Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
RunningWithRandoms

DPS cleric players.

I've been looking over a few classes and I think there's something about DPS cleric that contains some inherent force multipliers, unfortunately it appears it almost requires higher teir vessels to work, AND combat training to really make it click together.

I'm hoping to find 4-9 other players from any guilds (as long as we're able to get a same faction selection) who are willing to run a high level dps cleric in a group.  Again, you don't have to be in a guild, but if you're able to group up to make a 5 man group of leveled, geared, skilled dps clerics, and WANT to do it, hit me up.

If you think it's a stupid idea, your opinion has been noted.  No need to waste the time explaining it 😉

If you're curious enough to trial it for real, leave a message, or ping me your discord add :D  Thanks.

P.S.  The things I'm seeing that work together don't really start to take effect with less than 3 together, and they don't mean much at that point either, I'm REALLY looking to get at least 5 players to form a full team.  Preferably with an extra or two to make sure we can fill ranks for the seige tests.

3 hours ago, RunningWithRandoms said:

I've been looking over a few classes and I think there's something about DPS cleric that contains some inherent force multipliers, unfortunately it appears it almost requires higher teir vessels to work, AND combat training to really make it click together.

I'm hoping to find 4-9 other players from any guilds (as long as we're able to get a same faction selection) who are willing to run a high level dps cleric in a group.  Again, you don't have to be in a guild, but if you're able to group up to make a 5 man group of leveled, geared, skilled dps clerics, and WANT to do it, hit me up.

If you think it's a stupid idea, your opinion has been noted.  No need to waste the time explaining it 😉

If you're curious enough to trial it for real, leave a message, or ping me your discord add :D  Thanks.

P.S.  The things I'm seeing that work together don't really start to take effect with less than 3 together, and they don't mean much at that point either, I'm REALLY looking to get at least 5 players to form a full team.  Preferably with an extra or two to make sure we can fill ranks for the seige tests.

The radical cleric has serious mana sustain issues (even after they fixed one of the problems) and does fire damage.  All elemental damage is shut down by one discipline (Elementalist has both top tier defensive and offensive abilities on one major disc) and it's a very high in demand rune.  The radical is also really only good when it can back to back ult, if you start a fight without both ults charged your damage is sub par but with it then your your sustained cleave damage is top tier.  You would need to play a HG (their racial gives mana back upon taking dmg), run max power efficiency and use every mana ability you have on CD to keep your mana up long enough to rotate through your abilities.  

I wish radical worked but it needs some tweaking here and there to be as viable as things like Champion. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

It has potential but if you need to coordinate a group around the radical just to make it work, it's not viable unfortunately. Other meta classes are strong because they have strong positives without strong weaknesses. Not being able to sustain mana is a strong weakness, but the DPS doesn't counterbalance how poor the sustain is.
If it had big bursty dps at the cost of high mana, great. But (compared to others like alpha or confessor) it doesn't.

Hope it works some day for sure, same with a lot of the under-valued specs.

1 hour ago, Mediocre said:

Hope it works some day for sure, same with a lot of the under-valued specs.

Me too.  More variant in meta dps is always a good thing. 

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Tight synergistic core groups will always out perform clusters of well performing individuals.

I'm not saying DPS cleric belongs in that statement lol, but the statement is pretty much true as a general statement.

I'm looking to hands on explore some of the stuff that seems useless in solo respects, but definitely has potential to be force multipliers.

Still keen to talk to anyone willing to put time in,  I mean it's alpha, what else are you testing out? :p

1 hour ago, RunningWithRandoms said:

Tight synergistic core groups will always out perform clusters of well performing individuals.

I'm not saying DPS cleric belongs in that statement lol, but the statement is pretty much true as a general statement.

I'm looking to hands on explore some of the stuff that seems useless in solo respects, but definitely has potential to be force multipliers.

Still keen to talk to anyone willing to put time in,  I mean it's alpha, what else are you testing out? 😛

When they fix its mana issues and the fact that it’s easily countered by a very popular rune then it will he come a staple of large siege fights but as it it’s just underwhelming and a liability when compared to the classes that work now. 

wiDfyPp.png

1 hour ago, RunningWithRandoms said:

Still keen to talk to anyone willing to put time in,  I mean it's alpha, what else are you testing out? 😛

When they fix its mana issues and the fact that it’s easily countered by a very popular rune then it will he come a staple of large siege fights but as it it’s just underwhelming and a liability when compared to the classes that work now. 

wiDfyPp.png

mana isn't an issue in a priest cluster due to inspire rotation.  it's not an issue with 2, it's certainly not an issue with 3+ :p  I 100% agree that dps cleric as a class in singular is poorly made socks, but in a group, the things that make it bad, sort of evaporate (theoretically) and the things that make it interesting, actually make it GOOD (theoretically).

11 hours ago, RunningWithRandoms said:

mana isn't an issue in a priest cluster due to inspire rotation.  it's not an issue with 2, it's certainly not an issue with 3+ 😛 I 100% agree that dps cleric as a class in singular is poorly made socks, but in a group, the things that make it bad, sort of evaporate (theoretically) and the things that make it interesting, actually make it GOOD (theoretically).

Sure, if you can maintain perfect uptime of illuminate with zero over lap you can probably be viable.  Good luck? 

Or like the rest of us you can make a post on the feedback section about mana costs being too high and wait till they fix it. 

wiDfyPp.png

it only takes 1 heal cleric and 1 dps cleric to stop the mana issue, and yes, it's bad that it punishes dps cleric at all, but that's not what I was talking about to begin with at all.

I'm not here to FIX the game, I'm asking a simple question.

Who is interested in hands on trying these things.  If you're not interested in trying it, that's all good, just not the post for you?  Maybe the ones in feedback sections are more appropriate to those comments?

If you're interested in playing with combo's in the current state of the game, especially with the wipe on it's way, this is the thread.

51 minutes ago, RunningWithRandoms said:

it only takes 1 heal cleric and 1 dps cleric to stop the mana issue, and yes, it's bad that it punishes dps cleric at all, but that's not what I was talking about to begin with at all.

I'm not here to FIX the game, I'm asking a simple question.

Who is interested in hands on trying these things.  If you're not interested in trying it, that's all good, just not the post for you?  Maybe the ones in feedback sections are more appropriate to those comments?

If you're interested in playing with combo's in the current state of the game, especially with the wipe on it's way, this is the thread.

You are going to be hard pressed to find any of the major guilds that run in a group wanting to guild you, gear, level and then bring a subpar spec to a fight they might want to win.  I too want to play radical but until it gets a mana fix, some alteration to its skill tree (passive tree still gives things like crushing damage when it's been changed to fire damage) and a look at how poorly it pairs with most major disc.  It needs some serious love and wishing it away simply wont resolve.  Why bring a radical that I know doesn't work as well as a confessor?  Why bring ranged at all when the meta is melee ball smashing into things?  I'd press for the class to be fixed so posts like this are taken serious by prospective guilds and you get the opportunities to play at guild based siege events. 

1.  The mana cost for basic attacks, even with the talent that reduces its cost, is still too high.  (Why do basic attacks even cost mana?) 

2.  The skill tree still has crushing penetration when the weapon damage has been changed to fire damage. 

3.  Being fire damage it is completely countered by one discipline (as is every other ranged dps besides ranger and sometimes ranger if using a elemental bow).

4.  The Holy Symbol change to damage is very low for its long cool down and large mana cost. 

5.  All of the discipline abilities cost a huge amount of mana, often more than even the base kit powers. 

6.  There aren't very many discs that pair well with the disc. 

All of that needs to be fixed.  Once they fix it I am sure radical will take its place near the top for aoe sustained damage charts but until then nearly everything out performs it. 

wiDfyPp.png

Posted (edited)

You're assuming a single state of combat.  I assume you're referencing Siege,  Again with the mana, it's ZERO issue with 2 clerics, ABSOLUTELY NOT AN ISSUE with more.  Let that point go.

Yeah, it's meant to be holy damage last I heard, the game has lots of bugs on MANY classes especially in the final branches.

Holy symbol is VERY low damage, not worth the time to cast it USUALLY.

There are plenty of disciplines that pair EXCEPTIONALLY well with the dps ulti.  Depending on what style of combat you want to engage in.

Regardless, why are you still harping on about it not working?  If you don't WANT to test, then read the OP, this threads not for THAT discussion.  It's not about if it's a good idea, it's about if you want to test it.  Why not post all this stuff in the appropriate thread?

I hear what you're saying, I disagree on some points, not all, but you're having a discussion I didn't invite here, nor want it to continue here.  It's completely Off Topic for the thread.

Edited by RunningWithRandoms

Hey @RunningWithRandoms, it sure sounds like a fun idea - but as @mandalore is mentioning, you will grind to a halt pretty quickly in fights.

Seeing as a healing clerics illuminate doesn't refund more mana than a radicals, I doubt that alone would fix the mana problem.

But not only does the radical have a mana problem, you also have very low dmg output versus any other ranged dps currently.

But if you still want to go through with this, I suggest you get 1 earthkeeper, 1 crusader and 3 radicals.

Clerics rotating their illuminates, as they don't stack - so careful you don't overlap.

Earthkeeper will be able to refund mana as well, every 3rd big druid orb refunds mana to you.

And then you should go half-giant on the radicals.

Everytime the racial giant smash procs, you get a bunch of mana back. (it takes 5 small hits to make it proc on you).

I tested radical myself on 5.9, and neither dmg nor mana was a good sight.

Anyway good luck with it, hope you make it work 😊

pJ5xyok.png
My Twitch - My Youtube - Apply to Vanguard HERE!

Posted (edited)

I’d run int based HGs with the “hit me” minor disc slotted to get as much as you can and even then it’s rough. 

Edited by mandalore

wiDfyPp.png

Imminently punchable?

OP seems frustrated with the discussion but that’s what’s going to happen when you post it here.  

You also have mentioned several times something similar to “don’t you want to test it”?  We have, many times.

Lastly, the amount of DPS clerics you are looking for do not even exist.  There might possibly be enough to put one group together  but I doubt it.  Maybe try the unofficial Crowfall discord.  Has lots of people on it as well.

I promise you this though, your group of clerics will not have a chance vs a group of equally geared meta types.  You’d not be able to keep up with the burst from alphas, especially if they have counterhealing.

2 hours ago, Ble said:

Imminently punchable?

OP seems frustrated with the discussion but that’s what’s going to happen when you post it here.  

You also have mentioned several times something similar to “don’t you want to test it”?  We have, many times.

Lastly, the amount of DPS clerics you are looking for do not even exist.  There might possibly be enough to put one group together  but I doubt it.  Maybe try the unofficial Crowfall discord.  Has lots of people on it as well.

I promise you this though, your group of clerics will not have a chance vs a group of equally geared meta types.  You’d not be able to keep up with the burst from alphas, especially if they have counterhealing.

Lol yea that one, not hit me. 

The meta doesn’t favor what you want OP.  It’s just not viable.  Wish it was.  

wiDfyPp.png

1 minute ago, Phr00t said:

That damage is uh... not good

Wish it was, I’d love to see some diversity in the meta besides alpha warriors and more alpha warriors. 

wiDfyPp.png

I'm not frustrated with the conversation, only the inconsistency of it.

It won't work "we have tested it"...  but you haven't have you?  You're saying there aren't enough dps cleric to run a group.... what you're saying is you've tested ONE dps cleric... and haven't bothered to test group synergies off it.  I go appreicate the theory craft suggestion of a druid thou, but I feel you're focusing the mana issue FAR too much.

If you HAD of tested multi clerics, you wouldn't need to "doubt it" anymore, you'd see the mana is not an issue.  Dps cleric ultimate restores enough mana to keep it going with the rotation of buffs with just 2 clerics.

Also, thew half giant thing isn't actually useful, it is for pve not pvp.  You're not getting hit for >200 damage in PvP... you're far better off with human, and use an appropriate discipine combo.

There's just this totally unecessary fixation on the mana issue tho... I can't say it again, it's not an issue.

19 minutes ago, RunningWithRandoms said:

I'm not frustrated with the conversation, only the inconsistency of it.

It won't work "we have tested it"...  but you haven't have you?  You're saying there aren't enough dps cleric to run a group.... what you're saying is you've tested ONE dps cleric... and haven't bothered to test group synergies off it.  I go appreicate the theory craft suggestion of a druid thou, but I feel you're focusing the mana issue FAR too much.

If you HAD of tested multi clerics, you wouldn't need to "doubt it" anymore, you'd see the mana is not an issue.  Dps cleric ultimate restores enough mana to keep it going with the rotation of buffs with just 2 clerics.

Also, thew half giant thing isn't actually useful, it is for pve not pvp.  You're not getting hit for >200 damage in PvP... you're far better off with human, and use an appropriate discipine combo.

There's just this totally unecessary fixation on the mana issue tho... I can't say it again, it's not an issue.

Sure thing buddy, let me know when you find a guild willing to gear and run that.  The damage just isn’t there but you keep on ignoring all the veterans of the game who are trying to help you.  We all want radical to work but it doesn’t.  

When you bring that comp to a siege please record it.  I wanna watch the Alpha Champion melee ball smash it. 

wiDfyPp.png