Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

16 minutes ago, Dwarfknight said:

I believe you slightly contradicted yourself with the these 2 posts. The play to win mindset is breaking the game in any way possible. I don't mean using bugs or exploits to win (when exploits and bugs are found report them) but finding every way to use the legit mechanics of the game to win. This shows the devs whether or not the features and systems are working the way they intended or if they over looked something during design. I understand players being frustrated because they feel that they are only playing to test and that is hampered by others "Playing to Win". What I feel these frustrated players don't realize is instead of just giving up out of frustration or finding excuses why they can't play, they should instead be playing to win as well as that is the best way to test all the intended features and get them ironed out if they aren't working. If the entire community was non competitive then the devs wouldn't see if the game design is working like they hoped it would until launch. By treating the testing as if it were a Live game and playing  you are actually giving them the testing data they need. This is the point I believe you made with your 2nd post while your 1st post seems to go against this idea.

I suppose I should've elaborated. With the "play to win" mindset, I mean there are people who give 0 f***s about testing the game and only wanna see themselves on the leaderboard and make it hard to enjoy and test the game. They're the ones not looking to test the game, they're here to be on top and come across as people who don't actually care about the state of the game.

I'm well aware there are people who want to win but also contribute to getting things fixed, and anyone who's actually contributing to bringing things to Ace's attention instead of going around and being so competitive it hurts is aight in my book. Personally, I don't care either way; I like testing and I like competition. I like being on the emptier faction for more pvp and pvp testing. It's easy to play to win and test, I was mostly directing my posts towards the people who don't care for testing but then want to complain because all they have is god's reach.

And no, people shouldn't be giving up. If you think it's tough now, live is only going to be an amplified version of this with way more people and competitive guilds.

On 5/5/2019 at 12:24 PM, APE said:

I just wish ACE asked more of us. I'm willing to test more if I had some guidance. I feel like it's a waste of my time to go bug hunting randomly when I don't know what was fixed previously, reported, fixed in a future in-house version, etc. I can't imagine this is how actual testing is done. Pretending and playing a "pre-alpha" like it is a finished game is not doing anyone a favor. Oh well, then we get people complaining it's never going to finish and they can't play for a few days...sigh.

Regarding this, I will try to be more transparent about what we'd like to have being tested on the TEST server. I will begin by posting in the Announcements forum where I will outline areas of the game that we would really love players to take a look at. Thanks!

Posted (edited)

There is an average of 5 players online no matter where I look, Test campaign, or Gods Reach. Not much you can do in a MMO with 4-5 people in a landmass of Sq. miles.   It gives me no reason to log in unless I want to just kill mobs.     It is not fun and even if I wanted to play I would just be playing alone.    You are locking your player base out of the game and encouraging them to look somewhere else.   This is not fun, it is discouraging.  It is asking me to forget about the game.

P.S   Signed up for several video captures only to have them cancelled after I schedule time for it.    This is hardly helping the issue. Especially since this is supposed to be why live is down.

Edited by scipio

zmZi1zl.jpg

On 5/5/2019 at 5:51 PM, Armegeddon said:

Amen.. other than the "High end forums" that the plebes aren't privy too.. we get no direction (and, from what i have heard, even that is suspect). The lack of communication by this team is custard unbelievable...I've been here since it was a countdown timer, so don't tell me about patience. Community management here .. custard sucks.

What if.. We had an active community liason that gave direction, pointed corporate/development/investor directive and encouraged people to follow the actual custard lead they wished us to follow?.... and encouraded it?.. that was active and engaged?

No matter what anyone says (and I'm in for the long haul, I've got 7 custard accounts), this team is poorly made socksing the custard bed. .. Perception in today's gaming ADD/ADHD gaming reality is truth. GET A custard COMMUNITY MANAGER FULL TIME THAT KEEPS PEOPLE ENGAGED AND INFORMED.

For 20+ million dollars raised (I don't want to hear about pulling dollars from development, that's a crutch), ...designate ONE person worth their salt to keekp the community engaged... Dev Tracker.. dead..... Twitter or Social media announcements.... poorly made socks. YOU HAVE A MULTI MEDIA PLATFORM AND YOU SUCK AT GETTING OUT INFO OUT OF EITHER LAZINESS, ANTIPATHY OR SECRECY. 

WE NEED ONE PERSON TO KEEP THE COMMUNITY ENGAGED.... Throw some Austin intern 16K to spam content.. We get poorly made socks from you guys (except a video once a month!).

I love this game, or the idea of it.  But You're poorly made socksting the bed....20+ mil and we have 300 max playing the game (On a good day,.....warning bells?)Community Mangement and interaction was always bad, but it has now become teh absolute suck...

@Tyrant@thomasblair@jtoddcoleman

TLDR: Find it in the budget to pay Some UTA intern a pennance to keep us involved.... because... you're failing.

I just want to know about this custard and socks thing.

7 hours ago, ACE_FancyHats said:

Regarding this, I will try to be more transparent about what we'd like to have being tested on the TEST server. I will begin by posting in the Announcements forum where I will outline areas of the game that we would really love players to take a look at. Thanks!

I am really glad to hear this. A little direction and interaction should help motivate some players and will hopefully focus testing into area's that the dev team is currently looking at. 

I would love to see a way to report bugs in game, I don't think I have tested a large game with a worse bug reporting/logging system.