Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Character creation is the first thing you do when joining a world as a new player.  After the character is made, you can join any of the worlds with it.  The God's Reach is the recommended place for new players.  Click that tab, browse worlds, and choose the one called Avernus.

50 minutes ago, Strahmhv said:

"No Scenarios Found"

There are no Campaign Worlds open this weekend (we're waiting on 5.9). You can play on "God's Reach" so click on that instead and choose Avernus. God's Reach is the new player world - you can start leveling there.

If you are not able to login to God's Reach, send email to support@crowfall.com for more assistance.

tiPrpwh.png

Welcome @LyteKrame and @Strahmhv.  Make sure you start your skill training right away... training happens even when you're not playing.  The game is rather grindy at the moment and it takes a month or so to get your skills up to a useful state.  But don't worry, every now and then they wipe everything and make us start over from scratch, at which point you'll be starting from even footing.  So use this time to figure the game out. And good luck!

So the leveling we do in God's Reach will follow us to the Campaigns for 5.9 that are dropping soon?  So the wipe is only a character/inventory wipe and not a skill tree wipe?  What is God's Reach anyway?

Thank you!

Tai

29 minutes ago, TaichiGyoza said:

So the leveling we do in God's Reach will follow us to the Campaigns for 5.9 that are dropping soon?  So the wipe is only a character/inventory wipe and not a skill tree wipe?  What is God's Reach anyway?

Thank you!

Tai

God's Reach is a campaign that doesn't end and there are no winners or losers. It has safe adventuring zones and lower rank mobs and resources. It's basically a place to learn the game, or to hang out between campaigns. When you log into the game, you will see 3 things you can select: Eternal Kingdoms, God's Reach and Campaigns. You can move between God's Reach and EKs without having to put stuff into your spirit bank. Everything that is in your inventory will travel with you.

Campaigns work differently. There isn't one currently up. They should be bringing a couple up (one in North America and one in Europe) as soon as 5.9 goes to live. Campaigns last a finite amount of time and has a winner. Before you join a campaign, make sure you move all of the stuff in your inventory, and all your equipped gear, into your spirit bank, otherwise it may be lost. 

I don't think there will be a wipe for 5.9. They just wiped characters and items for 5.8. If they do wipe characters, obviously you will have to level again. If not, then yes, you just use whatever characters you already have, with whatever levels you have already earned.

Arkade thank you for the quick response!

God's Reach is a campaign that doesn't end and there are no winners or losers. It has safe adventuring zones and lower rank mobs and resources. It's basically a place to learn the game, or to hang out between campaigns. When you log into the game, you will see 3 things you can select: Eternal Kingdoms, God's Reach and Campaigns. You can move between God's Reach and EKs without having to put stuff into your spirit bank. Everything that is in your inventory will travel with you.

Campaigns work differently. There isn't one currently up. They should be bringing a couple up (one in North America and one in Europe) as soon as 5.9 goes to live. Campaigns last a finite amount of time and has a winner. Before you join a campaign, make sure you move all of the stuff in your inventory, and all your equipped gear, into your spirit bank, otherwise it may be lost. 

I don't think there will be a wipe for 5.9. They just wiped characters and items for 5.8. If they do wipe characters, obviously you will have to level again. If not, then yes, you just use whatever characters you already have, with whatever levels you have already earned.

I played the game in earlier versions but before there was an existence of God's Reach.  So if I can take resources back to my EK from God's Reach without putting stuff in my spirit bank then can I also bring said resources into the campains from God's Reach as well?

Also if I can get everything I need from God's Reach, Craft it in my EK and then bring it the Campaigns what's the point of mining resources or fighting over them in the campaigns?  I must be missing something?   Will there always be a "God's Reach?

Thank you for the help!

Tai

Posted (edited)

God's Reach and the EKs are connected (lore-wise "God's Reach" is the world protected by the Gods from the Hunger, and it never dies).

Campaigns are the dying worlds that have more risk and also have Import/Export restrictions, depending on the ruleset. Characters (vessels) can travel to Campaigns but all items must go through Spirit Bank right now.

Adding:  God's Reach will have limited ranks of mobs and nodes as it's designed for new players. If you want higher quality items you'll need to move into a Campaign eventually.

Edited by miraluna

tiPrpwh.png

10 minutes ago, TaichiGyoza said:

So you mean that I can level my characters in God's Reach and then bring those leveled characters into the campaign with me right?

Thanks again!

Tai

Yes.