Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Ble

Taking down Test without Warning...

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

You want us to play on test... but then you take the server down without warning.  Someone might question your logic.  Test server is already a waste of time... lets not waste our wasted time please.

Edited by Ble

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I find Live a waste of time.  We’re here to test, and that means looking at the newest things done... Not just repeatedly grinding old content.

So calling it a waste of time is in all regards an exaguration (sp) by far.


Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The fact that even with no campaign and still there’s only 10-15 people on test would disagree with you.  

If what happens on live feels like “repeatedly grinding old content” then this games probably not for you since that’s exactly what we’ll be doing at launch.  Even with the different rule sets available, eventually it will be re-entering the same structure you’ve already played and redoing everything you did in the previous iteration to make yourself successful (or not) in the next one.

Time spent on test is much like (currently) time spent on live but with more bugs, no PvP and less constancy.

With that in mind, a 30 sec-1min warning that server is going down isn’t too much to ask.  It allows us to stop crafting and put our vessel in a safe location and prevent... well... our time being wasted.

 

Edited by Ble

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

 

It was not difficult to extend the campaign and open the test at the same time, people could be testing the 5.9 in free time, I in my case will not play until the next campaign is interesting, I will not waste more time, especially seeing that has every campaign the pve necessary to level up grows, it makes me want to uninstall the game, I look for pvp to go kill animals I go to other games.

Edited by R3SURG3NT3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/4/2019 at 3:15 PM, Ble said:

You want us to play on test... but then you take the server down without warning.  Someone might question your logic.  Test server is already a waste of time... lets not waste our wasted time please.

As someone in my guild put it. Really they need to direct us more on what needs to be tested. Have us focusing on a couple broke mechanics at a time so the small dev team doesn’t have to be strung out trying to fix multiple systems at a time.

I imagine this would speed up the process to launch which we all want. I’m sure the majority would prefer a launched game instead if competing to win a near meaningless trial and arguing about faction numbers. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Normally I would agree with you, but literally (yes, actual literally, not millennial filler word literally) everything I did had bugs associated with it.  PvE, Harvesting, PvP (ability usage), crafting...

 

But you are right, they need to say “please test hunger shards” for example because I’m already contemplating smashing my toe with a hammer rather than logging on test again.

Edited by Ble

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ble said:

Normally I would agree with you, but literally (yes, actual literally, not millennial filler word literally) everything I did had bugs associated with it.  PvE, Harvesting, PvP (ability usage), crafting...

 

But you are right, they need to say “please test hunger shards” for example because I’m already contemplating smashing my toe with a hammer rather than logging on test again.

I really hope they don’t force this buggy 5.9 on us. It’ll just exacerbate the work load on the devs and frustrate players. Would not surprise me to see a lot of players “take a break.” 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah that happened to about half of our guild with the last campaign. We went from 18 to 23 online tonight to about 7 to 12 online each night. So if that happens again it’s going to be a single group of HoA out there getting it done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Ble said:

Yeah that happened to about half of our guild with the last campaign. We went from 18 to 23 online tonight to about 7 to 12 online each night. So if that happens again it’s going to be a single group of HoA out there getting it done.

Sounds like a zerg to me.  In before UDL...


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎5‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 1:40 PM, Ble said:

The fact that even with no campaign and still there’s only 10-15 people on test would disagree with you.  

If what happens on live feels like “repeatedly grinding old content” then this games probably not for you since that’s exactly what we’ll be doing at launch.  Even with the different rule sets available, eventually it will be re-entering the same structure you’ve already played and redoing everything you did in the previous iteration to make yourself successful (or not) in the next one.

Time spent on test is much like (currently) time spent on live but with more bugs, no PvP and less constancy.

With that in mind, a 30 sec-1min warning that server is going down isn’t too much to ask.  It allows us to stop crafting and put our vessel in a safe location and prevent... well... our time being wasted.

 

Then perhaps you should wait till the game goes live to play and leave the testing for those of us whom are more patient.


Huginn ok Muninn, fljúga hverjan dag, Jörmungrund yfir; óumk ek of Hugin,, at hann aftr né komi-t, þó sjámk meir of Munin

Gathering of Ranger videos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/6/2019 at 11:55 AM, oneply said:

As someone in my guild put it. Really they need to direct us more on what needs to be tested. Have us focusing on a couple broke mechanics at a time so the small dev team doesn’t have to be strung out trying to fix multiple systems at a time.

I imagine this would speed up the process to launch which we all want. I’m sure the majority would prefer a launched game instead if competing to win a near meaningless trial and arguing about faction numbers. 

Please check announcement forums for TEST. I will be providing details about what would help us in terms of testing via those forums. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...