Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pann

Vessels live stream May 16 - Official discussion thread

4 minutes ago, mandalore said:

The dev team should work with some of the prominent guild leaders and attend some of the sieges so you can get a feel for how they play out.  

I think that Dev’s need too-

From scratch - alone or in a group of three- harvest the materials, craft an epic vessel with all the additives. Craft advanced weapons and armor, disciplines and jewelry

Level that vessel to 30

and then fight in a few sieges.

www.lotd.org       pking and siege pvp since 1995

9 minutes ago, mandalore said:

The dev team should work with some of the prominent guild leaders and attend some of the sieges so you can get a feel for how they play out.  

Oh my gosh, I would love this! Let me talk with a few people and see if we can maybe do something along these lines. No promises, but I know I'm personally interested in this!

I also just want to take a moment to reiterate something. I really do appreciate all the engagement taking place, not just here but in other areas like Discord, Twitch, and Twitter. I just hope this doesn't come across as feeling hollow or like I'm just repeating the same phrase, but I legitimately thank you all for your objective comments and questions. Making a game isn't easy, but it definitely helps that you all have as much passion about our game as we do.THANK YOU!

26 minutes ago, mandalore said:

Did you play SB ape?  If you didn’t you should log into one of the emulated Sb servers and look at the creation runes.  CF is a copy of SB in a lot of ways.  The runes themselves were a mix of stat caps, skill caps, some defense (resistances and defense itself), better attack rating, movement speed, better regens and eventually they added some race specific stat caps for lore/balance reasons.  

Barely when it launched but quickly went back to DAoC. So I have few memories of the system details.

Looking over the list of SB Traits, I see it was mainly +5-10 stat/skill but there is also +% to run speed, health/stamina recovery, weapon unlocks, see invis players which all provide more utility that I prefer.

Seems to be little negative options besides a couple + to one stat and - to another.

I might be incorrect but it seems like CF has a lot more stat availability where 5-10 points in things like Dex/Str likely don't make as much a difference as they did in SB.

If talents, passive training, and disciplines offered more then I wouldn't care but there is a lot of reuse of the same stats which I find limiting. Just hoping that Adv/Disadv go a bit beyond what we can already obtain in multiple ways. Gaining 5 STR when I already have 200 < giving up 50 STR to gain 10% Stamina Regen or whatever example might happen.

It's fine to copy from other games but that doesn't mean they can't add more on top of that. Also looking at Camelot Unchained's Banes/Boons system has me expecting more.

17 minutes ago, APE said:

Barely when it launched but quickly went back to DAoC. So I have few memories of the system details.

Looking over the list of SB Traits, I see it was mainly +5-10 stat/skill but there is also +% to run speed, health/stamina recovery, weapon unlocks, see invis players which all provide more utility that I prefer.

Seems to be little negative options besides a couple + to one stat and - to another.

I might be incorrect but it seems like CF has a lot more stat availability where 5-10 points in things like Dex/Str likely don't make as much a difference as they did in SB.

If talents, passive training, and disciplines offered more then I wouldn't care but there is a lot of reuse of the same stats which I find limiting. Just hoping that Adv/Disadv go a bit beyond what we can already obtain in multiple ways. Gaining 5 STR when I already have 200 < giving up 50 STR to gain 10% Stamina Regen or whatever example might happen.

It's fine to copy from other games but that doesn't mean they can't add more on top of that. Also looking at Camelot Unchained's Banes/Boons system has me expecting more.

O I agree with you 100%.  I would also prefer diversity in builds from creation runes but I also understand the need for stat runes.  SB had single stat runes that raised a stat and its cap by a little.  SB also had a rune that would raise two stats and lower two stats.  It had utility runes.  It was a very good mix of the things you want and the filler need to ensure not every char just takes movement speed.  There was also an expensive e requirement for runes.  You would be hard pressed to get a max dex mino because their base dex wasn't high enough to get all the dex runes.  CF is about min maxxing, just like SB was and I'm very interested in the creation system. 

40 minutes ago, Andius said:

W/HoA were held up as like these mystical forces of highly skilled players with legendary theorycrafters chained to a desk in some deep dungeon holding all the arcane secrets we could use to win if only we knew them.

wiDfyPp.png

1 hour ago, PaleOne said:

I think that Dev’s need too-

From scratch - alone or in a group of three- harvest the materials, craft an epic vessel with all the additives. Craft advanced weapons and armor, disciplines and jewelry

Level that vessel to 30

and then fight in a few sieges.

I really don't understand why you keep championing this fight. to create a base vessel with just a soul stone is pretty easy. Just in gods reach I can log on farm all the materials and have three blue vessels ready to go in about an hour and a half.

If I was in Campaign it takes maybe an hour of exploring to find my r9 r10 gy then boom in two re spawns I can have enough body parts to create 3 purp vessels.  With potions and food food buffs, farming ambrosia for 3 vessels I can get in 30 min.

Base vessel making with a soul stone is very easy. If you are trying to make the best of the best it should take some time and Should be difficult. 

it would make more sense to me to make things a bit more difficult.

And further more why are people acting like making ambrosia is this really hard thing??? its really not.

19 minutes ago, bignick22000 said:

And further more why are people acting like making ambrosia is this really hard thing??? its really not.

Correction

And further more why are people acting like making a philosopher stone is this really hard thing???

That's also the source of your confusion.

Milla's Elemental Mastery [Ravens & Crows - See "About Me" Section]:

Spoiler
  • Rosaline: Elemental of Earth, Female Wood-Elf Earth-Keeper, Political Main.
  • Ametrine: Elemental of Fire, Female Nethari Fire-Sanctifer, Endurance Main.
  • Sylphine: Elemental of Air, Female Fae Storm-Caller, Combat Main.
  • Cyandine: Elemental of Water, Female High-Elf Frost-Weaver, Tactical Main.
  • Lumirine: Elemental of Light, Female Human Holy-Crusader, Support Assist.
  • Ebontine: Elemental of Dark, Female Half-Elf Moon-Warden, Survival Assist.