Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Missing a trick to playing Cleric?

salzus

Hello,

So I created a dwarf cleric, pumping points into Int. But it seems the healing out put is fairly poor compared to a Templar's. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Edited by salzus

Before I die, I shall stand upon your grave and smile.

Which promotion was that cleric?  Only one path gives you the Support Power needed to heal for any real amount.  The rest are either damage or cc styled.

Milla's Elemental Mastery [Ravens & Crows - See "About Me" Section]:

Spoiler
  • Rosaline: Elemental of Earth, Female Wood-Elf Earth-Keeper, Political Main.
  • Ametrine: Elemental of Fire, Female Nethari Fire-Sanctifer, Endurance Main.
  • Sylphine: Elemental of Air, Female Fae Storm-Caller, Combat Main.
  • Cyandine: Elemental of Water, Female High-Elf Frost-Weaver, Tactical Main.
  • Lumirine: Elemental of Light, Female Human Holy-Crusader, Support Assist.
  • Ebontine: Elemental of Dark, Female Half-Elf Moon-Warden, Survival Assist.

Lanie is correct, clerics really have to go  the correct healing path, I think its called crusader, it is the middle path

Also, with the increase in support power per spirit points you are going to want support power to be over 1000 if you want to be a viable healer in pvp, its not that hard to get it that high if you go the correct path I think you can currently get 750 of those support points through talent training

Illuminate is an awesome heal with the correct points in the talent tree, large heal very little mana cost, its tooltip is confusing

The Major Discs Pixie and Field Surgeon are also very helpful, u get a couple of more heals, pixie amps all your healing over time and the field surgeon passive really helps with mana loss

But just so you know I have also messed around with paladin/healing templars  although they dont do as much healing as my cleric they are decent healers, especially if played the correct way with the correct build

Edited by seastodd

You should be going max spirit for stat. Pixie and Field Surgeon are your best general use discs. The mana return from noble purpose means you can’t oom and pix fix buffs your holy symbol and the soothing winds from pixie.  Purgative and rescue are two of the best heals in the game if you use them right and pixie dust/soothing winds fill niche you're missing.  Friar brings a buff that gives support power (amazing) but swaps to a small amount of mana when you’re low, a chain heal that’s poorly made socks without pixie and purgative is a better anti bleed mechanic.  Friar brings critical healing chance (a stat you don’t need if you stand in your holy symbol) and Pixie/FS bring healing modifier (a far better healing stat than crit heal chance).  The ideal minors for you will be expansive mind, hand of glory and fashion statement.  Expansive mind let’s you slot 9 abilities instead of 8, which is huge.  Fashion statement will give you a second neck and necks can have support power (and this rune doesn’t cost a passive, just a minor slot).  Rings bring personal healing modifier; a huge stat and the best end game healing modifier people can run to endure the damage dealt to them (and this rune doesn’t cost a passive, just a minor slot).  

Tldr; find a way to stack support power.  Field Surgeon is your best major disc.  Try to wear more jewelry than Mr. T. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

On 5/5/2019 at 1:56 AM, salzus said:

Hello,

So I created a dwarf cleric, pumping points into Int. But it seems the healing out put is fairly poor compared to a Templar's. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

only healer cleric viable atm.

the guide is in 3 points:

1) stack support power until 2k SP

2) take field surgeon

3) take demon's pact and/or expansive mind (depend on ur race)

now you have 9-10 active skills and 4 passive slots. your focus stats is healing modifier. you can take sturdy

after you get 2k SP and as much as you can healing modif, you can piss on the enemy who can't heal with ur huge heals.

boring class.

crowfall pvp makkonMyrmidon statement: rangefall

Discord makkon#8550

On 5/5/2019 at 5:55 AM, mandalore said:

You should be going max spirit for stat. Pixie and Field Surgeon are your best general use discs. The mana return from noble purpose means you can’t oom and pix fix buffs your holy symbol and the soothing winds from pixie.  Purgative and rescue are two of the best heals in the game if you use them right and pixie dust/soothing winds fill niche you're missing.  Friar brings a buff that gives support power (amazing) but swaps to a small amount of mana when you’re low, a chain heal that’s poorly made socks without pixie and purgative is a better anti bleed mechanic.  Friar brings critical healing chance (a stat you don’t need if you stand in your holy symbol) and Pixie/FS bring healing modifier (a far better healing stat than crit heal chance).  The ideal minors for you will be expansive mind, hand of glory and fashion statement.  Expansive mind let’s you slot 9 abilities instead of 8, which is huge.  Fashion statement will give you a second neck and necks can have support power (and this rune doesn’t cost a passive, just a minor slot).  Rings bring personal healing modifier; a huge stat and the best end game healing modifier people can run to endure the damage dealt to them (and this rune doesn’t cost a passive, just a minor slot).  

Tldr; find a way to stack support power.  Field Surgeon is your best major disc.  Try to wear more jewelry than Mr. T. 

On 5/5/2019 at 1:08 AM, seastodd said:

Lanie is correct, clerics really have to go  the correct healing path, I think its called crusader, it is the middle path

Also, with the increase in support power per spirit points you are going to want support power to be over 1000 if you want to be a viable healer in pvp, its not that hard to get it that high if you go the correct path I think you can currently get 750 of those support points through talent training

Illuminate is an awesome heal with the correct points in the talent tree, large heal very little mana cost, its tooltip is confusing

The Major Discs Pixie and Field Surgeon are also very helpful, u get a couple of more heals, pixie amps all your healing over time and the field surgeon passive really helps with mana loss

But just so you know I have also messed around with paladin/healing templars  although they dont do as much healing as my cleric they are decent healers, especially if played the correct way with the correct build

On 5/5/2019 at 12:01 AM, Lanie said:

Which promotion was that cleric?  Only one path gives you the Support Power needed to heal for any real amount.  The rest are either damage or cc styled.

Thanks all for the info! Finally got my race/class and disciplines nailed down. Much appreciated. 

Before I die, I shall stand upon your grave and smile.

On 5/7/2019 at 3:04 PM, salzus said:

Thanks all for the info! Finally got my race/class and disciplines nailed down. Much appreciated. 

He went Guinecean.... ;)

5 hours ago, ferrat said:

He went Guinecean.... ;)

With the extra con, spr and knock downs buffing healing mod I prefer stoneborn.  Dwarf was the master race healer in Shadowbane.

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png