Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Vesperre

Uncle Bob killed SB so....why haven't you arrested him yet?

He's a serial killer and he's out to get Crowfall.  Beware!  

Joke's aside, I see this  being a huge downfall for CF.  I have nothing against Winterblades, the play to win, can't fault that but how many campaigns do we just shrug our shoulders and say' Oh well..'.  This killed Shadow Bane yet I don't see any mechanic to mitigate this problem.  I now this isn't Fortnite but you definitely need more game style modes to well have people engaged.  Maybe a instanced ARENA mode (i.e. Wow Arenas) or battle royal 100v100.   I'm spit balling here but I'm sure you've thought about this.  I want this game to succeed and I feel sometimes you guys can't see the forest for the trees.  I've never played Dregs but I really hope it's not a roffle stomp.

My 2000,000 cents,

Vesperre

Edited by Vesperre

There will be no success until people acknowledge why they are losing and make changes to remedy those problems.

1. You're being out commed.
  2. You're being out harvested.
  3. You're being out crafted.
  4. You're being out organized.
  5. You're being out executed.
  6. You're being out geared.
  7. You're being out disciplined.
  8. You're being out lead.

I've seen faction changes, guilds moving around, Crem trying to unite an entire fractured faction.  But I've never seen any of the above things actually fixed.  None of those guilds actually want to unify under one tag.  They don't really want to work together, they just fight beside each other.  They have not spent the time it takes for an alliance to mesh and become truly unified.  From my perspective, it seems no one really wants to try and win for fear they'll try and still lose.

The first CW after HoA moved to Balance, we didn't talk to W at all, we didn't even operate in the same zones.  We never comm'd with them outside of siege time.  When comms did happen, it was between GMs.  Now we are close knit.  We help each other, we share discords, we often jump between.  We group together.  We fort/outpost together.  We level together.  We farm together.  We share mats.  We share knowledge.  We are happy to help each other, even if there's nothing immediately in it for ourselves.  We fight truly WITH each other at siege.  We are a single unit.  We plan ahead of time.  We execute the plans.  We stfu in comms and get lead by good leaders during siege.  We have the discipline and focus to follow orders as they change and new info is provided.   We have the drive to be successful and nothing else is acceptable.

Does that mean we all neckbeard?  Hardly.  We had several members this CW who had no time to play.  We made them bodies, leveled them and geared them and still not even all of them could log in.  But thats ok, they'll do it for others some day down the road.

How do you create a system to "combat" this?  Any system that makes it easier for people who don't try and wont go the extra mile to win, will also make it easier for people who do tryhard to win.  They've already created a capture bonus that allows you to get >98% of the points that were awarded for holding said objective.  That seems extremely powerful to me.

And in none of this post did I say people are "being out played' or make any comments to a players skill or the skill level of the players in a certain faction.  I'm fairly certain that the same amount of skill, generally, is present in each player and faction.  This game is not very hard "skill" wise.

Edited by Ble

2 hours ago, TheMap said:

Because uncle bob has the biggest influence. "looks for change my mind sign"

Most of the dev partners don't want Uncle Bob. I argue, rail and dissent against it. I don't want complex systems for the sake of complexity.  I want meaningful PvP, complex character creation, asset control/destruction, a lowered PvE requirement for vessels/gear/disc and a flattened curve so legendary gear doesn't smash 1v5 new players with little to no threat. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

9 minutes ago, nerion said:

I love how feisty y'all get when being called a zerg.

You are the first to make that accusation in this thread.

IhhQKY6.gif

Ble basically wrote an essay talking about your alliance, as a response.

Edited by nerion
Come on, Jah. The first step to fixing a problem is admitting it!

11 minutes ago, nerion said:

Come on, Jah. The first step to fixing a problem is admitting it!

What problem are you talking about? The fact that you keep losing?

IhhQKY6.gif

1 minute ago, Ble said:

Still in the denial phase, I see.

You literally wrote an essay about your alliance as a response to someone bringing up Uncle Bob issues.

Just now, nerion said:

You literally wrote an essay about your alliance as a response to someone bringing up Uncle Bob issues.

Let me know when you've hit acceptance.

I am an order player, and have been that way since the trials began. I did not play alot last campaign as my pc was dying, but when I did play order was quite close to beating down the alliance, and turning the tide of battle, a couple of nights we were really hindered by chaos attacking us at the same time so we could not both defend and try for an balance keep, a couple of nights we seemed to be like 10-20 people short of balances numbers, I am  not saying we would win but as crappy as my pc was it seemed to be some preety decent fights.

I agree with what ble said and I respect his guild and his points but I too have an awesome guild. Transcendence rocks Neuby and Wolf are my leaders and I pray we will all keep up the resistance. I also agree that order seemed to lack some general direction as a whole at siege time, our faction was made up of like I dont know 4-5 main guilds and there was some confusion on discord and such

I guess the point I am trying to make is as frustrating as it has been to be losing all the time, I dont think we are losing by much and I think alot of the reason we are having issues getting over the hump is either a throw together treaty with chaos during the campaign (non aggression for 24 hrs whatever)  or a bit better communication between guilds, or even just a few more geared leveled players, like 10-15..

None of those things is really a developers issue though, especially at this point/state of the game 

Edited by seastodd
nn

You are talking uncle bob issues in a phase of the game where the population is small and of that small population a subset of the most active/knowledgeable players have joined forces on the same faction.

Outside of this little subset very few of the current players care about "winning" the campaign, in fact you probably find the majority of other players come and go during the campaign and switch back or forth between the 2 campaigns depending on what they are looking at doing that day\evening.

There is currently no "carrot" to even put in the effort over just having a dabble playing around in the worlds and check stuff out learning systems. Without proper guild systems and rewards in place there is also no incentive for guilds just watching from the sidelines to actively make a concerted effort in winning. Instead you have random guilds making peacemeal attempts here and there.

Nvm

Edited by mandalore

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png