Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Nextelum

Skill wipe for 5.9 plz

it would also allow the new players to mingle with the vets on an even footing...    :)….at least for the first bit.

questions is at which deleopment point is the next fullwipe needed. if it is with 5.92 then maybe now it would be not a good thing ;)

From what I've heard, 6.0 is going to happen soon along the line of things as a fairly big update, and that will need everything to be wiped.  So, with that considered, it would probably be best to keep going until we hit that mega wipe.

Milla's Elemental Mastery [Ravens & Crows - See "About Me" Section]:

Spoiler
  • Rosaline: Elemental of Earth, Female Wood-Elf Earth-Keeper, Political Main.
  • Ametrine: Elemental of Fire, Female Nethari Fire-Sanctifer, Endurance Main.
  • Sylphine: Elemental of Air, Female Fae Storm-Caller, Combat Main.
  • Cyandine: Elemental of Water, Female High-Elf Frost-Weaver, Tactical Main.
  • Lumirine: Elemental of Light, Female Human Holy-Crusader, Support Assist.
  • Ebontine: Elemental of Dark, Female Half-Elf Moon-Warden, Survival Assist.

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, Lanie said:

From what I've heard, 6.0 is going to happen soon along the line of things as a fairly big update, and that will need everything to be wiped.  So, with that considered, it would probably be best to keep going until we hit that mega wipe

Source?

2 hours ago, Staff said:

yeah no, if they wipe 3 weeks after another wipe ill be sitting out for awhile and im sure a lot more will join me, its a real pain to get off the ground, the larger the guild the more of a pain it is

ya totally get that......if they are planning 6.0 that quick then meh give'er...if not let us have fun...till you devs are "ready" for 6.0...after  all :) its ready when its ready.

just saying if its gonna be awhile for 6 then give the mice some love....motivate the cats to come out n play.....by the way...im a craft harvester.....but I aint no custerding mouse...I be a nasty grungy mangy rabid rat!!!!!! I bite I claw I scratch I hiss I go for the juglar(I can dream cant I  :))

oh and for the haters?... im master in some skill trees so don't even..... >:)

Edited by Nextelum

2 hours ago, McTan said:

Really? Why so? The larger guild part, that is.

gearing more people, the larger the guild the more people to gear and the more people who cant put in maximum effort into the process, ill use the most recent campaign to clearly show this, day 1 my entire group had common gear with myself having uncommon axes that night, the next day at siege the top guilds on both sides still had people running around naked while my smaller guild had everyone playing fully equipped

If i'm not outnumbered it's not a real fight.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g?

15 minutes ago, Staff said:

gearing more people, the larger the guild the more people to gear and the more people who cant put in maximum effort into the process, ill use the most recent campaign to clearly show this, day 1 my entire group had common gear with myself having uncommon axes that night, the next day at siege the top guilds on both sides still had people running around naked while my smaller guild had everyone playing fully equipped

There is 1xp/10sec on Test .. if there would be a Full Wipe with that Ratio . Everybody can get Common Gear easy made by themselves at Day 1 . And i think it would not change for a month+ .. Ok you maybee can make uncommon Gear ..but that would not be better .

That more Sound like you want that naked ppl and no balanced equiped Enemys

3 hours ago, Staff said:

Only correct if you have a higher % of people "pulling their weight". Can't speak for W, but HoA skipped to blue.

I am always fine with a wipe because I have confidence in our ability to bounce back, and so do you obviously.

I think the bigger issue is too frequent of wipes. Had an item wipe 3 weeks ago. I can't see them doing a full wipe when 5.9 hits(assuming it comes soon) but I could be wrong.

My guess would be 5.9 hits live, we have 3-4 weeks of it there then a wipe hits once 5.9+ is proven stable.

Posted (edited)

There’s always some new tester asking for a wipe and the 200+ people that consistently test are often tired of starting over so a handful of people can get “even foot” when it’s been woefully lopsided every time and then those new people quit and we wiped for nothing. 

They shouldn’t wipe for the community, they should only wipe when they need to for dev reasons like database changes or new systems.  

Edited by mandalore

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

I completely agree, as a relatively new player - playing with a few rl mates. If the devs NEED to wipe then we will accept it and keep going. 
If they constantly wipe because community or other new players want you too then we would quit the game if im honest- and that's coming from an EVE online player who played since 2004 until recently. 
Is it unfair that vets* have a head start over me? No its not they have been playing longer and put more time, commitment and loyalty in. 

For me do as many items wipes as you want but only wipe passive skills and toons if you really need too. 

Posted (edited)

There is no reason to wipe for competitive balance.

Ever.

When it comes to skill trees "everyone is on even footing" is a situation that will happen in the live game one time ever. At release.

That's not a testing condition that is at all useful.

ACE has a policy of doing wipes when they are required due to fundamental system changes that would make allowing old progress to persist skew the testing data, or if the system has changed in such a drastic way that the old data is not longer valid. For instance, reworking armor while allowing the old +hp armor to persist would impact the ability for the player base to gauge how well the new system is working, or wiping skills when race/class trees were removed because there are no more containers for race/class tree data.

"Everyone on even footing" in terms of skill training is not now nor has it ever been a design goal. Wiping skill training when skills aren't being changed accomplishes nothing in terms of testing.

If you feel the game is too far skewed by skill training, that's fine, but know that with different levels of skill training you're playing a system closer to the release product, and thus more useful for testing how much or how little skills should impact play. That information and how people react to it is far more important than everyone being on equal footing.

In fact, the system is MORE friendly to new players now that it was a year and a half ago precisely BECAUSE they didn't wipe for so long and discovered that piling all of the buffs you now see as talent points and level ups in to the passive skill system skewed combat too far toward skill training. This is a change that never would have happened if they wiped once a month to "make sure new players are on even footing"

Wiping stuff for the sake of wiping stuff doesn't get us any closer to release, and in fact sets us back as we become unable to test certain functionality that only really becomes viable at higher crafting and gathering tiers. That's why ACE's policy has pretty much always been to wipe when its necessary, and not because some older player ganked some newer player.

Edited by PopeUrban

PopeSigGIF.gif

Rub rock on face and say "Yes food is eaten now time for fight"

Instead of wiping for the sake of testing just boost every ones passive skills to 100% on all trees. I assume we have done enough testing on incremental skill gains. What reason do we have to even have a passive skill tree at this point? Pre-Alpha shouldn't be restricted unless they need specific testing done. The passive trees have been tested to death already. All it does is discourage new players from sticking around to test. 

Posted (edited)
39 minutes ago, PopeUrban said:

There is no reason to wipe for competitive balance.

Ever.

When it comes to skill trees "everyone is on even footing" is a situation that will happen in the live game one time ever. At release.

That's not a testing condition that is at all useful.

Competitive balance is exactly the testing environment we need to test properly. How can we test balance in a game lop sided due to passive skills that takes months to fully utilize? I could care less if they wipe or not, but you cannot get proper results in a test with variables all over the place. 

Edited by TheMap