention for Crowfall is that there will be things you can accomplish solo, but you can't be 100% self sufficient (meaning that at some point you will need to engage with other players for trade, join a faction/guild, or for some types of pve and pvp activities)  Your concerns are valid, however, if you feel you can't progress at all doing solo activities.

Many systems are in development flux right now, so give the developers some time to balance and adjust everything - keep testing as new builds come out, and continue to give your feedback on the issue.

tiPrpwh.png