Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

REVISED - Update 5.90 - Official discussion thread

Posted (edited)

We are excited to share that our plan is to release The God Trials update to our TEST server next week.

FULL STORY

---------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 5/13/19

Hey, everyone! We are in the final stages of the God Trials update deployment. I promised I would tell you more when I had more to tell. Here it is. 

NO WIPE FOR The God Trials (Pre-Alpha 5.90)
We are trying to keep wipes to a minimum, so the decision was made not to do a wipe with 5.90. 

REWARDS RESET
We will be resetting Backer Rewards (i.e. Eternal Kingdom assets, badges, etc.) 

WHEN
The update is at least 24-hours away from deployment. During that time, we will continue to address known issues and fine-tune the items on our to-do list. We'll make an announcement when we have a firm "go time". 

WHAT TO EXPECT
Here's the overall strategy for this update: 
1. The God Trials (Pre-Alpha 5.90) will be rolled out to God's Reach. 
2. At least 24 hours later, we'll prop it up on LIVE and begin a short (four-day) campaign. (Note: This will be a non-sanctioned campaign, not a War or Trial of the Gods campaign. Details will be announced soon.) 
3. When that campaign ends, we will kick off a new Trial of the Gods. 

More news as I get it!  

UPDATE 5/14/19

We are in the process of deploying 5.90 to God's Reach now. LIVE will remain in maintenance mode until the update is complete. I am not able to give an ETA for when service to LIVE will be restored. Meanwhile, TEST is up and there are two active campaigns there for those who would like to spend some time there checking out the new hotness while they wait for LIVE to open again. 

CORRECTION: My most humble apology for the incorrect information posted previously: Purchases have NOT been reset. This means that your EK and all the items there, including your vendor's merchandise, will be right where you left it. 

Edited by Pann
Added more new information

Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community

Posted (edited)

Ok ..so you will start a Campaign on Test ?

Will we get a actuall Copy of the Account ?

You closing Live for this Time ? If Gods Reach will stay online i would bet most ppl will Hang arround there and farm Dust / Embers etc

This is really confusing me lol ...

Edited by Roccah

Posted (edited)

Guess it is 5.9 " The God Trials" like it was / should have been 5.8 "First sanctioned Campaign". But as things went the one or other thing took place ealier / will take place later?

And yes, what will be going on on TEST next week would be a good thing to get more detailed info about maybe?

Last time it went LIVE pretty fast as not that many players had been on TEST...

Edited by Surelia

1 hour ago, Pann said:

We are excited to share that our plan is to release The God Trials update to our TEST server next week.

FULL STORY

Is there a scheduled wipe happening anytime between now and then? 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

15 minutes ago, Duffy said:

After I read that I still don’t really know what’s going on.

5.90 will be on TEST next week and they'd like us to test it.

Some time later 5.90 will go to LIVE and there will be a short campaign, but it won't be a Trial.

Some time after that we will get the next Trial on LIVE.

IhhQKY6.gif

Probably a good idea to get test out on live for a smaller test run before throwing us into a 2-3 week campaign with pop up issues that need some serious tweaking. 👍

They want 5.9 to be the test version for the next trial but it’s not ready and needs to tested.  Their choices were launch a trial on an older more stable version and delay 5.90 (bad), delay 5.90 and have us test it till it’s ready (good) or launch it early on 5.90 and stamp out fires as they happen (bad).  5.90 is a big move forward on the client controller and needs to be done right (this means mass tested) to ensure it’s working (or not working so it can be fixed).  

Tldr; play on test for a week, don’t worry balance will win the next campaign anyways. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

4 hours ago, mandalore said:

They want 5.9 to be the test version for the next trial but it’s not ready and needs to tested.  Their choices were launch a trial on an older more stable version and delay 5.90 (bad), delay 5.90 and have us test it till it’s ready (good) or launch it early on 5.90 and stamp out fires as they happen (bad).  5.90 is a big move forward on the client controller and needs to be done right (this means mass tested) to ensure it’s working (or not working so it can be fixed).  

Tldr; play on test for a week, don’t worry balance will win the next campaign anyways. 

You assume everyone plays NA 😅 On EU it's the KDS crowd on order that rofl stomps everything, they remind me of goonswarm.

logo_v2_banner.png

Do you want us to test on test server or compete? 

Say I log in to go mess around with crafting. I’m not about to go farm the mats, no lasting benefit to my time. So I look to go visit a keep where they’re readily available. Nope can’t do that, owned by another faction. I log out of test and go back to live and farm mats. Dev team gains nothing from my time just like me.

If you want crafters to craft, put vendors and tables in the temples. If you want us to gather remove all mat vendors. If you want us to PvP put quality gear on the vendors. If you need it all tested, put it all on the vendors. 

Right now the only real value test has is testing character builds out. Outside of that the  more sensible activity to an avg player is to farm mats/gold on LIve. 

Give us the tools and direct us. Don’t have us pissing in the wind.