Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Making higher quality gear?

Since the last wipe I have been attempting to craft +40 harvesting picks, hammers, etc to no avail. The most I can get seems to be +37. I have tried using both green and blue resources but nothing improves this score. I have used a huge amount of ethereal dust on large and small re-rolls  to no avail. I see the same issue with my blacksmith. No mater the quality of the resource I cannot get better quality weapons nor armor. I have noticed however since the wipe I am getting far more failures experimenting and far less good and higher rolls. My vessels are blue quality and I am equipping the correct disciplines and using the crafting stations I have placed in my EK. So from what I see nothing has changed on my side. Is anyone else noticing this? Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I may be doing wrong?

I have completed 10 buttons in Runemaking but it only shows 40% completed. I think that is because I have nothing in Runemaking Production. Either way I have alot more completed since the last vessel wipe but getting worse results. I am using "negligible" risk but I was using that previously so why would that matter? I was getting +40 then ....

Edited by Incarnatus

27 minutes ago, Incarnatus said:

I have completed 10 buttons in Runemaking but it only shows 40% completed.

Your 'Runemaking Experimentation' skill determines how successful your experiments are (good, great, amazing, etc.).  I was wondering if maybe you skipped some of those nodes, it would account for poor experimentation rolls.

As to why you're getting worse results now than before, I think there were some recent changes to how re-rolls work which give less consistent results.  I'll link it up if I can find where the changes were.

Edited by Hyriol

11 minutes ago, Tiberius_Invictus said:

Noob question: does a higher score on picks & hammers etc. create more rare resource drops, or does it just do more damage to the node?

+Mining only increases the damage you do against higher rank ore nodes.  Plentiful harvesting skill (caps at five) and harvesting critical is what you want to see higher quality resources.

There are a couple of changes since last vessel with @Incarnatus that are likely affecting you. The first change is the availability or crafting minors before you could get these free and each one added about a tier worth of experimentation skill. The second is the changes to re-rolls...it used to be re-rolls just rolled in addition to the original rolls now re-rolls replace the original rolls which has reduced the quality of all crafters items.

So basically before it used to be if you had 5 pips you got those 5 rolls which we'll just say was 20 in this case. Then when you re-rolled before you got 5 more pips worth of rolls so like another 25 for a total of 40. Now when you re-roll it basically takes the first 20 away and gives you whatever the new upgraded roll is so in the example you'd just get the 25 from the second roll not the 20+25....hopefully this helps a bit.

Edited by Sophia_Scarlett

11 minutes ago, Incarnatus said:

OK. I am starting to see what happened. @Hyriol please explain plentiful harvesting skill caps at 5. 5 what?

Plentiful harvest stats cap at 5 pips, or points, or whatever you want to call them. When you target a harvesting node, you will see a number of diamonds in the tooltip. That represents your plentiful harvest number with that particular node. 

If you open your character sheet, click on the details button and go to the Explore tab, you can see all of your harvesting stats.

For plentiful harvest, you get 1 by default, and then there are buffs/debuffs based on the seasons. +2 for sprint, +1 for summer, -1 for fall and -2 for winter.

You can get a total of +3 from skill training. You can get +1 from the harvesting majors and you can get +1 each from potions and food. No matter how many sources you have, you can't have more than 5. That is the cap. So, fully trained in spring, using the appropriate major plus potions and food, you will still be at 5.

1 hour ago, Tiberius_Invictus said:

Noob question: does a higher score on picks & hammers etc. create more rare resource drops, or does it just do more damage to the node?

Harvest skill (mining skinning etc) is the equivalent of armor penetration, and higher rank nodes have more armor. Once you have enough harvest skill from training and gear to fully penetrate the armor of a given rank of node, more skill will not help you do more damage to the node.

@Arkade by food you mean the correct animal meat like Auroch for mining? And what skill training exactly (Something like "increase plentiful harvest by 1"?)

Just now, Incarnatus said:

@Arkade by food you mean the correct animal meat like Auroch for mining? And what skill training exactly (Something like "increase plentiful harvest by 1"?)

Yes, the various kebab recipes give +1 plentiful to ore, stone, etc.

The skill training is under exploration. The very first node of the Excavation tree gives you +1 to ore, stone and graves. If you want more plentiful ore, for example, you need to go into the Ore Specialization tree. There are 5 branches, one for each type of ore. Each branch has nodes that give a total of +2 plentiful for that specific type of ore.