Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACE_FancyHats

5.90 Snap Test Feedback for 5/9/2019

Went skinning for souls to get some numbers. I only managed to make a pair of knives with the soul harvest bonus that didn't suck; I'm not a great runecrafter, and my mining is worse.

As a fully trained but poorly geared skinner, my stats are 25% Critical Harvest chance and 5 Critical Amount with the grilled cheese I was eating. Beneficial Harvest stats are irrelevant when you need to kill between each harvest. Knives would have lasted longer if I was using Villein, but for the moment I'm running Hoarder for the stamina.

knife 1 - (30) R10 cats

• soul essence 1
  • hide 81c 8u 57r 11e 3L
  • bone 2u
  • blood 1r 1e
  • meat 97

knife 2 - (34) R6 cats

• soul essence 1
  • hide 216c 29u 19r 8e
  • bone 2u 1r
  • blood 2u 1r
  • meat 155

My 1st impression is that the drop rate for essence should be increased and the discipline recipe adjusted accordingly. Players are not going to like buying specialty tools only to get zero drops from that tool. Getting 5 times the drops is moot to the game if the recipe calls for 10 essence instead of 2, but players will feel like they're getting something from their tool.

I did get a Soul of the Foreman last night so they are available, but the drop rate does not seem to be very high: not that it needs to be high for a permanent item.

So now that Crafting Majors aren't required to craft, it kind of answers the question of why they have stats on them.
But it also brings up the question of something like Artisan Crafting. Are you just going to remove this in future because it's not really needed anymore, or will it gain a different buff?

231e101d88.jpg

So does that mean the major disc crafting runes are being retired?  I noticed the associated souls are not for sale on the vendor.

If they are being retired, their effects should be nullified so people aren't running around with old runes that provide advantages that aren't supposed to be available anymore.

6 minutes ago, Tiberius_Invictus said:

So does that mean the major disc crafting runes are being retired?  I noticed the associated souls are not for sale on the vendor.

If they are being retired, their effects should be nullified so people aren't running around with old runes that provide advantages that aren't supposed to be available anymore.

you can buy them @vendor in temple, so i guess they are not going to be out

4 minutes ago, Surelia said:

you can buy them @vendor in temple, so i guess they are not going to be out

Thanks - I didn't realize the temple vendors had different contents than the ones in the world by the warp gates.

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Tiberius_Invictus said:

Thanks - I didn't realize the temple vendors had different contents than the ones in the world by the warp gates.

the free vendors (weapon racks) have the same things, but the vendors above the bank will stay on live, at least as far as i know

Edited by Surelia

On one of my accounts (I've got 7), I cannot log in, it repeatedly just cycles who won the campaign, as soon as I check the acceptance box, it recycles again and again... constatnly. I can't even get to training. I tried restarting.