Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tiberius_Invictus

WTB for 10 million gold:

Recommended Posts

Eh, the experimentation success isn't so bad.

The big issue is the ASSEMBLY fails..... seems like much higher than 2%, and I don't get why I could be a master blacksmith and not get this lowered to 1% or .1%.

Seems like an UNNEEDED sink.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I'm not saying the experimentation algorithm needs to be changed, I'd just like to know what it IS so I can go full bore statistician on that $#!%.

I do agree that failing an assembly because of the 98% cap is a real kick to the groin.  Seems unnecessary to cap at 98% since crafted stuff has durability and won't last forever.  Durability of crafted stuff should be sufficient to keep the economy going without the rage-quit inducing unavoidable  2% roll.

Edited by Tiberius_Invictus

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Ussiah said:

Eh, the experimentation success isn't so bad.

The big issue is the ASSEMBLY fails..... seems like much higher than 2%, and I don't get why I could be a master blacksmith and not get this lowered to 1% or .1%.

Seems like an UNNEEDED sink.

Absolutely yes, as it stands atm this feels like much larger than the 2%... it's absolutely f**king ridiculous... In the end, it seems less like a RNG mechanic and more like a giant slap in the face with no regards or respect for the time it takes to max passive skills. It's basically the "angry and disturbed child with a magnifying glass to the ant hill" mentality in game design format. NEEDS TO CHANGE!!! @vkromas

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Crafting is fun and engaging when every once in a while you win the lottery and get better than expected results.  Totally un-fun when it's a reverse lottery where every once in a while you get totally shafted.  The idea that there should be no mitigation for that possibility is pretty lame.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2019 at 11:41 AM, Tiberius_Invictus said:

Crafting is fun and engaging when every once in a while you win the lottery and get better than expected results.  Totally un-fun when it's a reverse lottery where every once in a while you get totally shafted. 

In PvP, sometimes you win and sometimes you die (and lose all your inventory). CF is a risk vs reward kinda game :)

Regarding the algorithm, we did get to look at a spreadsheet briefly on livestream:

 

 


tiPrpwh.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/13/2019 at 7:19 PM, miraluna said:

In PvP, sometimes you win and sometimes you die (and lose all your inventory). CF is a risk vs reward kinda game :)

Regarding the algorithm, we did get to look at a spreadsheet briefly on livestream:

 

 

Your logic is sound but this mechanic makes the game incredibly un-fun for a lot of people.  So much hard work and time for a final product to see it go to waste. I have put hours into some items and to have them fail at the final assembly is so hart wrenching I have logged off for weeks not wanting to log back and and go through the entire process of crafting the desired item again.

Also in your analogy, pvp is run back. Failing at assembly could be hours of time wasted.

If the goal is to piss off/dishearten players, or to push them to log of for a bit then this mechanic should stay as is.

Edited by bignick22000

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, the 98% chance cap is lame and annoying. Max assembly stat should completely mitigate assembly fails...or the respective crafting discipline techniques minor gets a bonus to offset the 2% failure risk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/12/2019 at 2:01 PM, Ussiah said:

The big issue is the ASSEMBLY fails..... seems like much higher than 2%, and I don't get why I could be a master blacksmith and not get this lowered to 1% or .1%.

Seems like an UNNEEDED sink.

They've done studies you know....98% of the time it works every time. 

That doesn't make sense. 

 

Edited by blazzen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...