Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_FancyHats

5.90 Snap Test Feedback for 5/9/2019

You can download the TEST client here.

5.90 Patch Notes and Known Issues

Please share any feedback you may have from your time playing the game. This includes subjective observations about your gameplay experience. Bugs that you have encountered should be directed to The Bug Thread.

If you encounter disconnection problems, showstopper bugs or any other issues preventing you from entering or playing the game, please send an email as well as your client logs* to Support@Crowfall.com.

*Client logs can be found here: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\LocalLow\Art+Craft\Crowfall

Posted (edited)

no goggles on free vendor, worth to go for a hunt? i will wait until someone other tried it and has the answer...

edit

patch notes says they are in, okay, ill go for the hunt... why do blacksmith and leatherworker get it for free and not we that love necromancee?

Edited by Surelia

4 minutes ago, Surelia said:

no goggles on free vendor, worth to go for a hunt? i will wait until someone other tried it and has the answer...

edit

patch notes says they are in, okay, ill go for the hunt... why do blacksmith and leatherworker get it for free and not we that love necromancee?

Going to get those added to the vendors as well. Thanks!

1 hour ago, ACE_FancyHats said:

Go ahead and add the dropped recipes while you're at it too please :3

giphy.gif

You Can't Be A Genius, If You Aren't The Slightest Bit Insane.

3 minutes ago, coolster50 said:

Go ahead and add the dropped recipes while you're at it too please :3

...and maybe a soulgem for tool testing if it's not a problem

Capturing an outpost - if you kill the outpost guards the capture wheel stops when your faction takes control.   It starts up again once the guards respawn as your faction.

Ranger warden passive Aero Spin is not being triggered at all by dagger spin.  No stacking buff.  No buff at all.

Five Ninety: Hour One

I was born a poor, human templar. My crow reanimated into a bald, red-bearded human vessel, and I immediately ran through the familiar stretch of Starter Forest--but everything looked clearer, and running felt smoother somehow. I know I say this every time I inhabit a new vessel, but it literally felt like I was seeing the same old world through a fresh set of eyes.

At the end of the Noob Stretch, I found a weapon rack laden with all the Leveling Dust I could burn. Level 30 feels better than I remember.

After picking up some legendary plate armor and a more-powerful Greatsword, I request a few Major Discipline runes from a nearby vendor-- and he laughs in my face!

"Vendor Thralls cannot craft runes, m'lord! But I have infinity souls for your perusal, all at the low, low price of zero!"

Confused, I look through a wide variety of items and eventually grab some Major Discipline-named Souls and crafting components, then I jump through a shimmering Rune Gate to the Balance temple and my jaw drops open. The Temple is more beautiful than I remember--in fact, it's objectively more beautiful than it's ever been.

I scan the zone maps for an unoccupied fortress and immediately head there to check out the crafting recipes which are now visible at EVERY BENCH! No runes required-- and that's good news, because I'm still not entirely sure how to cram a soul into a rune... but I know just the type of bench where I can try.

Five Ninety: Hour Two

Gods be praised--the fort houses a collection of magical chests brimming with all the body parts you could ever imagine! Sure, it stinks... but it's INFINITY body parts crammed into a couple chests. Of course it stinks!

I quickly revivify and assemble an Elken vessel at the Necromancy altar, complete with hand-picked parts to be a fiery, intelligent Confessor. You know, these goggles are really helpful! Before I was like, "What the heck! Where do the hands go?" But then I popped on these bad-boys *gestures to Goggles* and after a quick glance, BAM! "Oh, yeah! On the ends of the arms!"

After transferring the Elken Confessor-to-be into my Spirit Bank, I decide to explore a nearby canyon which I'd passed on the way to the fort.

And then: tragedy.

Perhaps it was the way the wind rustled through the pine needles. Maybe my crow simply yearned to soar into the sky once more-- it's felt like an eternity since my crow flew unburdened from these dying worlds, free to rise above them and revel in the vessel-less atmosphere yet untouched by the Hunger. Lofty thoughts filled my mind with distractions...

As my broken body laid upon the canyon floor, I wondered why I didn't pay more attention when I saw all those spider webs and cocoons.

The memories are fresh as I transfer them unto you, yet even now they fade beyond recognition.

I am a detached crow, flying through Rune Gates, lost and confused.

So confused about where to reclaim my body that I posted on the forum, even!

Ok I have spent a couple of hours on test now, and although I did not get involved in any group pvp, things seem decent for me.

There were a couple of bugs I mentioned concerning outposts, and the fort timers being off, but I am getting over 70fps consistently, and I am not finding a whole lot things wrong that were not already wrong before the patch hit, camera spin, sometimes f just not working unless you try again.. ect

The game looks great btw imo also. Temple looks great and the lighting is a huge improvement, I also thought the combat was much smoother  than in 5.8.6.  Overall as depressed as I am about the gold nerf I am excited for you guys to get this patch out. it looks good, push it out, throw up your week non sanctioned campaign on live and let it get tested by bigger numbers, its awful close in my eyes, and a week on live with a campaign that does not matter, would only seem to help at this point.

Have a great day!

Because this pillar is broken, it's rope no longer connects. It would be really cool if this whole tapestry sagged because of it and that would add to the "damaged" temple theme.

image.png

No blood in the keep jewelcrafting chest? Can only find poor and common in cooking chest. Did not look in fort chests. Water was missing in that chest as well  

Cutting grit has different rarities in the chests. Will it still only come from slag?

Will runes have different rarities? Seems to default to epic regardless of materials used.

love the new textures. The guinie running on all 4 when mounted is awesome! 

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, ACE_FancyHats said:

now all tools are gone, i see you changed a lot on the other free vendors there. so you want us to test wartribefarming and after hours of that maybe some crafting with additives? lets see what kind of pleasure this will be... 😕

Edited by Surelia

28 minutes ago, Surelia said:

now all tools are gone, i see you changed a lot on the other free vendors there. so you want us to test wartribefarming and after hours of that maybe some crafting with additives? lets see what kind of pleasure this will be... 😕

Check at the vendors at Forts and Keeps

Posted (edited)

because of all the overwhelming things i just had time for those little thanks, taking a crafting break i want to give it a few more words...

• the stacking crafting items makes my life as a crafter that much easier thank you, with a good banking system in hopefully near future it is going to be a good thing.
  • the new temple looks that awesome that yesterday on test every new craftervessel was celebrated in voicecomms "yeah, i will see the temple soon again"

haven´t had pve or pvp yet, but guess soon it will come from developer build to 5.90 ;)

Edited by Surelia

Posted (edited)

Death and Respawn feedback:

I understand the goals of limiting fast returns to battles etc.  I did some testing and death and respawn maybe should have another look.  I walked out into an adventure zone with a few items in my inventory and stood at the spawn point for a r5 cat, and waited patiently while it slowly clawed me to death. 

Next I flew my crow over to a dragon statue in a nearby fort and respawned.  I saw my previous corpse on my compass and headed that way.  I specifically ran through a group of monsters on the way with death shroud running, got myself killed again (this time with nothing in my inventory) and flew back to the fort to respawn again. 

I had to wait 2+ mins to respawn, then had death shroud to wait through again for another 3 or so mins then decided to head to my first corpse.  Unfortunately i had no corpse at all on my compass -- i assume empty corpses do not show up and it must only show your most recent corpse (which was empty...)

I knew where i had left my first corpse so i headed there, i specifically had died at a spawn point for a monster with the plan of seeing how tough it would be to retrieve a body in a not safe space (this was just a single monster spawn point, but it served as a proxy for death deep in a wartribe camp).  If that body was in a less safe place it would definitely have been tricky to get.

Each death also causes durability loss to gear, which is good but maybe it could be tempered a bit if you have death shroud active? if you get into a fight with active death shroud you are probably going to die no matter how nice your gear is...

the death/respawn mechanic is clunky and a bit annoying.  I do not mind about half the travel time, I do not mind the difficulty of fetching a corpse deep in dangerous territory.  The double travel, the lack of an icon on the compass with consecutive deaths,  the additional wait time for rapid respawn plus death shroud, and full durability damage while under death shroud seems unnecessary.

Maybe there is a way to check if when you died last you had death shroud active, and if so it reduces some of the penalties of death but adds additional time to your current death shroud? 

Edited by Gremel
bonus letter removed