Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

REVISED - Update 5.90 - Official discussion thread

9 hours ago, oneply said:

Do you want us to test on test server or compete? 

Say I log in to go mess around with crafting. I’m not about to go farm the mats, no lasting benefit to my time. So I look to go visit a keep where they’re readily available. Nope can’t do that, owned by another faction. I log out of test and go back to live and farm mats. Dev team gains nothing from my time just like me.

If you want crafters to craft, put vendors and tables in the temples. If you want us to gather remove all mat vendors. If you want us to PvP put quality gear on the vendors. If you need it all tested, put it all on the vendors. 

Right now the only real value test has is testing character builds out. Outside of that the  more sensible activity to an avg player is to farm mats/gold on LIve. 

Give us the tools and direct us. Don’t have us pissing in the wind. 

I still have no idea why people are allergic to taking the free mats given, throwing them into making their own stations, and then placing all 9 stations in their EK, for their own personal use.  On test, that doesn't even take effort anymore.  Could in theory craft a full list of legendary everything for a full set of characters in nothing more than an hour, maybe two, while never crafting a single item in either test campaign or test reach.

Though otherwise, you still have a point.  Crafting isn't even a big thing, so after you have all of that tested and made (and again, an hour, maybe two), then what?  There is still very little to do, and very little direction.  There is probably a ton of features that aren't being tested at all, due to lack of motivation and lack of circumstance.  The people who have been doing stuff with Test, are now bored of it.

It's a shame we couldn't have been testing 5.9 sooner in the process, this void of nothing is just making people rather tense.  There are quite a number of people who want to pick up the rivalry where it left off.  There are many others who feel gated by how little can be done with Campaign closed (the lack of worthwhile mobs and materials).  Most people at this point are playing something else waiting for something to do.

But this plan is still unclear on how things will go forwards.  It's like it says "Test will test until it has tested, then insert magic and things will and won't happen while updates!  After magical stuff happens, new campaign!"  There is this void-space between here and there that just makes no sense still.  It would be great if someone could make this a whole lot clearer, so I can even figure out if this is a good plan or not.

Milla's Elemental Mastery [Ravens & Crows - See "About Me" Section]:

Spoiler
  • Rosaline: Elemental of Earth, Female Wood-Elf Earth-Keeper, Political Main.
  • Ametrine: Elemental of Fire, Female Nethari Fire-Sanctifer, Endurance Main.
  • Sylphine: Elemental of Air, Female Fae Storm-Caller, Combat Main.
  • Cyandine: Elemental of Water, Female High-Elf Frost-Weaver, Tactical Main.
  • Lumirine: Elemental of Light, Female Human Holy-Crusader, Support Assist.
  • Ebontine: Elemental of Dark, Female Half-Elf Moon-Warden, Survival Assist.

I can bring the Lawn up on test as well if that would be helpful. 

What I don't get is why not have a non trials campaign running on live for the folks that want to play on live?

If you have to get people on test the say exactly that. Don;t make a confusing port then go crickets for 4-5 days. 

I can only test when I have things I want to test. Like my explosive thorns Druid build. (Not worth it) We have very few structured groups playing around on test because it goes away/down randomly so why bother.

We need some direction or prodding for most players to test things. 

Yall know nothing entices grumpy antagonistic players like killing devs.

Get a fort with a decent window for you guys to defend near the end of the day and challenge us to take it. That would get testing going fast. people would be building gear and making toons in a heartbeat to have a chance to exploit the hell out of bugs to kill some devs. 

It does not have to be the whole dev team, but a few names here or there would help a ton.

Play with us again. Get some off the cuff video. Have a little fun and play a little. 

No other news except that no new trials campaign, till test is patched to live. 

That might mean almost anything though. Rub the magic 8 ball for reassurance.

5 hours ago, Incarnatus said:

Any news as to when the next campaign will be available on the LIVE server?

Things are still like..

On 5/7/2019 at 12:40 AM, Lanie said:

But this plan is still unclear on how things will go forwards.  It's like it says "Test will test until it has tested, then insert magic and things will and won't happen while updates!  After magical stuff happens, new campaign!"  There is this void-space between here and there that just makes no sense still.  It would be great if someone could make this a whole lot clearer, so I can even figure out if this is a good plan or not.

Edited by Lanie

Spoiler

Hopefully they will give us some type of heads up as to their plans today before the weekend. 

I am trying to play on test, Lanie again is correct, it takes next to know time to gear and level a vessel so that is what I did,  I ran around a bit noticed a couple of things, there really is no one around. I will try again later today when these forts are supposed to go active on test, see if there is anyone to fight and what is up with the mechanics, but it just really seems they mine as well get this on live.

The main reason in my eyes is alot of the problems seem to be with the new seige system which would not affect people wanting to play in gods reach that much anyways.

I dont think anyone would care if you patched today, and than next Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday on live at this point, even if it meant restarting whatever campaign you throw up or resetting the scores which are not going to matter in the next one anyways

Regardless I hope a quick post as to your plans for the next week is forthcoming that would be awesome

5.90 is a huge leap forward in so many ways... I posted my experience on the test server last night in the Snap Test Feedback thread, but I wanted to drop it here, too, because I had so much fun playing and writing about the experience!

Five Ninety: Hour One

I was born a poor, human templar. My crow reanimated into a bald, red-bearded human vessel, and I immediately ran through the familiar stretch of Starter Forest--but everything looked clearer, and running felt smoother somehow. I know I say this every time I inhabit a new vessel, but it literally felt like I was seeing the same old world through a fresh set of eyes.

At the end of the Noob Stretch, I found a weapon rack laden with all the Leveling Dust I could burn. Level 30 feels better than I remember.

After picking up some legendary plate armor and a more-powerful Greatsword, I request a few Major Discipline runes from a nearby vendor-- and he laughs in my face!

"Vendor Thralls cannot craft runes, m'lord! But I have infinity souls for your perusal, all at the low, low price of zero!"

Confused, I look through a wide variety of items and eventually grab some Major Discipline-named Souls and crafting components, then I jump through a shimmering Rune Gate to the Balance temple and my jaw drops open. The Temple is more beautiful than I remember--in fact, it's objectively more beautiful than it's ever been.

I scan the zone maps for an unoccupied fortress and immediately head there to check out the crafting recipes which are now visible at EVERY BENCH! No runes required-- and that's good news, because I'm still not entirely sure how to cram a soul into a rune... but I know just the type of bench where I can try.

Five Ninety: Hour Two

Gods be praised--the fort houses a collection of magical chests brimming with all the body parts you could ever imagine! Sure, it stinks... but it's INFINITY body parts crammed into a couple chests. Of course it stinks!

I quickly revivify and assemble an Elken vessel at the Necromancy altar, complete with hand-picked parts to be a fiery, intelligent Confessor. You know, these goggles are really helpful! Before I was like, "What the heck! Where do the hands go?" But then I popped on these bad-boys *gestures to Goggles* and after a quick glance, BAM! "Oh, yeah! On the ends of the arms!"

After transferring the Elken Confessor-to-be into my Spirit Bank, I decide to explore a nearby canyon which I'd passed on the way to the fort.

And then: tragedy.

Perhaps it was the way the wind rustled through the pine needles. Maybe my crow simply yearned to soar into the sky once more-- it's felt like an eternity since my crow flew unburdened from these dying worlds, free to rise above them and revel in the vessel-less atmosphere yet untouched by the Hunger. Lofty thoughts filled my mind with distractions...

As my broken body laid upon the canyon floor, I wondered why I didn't pay more attention when I saw all those spider webs and cocoons.

The memories are fresh as I transfer them unto you, yet even now they fade beyond recognition.

I am a detached crow, flying through Rune Gates, lost and confused.

So confused about where to reclaim my body that I posted on the forum, even!

20 minutes ago, delscorcho said:

So confused about where to reclaim my body that I posted on the forum, even!

Yeaaah, sadly you have to travel all the way back to your temple or find a Fort/Keep your faction has claimed. x_x

On 5/3/2019 at 4:53 PM, Pann said:

We are excited to share that our plan is to release The God Trials update to our TEST server next week.

FULL STORY

---------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 5/13/19

Hey, everyone! We are in the final stages of the God Trials update deployment. I promised I would tell you more when I had more to tell. Here it is. 

NO WIPE FOR The God Trials (Pre-Alpha 5.90)
We are trying to keep wipes to a minimum, so the decision was made not to do a wipe with 5.90. 

REWARDS RESET
We will be resetting Backer Rewards (i.e. Eternal Kingdom assets, badges, etc.) 

WHEN
The update is at least 24-hours away from deployment. During that time, we will continue to address known issues and fine-tune the items on our to-do list. We'll make an announcement when we have a firm "go time". 

WHAT TO EXPECT
Here's the overall strategy for this update: 
1. The God Trials (Pre-Alpha 5.90) will be rolled out to God's Reach. 
2. At least 24 hours later, we'll prop it up on LIVE and begin a short (four-day) campaign. (Note: This will be a non-sanctioned campaign, not a War or Trial of the Gods campaign. Details will be announced soon.) 
3. When that campaign ends, we will kick off a new Trial of the Gods. 

More news as I get it!  

Thanks for the update.

On 5/3/2019 at 2:53 PM, Pann said:

1. The God Trials (Pre-Alpha 5.90) will be rolled out to God's Reach. 

@Pann, does this particular part (#1) occur on Test or on Live.

Spoiler

12 minutes ago, Arkade said:

On LIVE. It's already on TEST.

There is no "God's Reach" on Test, so no.  This is why I was asking for clarification, to determine if we will be asked to do testing in a Reach environment (not a popular idea), or if instead we will get to migrate to 5.9 within our existing live service (as it otherwise currently is).

Spoiler

If i wouldn't be working on the guild web environment and think of  this "break" as perfectly timed for me, i would be bored from crowfall. All my guildies are off or playing something else after the mandatory 4 hours of testing and feedback.

While it could help to bring down the live environment to force people to use the testservers, if you ask me, this time the strategy backfired  and instead the players from live just went to play something else after 4 hours.

People need either direction on a testserver (tell them what needs specific testing ) or a target if testing on a broader spectrum, a mug is not enough, a godwar on the other hand will be a better test then some guys running in circles aimlessly for 4 hours. :)

logo_v2_banner.png

23 minutes ago, gerrylix said:

People need either direction on a testserver (tell them what needs specific testing ) or a target if testing on a broader spectrum, a mug is not enough, a godwar on the other hand will be a better test then some guys running in circles aimlessly for 4 hours. :)

10 minutes ago, oneply said:

Argh. Does this mean I am going to have to rebuild my EK again?

Yes. If you have stalls, vendors, crafting stations, etc., take them down now and save them so they don't get wiped.

22 minutes ago, Arkade said:

Yes. If you have stalls, vendors, crafting stations, etc., take them down now and save them so they don't get wiped.

/rawr

glad I didn’t put much effort in this time. 

Specially since I have a ton of toons with gear and mats on the EK vessels. If that all gets wiped I am gonna be upset. 

Due to the fact that there is not enough custard Storage in the game

Edited by srathor