Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Pann

Live Q&A with Blair today - Official discussion thread

Recommended Posts

Destined to go together like peanut butter & jelly or chips & salsa, Crowfallgame® Design Director Thomas Blair will pair up with popular Twitch streamer Rufio for a live Q&A at 3 pm CDT today. 

In addition to asking questions during the stream, you're welcome to post questions in this thread and Blair will answer what he can. 

FULL STORY


Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@thomasblair @Pann

Aribter Cleric And Radical Cleric are two classes that under perform, can we expect some buffs or reviews of these classes soon™? 

Radical has severe mana issues since it's basic attacks cost so much mana, it's passive skill tree (1h hammers) still has crushing damage even though it only deals fire damage (and one holy damage abilitiy and it's still very easily countered by one major discipline (that counters every ranged class that isn't ranger but also sometimes ranger if they are using an elementalist bow damage quiver). 

Arbiter as a CC/dmg/healing/hybrid is confusing about it's identity and intended role.  Is it a healer with no additive support power (and thus low heals), missing the heal from illuminate and loaded with CC (easily countered by retaliates, ult and cc immunity) or is it a dps with no additive attack power, no built in damage abilities of significance (holy symbol is a knock down heal, hand of gods is a larger radius but not more damage), a passive that boosts its single target auto attack damage but not enough to be important enough to focus on it and loaded with CC (easily countered by retaliates, ult and cc immunity)? 

tldr; arbiter and radical buffs/reworks/empowerment soon™? 

Edited by Pann
Reduced font size because we can read regular-sized fonts just fine, thanks. =P

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Gopher said:

Pann you have 3pm posted here but in the link it says 2pm.

I checked the article and our social media and it all shows 3 pm. Where are you seeing that?


Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Pann said:

I checked the article and our social media and it all shows 3 pm. Where are you seeing that?

NVM I missed the 3pm in first paragraph

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Bzra said:

I heard at 30 subs, @Rufio will actually die his hair red and black.

For me to subscribe he’s going to have to name his firstborn after me. 


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, mandalore said:

For me to subscribe he’s going to have to name his firstborn after me. 

Mandy? Man D-Money? Mandingo?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Bzra said:

Mandy? Man D-Money? Mandingo?

I’m just going to say nothing and not get banned today.  


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

She saved it and didnt ask!? lol get panned!


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In my defense, I offer Exhibit A which proves that I did show Blair the question, fulfilling my end of the bargain, but he did not answer. 

I rest my case. *gavel*

QYszzo0.jpg


Valerie "Pann" Massey, Director of Community
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Pann said:

In my defense, I offer Exhibit A which proves that I did show Blair the question, fulfilling my end of the bargain, but he did not answer. 

I rest my case. *gavel*

QYszzo0.jpg

@thomasblair How do you plea sir?


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Pann said:

In my defense, I offer Exhibit A which proves that I did show Blair the question, fulfilling my end of the bargain, but he did not answer. 

I rest my case. *gavel*

QYszzo0.jpg

@thomasblair >:c

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Per request, Leveling of a druid. 

Remember to always do Cardio. The issues are highlighted due to my choice of zombies rank 6-7-8 ish. But the issue is with even the rank 1 spiders. Mana issues. I have used a white quality advanced sickle and run out of mana far far too fast. Same thing with a cleric.  When you can only really left click to do damage but cannot keep mana flowing you run out of things to do quickly. 

Also things like the druids progression is very very wonky since the split. The faerie fire debuffs physical damage, it is the first ability we get after the baseline leftclick and it does zero benefit for the druid. If it had a small per hit mana regen added to it it would be a fantastic spell folks would use more often.  The Electrogenesis ball that is spawned is a help, but if it was the 3rd ball formed instead the one that heals a bit more and regens mana then the class would feel much more fun to play at the low levels till 16.

If bear had it's hit box stat changed to an arrows radius I would start using it again. After almost 3 years of complaints please, adjust it. Pretty please? I miss banetrees with it for Myrkul's sake. 
 

Check the Stormcaller's play numbers. The class needs a mana tweak badly. Especially at lower levels. 

Oh crap I forgot. The reason why I was doing such hard mobs was it was a blue vessel. Heck might have been purple, but i think it was blue. So anything below like level 5 did not give any xp. 

Edited by srathor

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, srathor said:

Per request, Leveling of a druid. 

Remember to always do Cardio. The issues are highlighted due to my choice of zombies rank 6-7-8 ish. But the issue is with even the rank 1 spiders. Mana issues. I have used a white quality advanced sickle and run out of mana far far too fast. Same thing with a cleric.  When you can only really left click to do damage but cannot keep mana flowing you run out of things to do quickly. 

Also things like the druids progression is very very wonky since the split. The faerie fire debuffs physical damage, it is the first ability we get after the baseline leftclick and it does zero benefit for the druid. If it had a small per hit mana regen added to it it would be a fantastic spell folks would use more often.  The Electrogenesis ball that is spawned is a help, but if it was the 3rd ball formed instead the one that heals a bit more and regens mana then the class would feel much more fun to play at the low levels till 16.

If bear had it's hit box stat changed to an arrows radius I would start using it again. After almost 3 years of complaints please, adjust it. Pretty please? I miss banetrees with it for Myrkul's sake. 
 

Check the Stormcaller's play numbers. The class needs a mana tweak badly. Especially at lower levels. 

Oh crap I forgot. The reason why I was doing such hard mobs was it was a blue vessel. Heck might have been purple, but i think it was blue. So anything below like level 5 did not give any xp. 

@Pann @thomasblair

Blair requested this content during the stream.  Srathor obliged him.  

Why do Druid, Cleric and Confessor basic attacks costs mana but none of the melee classes cost a resource to basic attack?

Edited by mandalore

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, mandalore said:

@thomasblair @Pann

Aribter Cleric And Radical Cleric are two classes that under perform, can we expect some buffs or reviews of these classes soon™? 

Radical has severe mana issues since it's basic attacks cost so much mana, it's passive skill tree (1h hammers) still has crushing damage even though it only deals fire damage (and one holy damage abilitiy and it's still very easily countered by one major discipline (that counters every ranged class that isn't ranger but also sometimes ranger if they are using an elementalist bow damage quiver). 

Arbiter as a CC/dmg/healing/hybrid is confusing about it's identity and intended role.  Is it a healer with no additive support power (and thus low heals), missing the heal from illuminate and loaded with CC (easily countered by retaliates, ult and cc immunity) or is it a dps with no additive attack power, no built in damage abilities of significance (holy symbol is a knock down heal, hand of gods is a larger radius but not more damage), a passive that boosts its single target auto attack damage but not enough to be important enough to focus on it and loaded with CC (easily countered by retaliates, ult and cc immunity)? 

tldr; arbiter and radical buffs/reworks/empowerment soon™? 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ferrat said:

 

I have mentioned it a few times in dev partner too.  I’ve been in this fight for as long as radical as existed and thusly sucked.  It’s not good and that makes me sad. 


40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@mandaloreFYI    this is why i say the arbiter spec should have more duality.. you do get good heals, you just get few.. but are forced to use a dps ult or lose the cooldown reset.. and the passive only stacks dmg and not support power...

DOeipbf.jpg

Edited by ferrat

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...